Where's Dr. Isles?

I walked out into the kitchen to talk to Ma. When I was sitting at the island, I felt the baby kick me. This wasn't the first time I've felt the baby, but this was the first time it actually hurt me. "Ouch!" I yelled as I held onto my stomach.

"What's wrong?" Ma asked.

"The baby just kicked me."

"Did it hurt?"

"No, Ma. I just like saying ouch."

She came over to me and felt the baby. It was moving around a lot today and I don't know why. It doesn't usually move around as much as it's doing right now.

"Wow, this sure is a Rizzoli baby!" she said.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because you, Frankie, and Tommy would always beat me up."

I smiled down at my stomach. It's extremely unusual to see a pregnant belly where my flat, toned abs used to be. I needed to go to the gym after this delivery.

"Hey, where's Abby?" I asked her.

"She went to visit a few friends I believe."

"Oh, okay. I kinda miss that rae of sunshine."

"So have you thought of any names yet?"

"Not yet, I want you to be surprised."

The baby got my mind off of Maura for a little. Or, until she decided to join us out into the kitchen. Maura walked out of her bedroom looking like a zombie.

"Well good morning, sleepy head," I said to her.

"Jane, who was just here?" Maura asked me.

"What do you mean? No one other than Ma and I was here."

"No, someone was just in my room."

Ma and I looked at each other with the same thoughts. We were both wildly confused and we slowly looked back at Maura before I told her, "That was me, Maur."

"No, Jane. It wasn't. I would've known if it was you."

"Maura, what were you doing last night after you left me?"

She ran her finger through her hair before she answered me. Shaking her head, Maura replied, "I uh... I don't remember."

"Maura, sweetie, what's going on? You look terrible," Ma asked her.

Maura never responded. She just stood there, staring at us. I looked at the clock and noticed that it was about time to leave for the burial. "Oh my God, Maur, you need to get dressed."

"I'm not going," she said.

"What?" Ma and I asked her.

"I can't watch them put him under the ground. I won't do it."

"Come on, Maur. Do it for him."

"No, Jane. I told you, I'm not going!" she exclaimed as she walked back into her bedroom. I silently followed her. As I peeked around her door frame, there I saw Maura sprawled out on her bed. Walking up to her, I sat down and started playing with her hair.

"Maur?" I asked.

She looked up at me with tears streaming down from her eyes. Her cheeks were stained from two things- her mascara running and the salty substance pouring out of her eyes.

"I understand why you might not want to go. But Maura..." Oh boy, I can feel myself beginning to tear up. My voice began cracking as I continued, "...but Maura, he's your son. Whether you want to or not, I'm sure that he would want his mother there."