27.Confession

RUHANI'S POV.

Massi maa left after having dinner. Shina and Sukriti went to drop her off to the airport. Ishita and Prem left too. And now I am alone. Not literally. Veer is in his study. He never came down to have dinner and he didn't even came down to meet massi maa for last time. I told Ishita everything and she told me to wait and then clearify everything with him. I was deep in my thoughts when I heard footsteps coming in the kitchen. I was adjusting the plates on the counter. When I turned around to look at the person who came into the kitchen. I found a tired Veer opening fridge and taking a water bottle out. He then turned around to left the kitchen.

"Veer." I called him. He stopped in his tracks without turning around. I hurriedly went toward him and stood in front of him. His eyes were cold and jaw was clenched.

"What's wrong? Why are you doing this? Plz Veer don't do this to me

"What's wrong? Why are you doing this? Plz Veer don't do this to me." I pleaded. He frowned.

"I called the lawyer and the papers will be ready by tomorrow. Don't worry soon you will be free. You will be happy." And with that he started walking toward his study again. I held his wrist and stopped him.

"What papers? What are you talking about? Atleast tell me the reason?" I frowned.

"Divorce papers." He said without emotions. I left his wrist in shock. My eyes widened in surprise.

"You can't be serious." I asked him.

"Oh but don't you want that? I am just giving you what you want." He said to  me raising his eyebrow.

"No." I Shake my head in no.

"NO." I shouted. A lone tear came out of my eyes.

"Why not? Don't you worry. I will try to stop that marriage. Nikhil will not marry Yuvani. You will be happy soon. Everything will be ok." He said through his teeths. My eyes widened.

"NO. I don't want to marry him. I don't want Divorce." Tears started flowing freely from my eyes.

"WHY? DON'T YOU LOVE HIM." He yelled.

"NO.I DON'T BECAUSE I LOVE YOU IDIOT." I shouted irritatingly.

"What?" He asked. It came out more like a whisper. He was shocked. The cold look in his eyes were no more visible. Just surprise was evident his eyes. I didn't wanted to tell him this like that.

"Yes Veer Singhania. I love you. You are the most stupid man I've ever met but still I love you not him--" I was cut off by a sudden kiss. He captured my lips in his and kiss me with passion. All the anger and guilt was evident in his kiss. He pulled me closer and I gasped for air but he took that opportunity to slide his tongue in my mouth. There was a taste of beer which means he's been drinking but how? He never came out of that room.  He pulled back a little and looked at me with stupid smile. I sighed and took a deep breath. It wasn't like the first time he kissed me. It was different. A good kind of different. It shows the love but that first kiss only showed the lust. Things have changed and I am grateful. I am happy that this idiot is mine. I grinned.