16. The chance

Ruhani's POV.

I came out of the bathroom wrapping the towel around myself there was a pink and sky blue salwar suit placed on the bed with yellow chunni ( veil). I picked it up and wear it. I am going to meet my dad today. I don't know how is he doing. Please God i just don't want to loose him too. Please God. 

"Hey you ready?" Veer knocked the door and asked from outside. I unlocked the door and nodded. He looked at me from head to toe and there was a look of satisfaction in his eyes.

"Wait. Something is missing." He said. I frowned. He went toward dressing table and pick something up. He came toward me and put some red powder (sindoor) in the partition of my hair.

"Now you look perfect." He smiled and kissed my cheek. I hate it when he do this. Yesterday night he stole my first kiss. And i hate him for that. I never expected my first kiss to be a forceful one. I never thought i'll get my first kiss from the person i hate. I always imagined it to be Nick. When veer accused me of being in a physical relationship with Nick last night i felt anger. I was so furious. I never let anyone touch me. Not even Nikhil. He understands me and never even tried to do stuff like that.

"Let's eat breakfast." He said. He held my hand and dragged me down to the hall. We sat on the table and ate our breakfast silently. We ate bread and butter which I didn't like. Ofcourse its nice but still breakfast should be something heavy which will satisfy your hunger. I shook my head and ate it silently.

"Princess. Your father had a surgery yesterday and he is ok now. He insisted the hospital authorities that he wants to go home. So they shifted him to his home." He said. What?

"What? How can they do that? He need proper care and hospital would be the place where he will get it. If anything happens to him who will be responsible?" I said in one breath. I get Panicked. I stood up from my seat. He stood up to and held my hand. He squeezed it.

"Relax. Calm down. Your father is as stubborn as you." He chuckled. It's a serious Matter and he is laughing.

"He refused to take medicines and didn't eat anything. So they had to do it. And there is two nurses who took care of him. And also doctor will go there for regular check up. " He assured me. I nodded.

"Now let's go then. Shall we?" He smiled and i nodded. We went to the car and sat down in it. The ride was silent and i was so much thankful for that. Soon enough we reached there. I didn't waited for Veer and ran to the door.i rang the bell three times.

"Oh gosh..Coming just wait. " I heard Yuvani shouting from inside. The door opened revealing very tired Yuvani. She was looking very tired like she didn't get any sleep last night.

"Ruh." She whispered and hugged me tightly. She started sobbing. I didn't try to comfort her. On the other hand i also started crying. What is wrong with me? I never cried and now i can't stop crying. It's not me. I am not like this. Yuvani pulled back and looked at me.

"How are you?" She said. I tried to smile but failed miserably. She took a step back and gulped in fear. Her eyes widened. She looked afraid. I looked behind me and there stood Veer singhania AKA the devil with his cold eyes and emotionless face. It's like he doesn't want to show any emotions to anyone. I turned around and faced Yuvani.

"I wanna meet dad." I said and held her hand. She nodded and i dragged her toward dad's room. As soon as i reached his room tears started running down my eyes. I turned the door knob and opened the door slightly. I peeked in. He was sitting and reading newspaper. I smiled and wiped my tears. I pushed the door open.

"Hey dad." I smiled at him. He looked up from the newspaper. His eyes Twinkle in happiness. He smiled and tears started flowing through his eyes.
"Ruhani. Mera bccha (my daughter)." He said weakly. He opened his arms and i practically ran to him. I hugged him tightly and cried for sometime. I hate seeing him like this. He is so weak. There was a machine placed on the side of the bed which keeps on beeping. The wires were attached to his body. There was a syringe on back of his hand. I pulled away from the hug.