22. Fasting

Ruhani's POV.

Its been two weeks to that dreadful day when I saw Veer killing that man. That scene keep replaying in my mind. I can't forget it. After that night he never came in our room nor did he talk to me. He will go early to God knows where and come home late and went straight to his study. He will never eat lunch or dinner with us. He is being really distant these few days. I should feel good or relieved because I wanted this but instead of feeling good I am feeling lonely, sad and most importantly I regret saying all that to him. I don't know why. Its like he has became a part of my Life.

"Ruhani Eat fast before sun rises because you are not going to get anything to eat till night." I came back to senses by Massi maa's voice. Today is Karvachauth. It is a tradition in which all the married ladies will do fasting for the long life of their husbands.

"I am done." I just ate two spoons that's all. I don't feel like eating. I don't know why but these few days I didn't eat well.

"Bhabi you know that you are not getting anything to eat till night. You should eat more." Sukriti told me. She and Shina too wanted to do this ritual.
"Let her be. If she doesn't want to eat then don't force her. Concentrate on your food." Shina said faking sweetness. Ohhhhhh how I want to kill you girl. I narrowed my eyes. I know she is having fast for Veer. But let me tell you bitch he is my husband not yours.

Aww.. where did that came from? You like him. OMG.

What? No. Shut up. I don't like anyone.

Yesssss. You do.

Argg shut up or I'll not talk to you.

Ok. Then don't. But remember you do like him.

"I DON'T" I shouted. Everyone looked at me.

"what?" Massi maa asked.

"Umm. I don't umm I don't want to eat anything. Excuse me." I got up and went straight to my room. Veer never showed up in these few days. Will he come today? My fast will be fulfilled by eating something from his hands. What if he doesn't come? I don't know and I don't care.

Yes you do care sweety.

Shut--

"Actually for the first time I agree with you. I do care. I really do."

"About what?" I jumped hearing his voice. I turned around and looked at very handsome Veer only in towel. My eyes were glued to his abs. The water was dripping out of his wet hair. The droplet fell on his chest and slide down to his abs and then disappeared in the towel.

"Hot." I whispered looking at his abs.

"What?" He raised his eyebrows. I know he heard it clear. Ok two can play.

"I said its very hot in here I should open the windows." I went toward the window and pushed it open. I turn around to ask him if he is coming tonight or not but he was already gone.

"What's his problem? He is being so arrogant." I muttered and sat on the bed. It was our first conversation after that night. Yeah i know awkward.

Whatever I am just going to sleep now. Waking up this early is not my thing.

************************************
I was sleeping peacefully untill someone start shaking me.

Arggg Yuvani you will never change.

"Yuvi don't. Let me sleep or I swear--"  I stopped in mid when I realised that I am not in my house. I am in Veer's house. I opened my eyes and saw Sukriti standing there with smile.