Chapter 5

Kira's POV

As I walked back up to Oliver's room I huffed in annoyance. Nile was getting on my last nerve. First he was in some sort of argument with my mate, then he has the audacity to call me crazy. Again. 

Argh! He makes me so mad!

I was already fuming while pacing around the room, but when I looked out the window to see a wolf, who I was assuming was Nile, and Oliver preparing to fight, I lost it. I've never actually seen red because of anger, but boy did I tunnel vision on the wolf. I instantly flashed down to the front door and opened it just in time to see the chocolate brown wolf lung at Oliver. Oliver easily dodged, and I could see that he was mad, yet entertained with the fight. 

My inner vampire shoved it's way to the front and I felt my eyes chill and my fangs come out. The voice was growling ferociously inside, and I snarled as well.

I focused my sight on the wolf, who I now knew was Nile, and all of the anger inside of me boiled over. Nile began to shake he head and he whimpered before laying down on the ground. I could see that everyone was looking at me, but I didn't lose concentration. Some part deep inside of me knew exactly what I was doing as I felt my mind dig into Nile's and manage to grab the human part, pulling it violently out. The other part was a little surprised and pleased when Nile instantly shifted back.

That was when I began to take fast steps toward him, my rage increasing with each step.

"How dare you try to fight my mate, you mangy mutt!" I hissed along with my inner vampire, pointing my finger at him. She was certainly out to play.

"He let you and your pack come to his own home to help you escape Alpha Dylan and he has held himself together enough to not do any harm to the pack. He may have hurt your brother awhile ago, but did you eve imagine what he felt when a family friend attacked him? He was more than angry and offended, I can assure you that, and even through all of that he didn't kill Austin. So please tell me, what gives you the right to challenge my mate?" I asked, feeling my control tilt over the edge.

I was now standing within a foot of Nile, who had his back was against a tree. His eyes were wide with surprise and just a small amount of fear. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again.

"Well?" I asked/growled.

"I don't have a reason. I just don't like him." He said after a moment. His honesty was good to have, but it enraged me at the same time. I didn't think I'd ever had so much emotion at once. I was guessing he saw that I only had murder on my mind, because he gulped and began to look more frightened than before. Without thinking I tackled him to the ground, my fingers tightening around his throat. His face began to turn red while he tried prying my finger away. And failing.

"Kira." Oliver said, piercing through my haze of anger. I turned to look at him to see that he had a light smile on.

"I love the protective side of you." He said, stepping closer to me. My inner vampire seemed to purr, and began to sink back somewhere deep inside of me. My clasp on his throat loosened.

"There's a 'but' isn't there?" I asked, feeling myself return to normal. He chuckled and nodded slightly.

"But we don't want any dead wolves around here. I had everything under control, plus I sort of antagonized him." He said, brushing my hair away from my face gently.

 I cleared my throat and turned to him. 

"Speaking of antagonizing people, you really shouldn't do that to your allies." I said with a mild scolding look. He only continued to grin and shrugged his shoulders.