Chapter 3

Oliver's POV

I wasn't sure what exactly happened as my heart was ripped in half while I looked down at a motionless Kira, but words rang through the air.

"You need to bite her!" 

I turned and looked at the source of the sound and saw and unfamiliar blue haired guy and Simon. 

"Blue hair and silver eyes. You're the one she was talking about." Noah said venomously. His words clicked in my head and I involuntarily growled.

"That doesn't matter now. We think if you bite her before she is completely gone, the venom and her elf blood could coincide and she'll live. So you need to do it now!" Simon said. I decided it couldn't do any worse and I instantly obeyed. I refused to let go and after a minute, just when my hope was fading, the sound of a faint heartbeat thundered through my ears. I continued to allow my venom to seep into her until the heartbeat was strong.

I couldn't do anything except hold her to me and take deep breaths.

"You need to tell me who the hell you are." I muttered, too grateful to be angry.

"Well I suppose I should start from the beginning. My name is Vladen, and I am the only other living Pure Blood."

Kira's POV

A few hours later**

I was staring at the man claiming to be Vladen in awe. I was at a loss for words.

"Are you supposed to be dead?" I asked, wanting to smack myself letting that be the first thing to come out of my mouth. He saved my life and I was questioning him on something like that? I should have plenty of other questions for him regarding how I was alive.

He only chuckled in response.

"We'll get there." He replied.

"Just be patient with us." Dionysia added. I wasn't sure why, but Dionysia's presence was annoying me to an unbearable level.

"I will when you start talking." I snapped, glaring at her. An arm snaked around my waist and pulled me close. The wonderful tingles told me it was Oliver, but who else would it have been? 

I calmed down and sighed deeply, frowning as I scolded myself.

We took a few moments to settle into the room, and finally we were all comfortable. For a long while I listened to him talk and tell me about the war that was a little over 2000 years ago. He informed me that the spell he had done dictated that only one other pure other than himself would live at one time, rather than just one in general. On top of that, elves were very far from extinct and had taken to living in deep forests, underground, and some even among-st humans because they could not be defined as super natural creatures. 

"But there is an important reason that I need you. The elves are done hiding, and at a poor time as well. With the conflict between the wolves and vampires, elves could easily come in and take over everything. I voted against it, as do many others, but we need another strong elven voice." Vladen said, giving me a look.

"You want me to speak to them?" I said in surprise.

"Yes. Another pure against an all out war could be a huge game changer. Most do not want to re-enter the world only to lose their loved ones again."

I wasn't sure what to say, so I merely nodded.

"So do you have any questions?" He asked. 

What a dumb question. I thought to myself. Of course I did!