Katerina Vasiliev

A/n: By now you have already or probably read about Leonid Romanov (the man who  raised Theo Sinclair after his parents passes away. You have also met Nick's Russian girlfriend in Italian Belle. You have probably also read about Katya Romanov, Katerina's sister. The relationship between Katerina Romanov and Stefan Romanov is that they are cousins.)

Nick's POV
She ran her fingers over my back after I hanged up. "What is it baby?" She asked me. "Who is that? You look troubled."

Katerina fixed her sapphires on me. We have been together for three years now. She remains a total secret from everyone. It's the last thing I want to do but this girl belongs in the very darkness I escaped from. If she is to come out into the light then a lot about me will too and I can't have that. Cats and dogs don't play together.

"A friend is in trouble. She needs my help."

"Which friend?" She frowned at me, looking jealous. A wry smile came over me.

"Are you jealous cara mia?"

"Do you want your balls crushed?" She asked in a thick Russian accent. Her smile is priceless. "Name."

"Naila Bellingerre. She's my ex girlfriend."

After Naila, Katerina and I reconnected.

"And my cousin's wife."

"What?" I frowned. I know Naila has disappeared and Tony assured everyone she just wanted a change of scenery. He never said she got married.

"The wedding I attended was his. The bride's name was Naila Bellingerre. Raven hair, silver eyes... da?"

"Yes."

"That is her then. She looked happy."

"Then why did she tell me she has been held hostage?" I asked Katerina.

She circled me completely naked. She has a beautiful body as much as she has several scars. She won't talk about the scars but I know there's a painful story behind each one. I never thought we would get back together after she vanished into thin air but here we are still setting the sheets ablaze.  "I won't be surprised if it's true. My cousin Stefan tends to be obsessive. If it is true, " she stole a lengthy kiss from my lips. I can't focus. Naila needs help. "You will need my help."

"What do you want in return Katerina?"

"Tell me you will save me from my father. Tell me you will save both my sister and I from our monstrous father."

Katerina is the daughter of a Russian mobster. Her father holds a high rank in the mob. The man is ruthless. I have seen his handiwork. There is no way I can help without tapping into my own darkness for help. It's not something I can do within the confines of being simply a billionaire. The whole purpose of leaving Tuscany behind was to avoid the Mafia. How can I go against a Russian mobster without the Mafia? But I am falling in love with Katerina. I want to help her. "I promise."

"Then I help with your problem. My papa has a serum. It's very rare but from what I hear, once injected it slows down the heart to the point a machine won't detect a beat. Your friend will be dead and that is how we save her. But I must warn you. If we take too long, she dies."

"What can I do to help?"

"I want you to stay away from it. Ill do this for you as payment for the last three years of sanctuary you have given me and hopefully many more to come." She cupped my face. "I love you Nickolas, my protector."

"I love you too." I kissed her luscious lips. "I promise I will protect you and your sister from your father."

Stefan's POV
Obsession can't even define what I feel for Naila Bellingerre. She is like a sweet drug deeply absorbed in my very being, running wild in my veins and pumping violently through my blood. She is that high that left me in the state of euphoria that should never end.