Chapter 15: Ballerina

I have been waiting for two outcomes. The first is a phone call from Mel and the second is for the front door to open. In both outcomes I am hoping that Mel will admit that she has made a mistake and wants to come back but neither of the two is happening. She is truly gone and I have no idea how safe she really is with Stefan or whether she is just too proud to come back. Either way I am worried about someone who isn't even related to me by blood.

That little girl, as annoying as she is, used to take good care of my son. Without her I have decided against working at the club. Unfortunately, it means I'm down to one job. My boss allows me to take Bas with me as long as I leave him the hotel's playroom. I don't trust the lady who works there to be a good nanny but I don't exactly have a choice. How else will I make ends meet?

But not being exhausted from working two jobs has helped me to return to something I've always loved; dancing. Since I was a little girl I've always loved dancing and it was why I have been eyeing the empty space with a note attached to the floor length window. The notice for lease has been there for weeks now. I read it every day I walk past the shop.

Freya has sent me a rather extravagant baby gift and as much as I should have set the money aside for my son I thought of finding a new way to bring in some more income. I am going to use the money Freya sent me to lease the space. My plan is to teach ballet and other dances to anyone who is interested.

This way I can be my own boss and bring my son to work if I please. I imagine Wayne's reaction to his little girl finally doing something that doesn't involve spending money on designer brands. A victorious grin covered my face when I thought of my plan. Wayne would give me a thumbs up if he knew what I intend to do. The old man inspires the entrepreneur in me. I put the plan to effect in the days that followed and in a short while since the owner was desperate to get someone to lease, I got the space.

I finally have something that's my own and the best part about the space is that it has a backroom large enough to double up as a living space should I ever lose my apartment.

"Our little project Bas. I will make a dancer out of you as well." I told my six-month-old son who has recently learned how to crawl.

He gave me a big smile that stopped me from sweeping the floor. Whenever Bas smiles he looks a little like his father. The smile can thaw a winter day just like Cole's always got me to smile back. Other than that golden smile Bas doesn't resemble Cole nor me. I just can't place who he reminds me of.

He clasped his little hands together after he had crawled to my feet reaching up in some sort of request to be picked up. I cast the broom aside and picked him up, kissing his chubby cheeks. "You should meet your father, if only it were possible. He will never put you down. He will spoil you rotten. He will love you."

I remember Cole telling me once that if he were a dad he could make everyday 'take your son to work day.' Just thinking of how Bas would excite him almost convinces me to pick up the phone and call him. I want to tell him about Bas and that I didn't use him as a rebound. I want to pour out my heart and explain why I left but thinking of the night at the conservatory makes me reason otherwise. I am starting to forgive Cole but Bas will remain my secret.

"Are you open for business?" A man asked.

That damn familiar voice gave me a bigger frown than my own nostalgic thoughts of Bas' father. I stared into my son's blue eyes wondering whether to ignore the man in all entirety or to pay attention. He's already in the shop so there's no ignoring him.

"What do you want?"

Stefan smiled and revealed the hand he had tucked behind his back. He was holding a single red rose with a long stem.