46. In Memory of Martian Manhunter

**Special Chapter Today just because I had it ready to go and wanted to get it out! Hope you like it! Next one will be up Tuesday!**

Beginning of July
Alex's POV

It's been a month since the funeral, things have gotten a little better for me. I still miss him a lot. I remember about three weeks ago, Maggie walked into our bathroom and heard me crying in the shower. I'm not one to display my feelings to anyone, so that was the only place where the noise could drown it out. I haven't cried since then, and I don't feel the need to anymore. I started to take over the DEO about a week ago. It was interesting, but a little difficult. I'm still having issues while trying to run it, but I'm doing what I can for now. 

Maggie and I are supposed to go to J'onn's apartment today and clean out his things. His landlord called me yesterday, I guess J'onn gave him my number. 

We were standing in front of the apartment door, and I was hesitant to open it. But I did. I walked in and everything was very neat, almost like he knew what he was going to do. I pushed aside any feelings that came back to the surface and started packing. Maggie kept asking if I was alright, but I just continued to answer 'I'm fine.' I wouldn't let myself feel anything, not anymore. 

Barry's POV

Kara was laying in our bed, wrapped in blankets with the TV playing some cooking show just to have noise. She hadn't slept in a week. It was killing me because I couldn't help her. She was depressed and not even the dogs could get her out of bed. I would bring her food everyday and I started having to cover for her at work. 

"Kara." I said softly, crouching next to the bed. Nora was laying at her feet, resting her head on her legs. Jett had came in with me and jumped up and laid where I usually sleep. She looked up at me with tired eyes. "I made some spaghetti. You hungry?" 

She didn't nod or shake her head, she just looked back at the floor. I sighed. 

"Kara, you haven't eaten in three days. This isn't healthy." I told her. She just continued to stare into space. I stood up and left the room, Jett following me into the living room. I sat on the couch and he jumped into my lap. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. If I couldn't help her, maybe he could. 

Maggie's POV

I was worried about Alex, she wouldn't let herself feel anything. I know, I can tell. She was packing up his living room when she came across a photo of her and J'onn in the field. They were so happy. She just breathed in and put it on the counter. 

"What are we doing with that?" I asked her. She looked at me. 

"I want to keep it." She said, simply. She went back to packing. I had finished packing up the kitchen and moved to the bedroom to pack up. I went into his bedside dresser and started to put things in the box. That's when I found a note. 

Kara's POV

I was numb. Not because I wanted to be, but because I just was. It wasn't up to me. I don't know how I got here, or why I'm like this. It's like my brain and my body are two different things. Barry was worried about me, and I couldn't even let myself tell him I was fine. Nora hadn't left my side since I came back from the funeral. She has been laying with me all day, except for when she goes to eat or Barry takes them on a walk. Krypto would occasionally come and sit at the end of the bed. Jett was Daddy's boy, he was with Barry twenty-four seven. It was cute, but I couldn't even smile. 

I heard the door open, but my body didn't turn to see who it was. I saw Barry walk in front me. He crouched in front me and rubbed his thumb over my hand. He smiled sadly at me. I looked to the left and saw Jett sitting there next to him. He looked almost exactly like Barry did right now, worried about me. Adorable, but again, I didn't smile.