10. A World Away

National City - Kara's POV

I walked into Catco and saw Winn, he practically jumped at me when I sat down at my desk.

"So was he nice?" I looked at him confused. "The Flash! Was he cool?" I laughed.

"Very. Oh, and there's this very geeky guy that works with him. He's his computer guy. You would get along with him very well." I said referring to Cisco. James walked up to us. 

"Hey, Kara. How was Central City?" He asked me, looking into Ms. Grant's office. And for the first time, I noticed Lucy Lane was with Ms. Grant.

"What's she doing here?" 

"I don't know. Ms. Grant called her in this morning." Winn answered. 

"What do you think they're talking about in there?" James asked us. We were now watching whatever was happening in Ms. Grant's office. 

"Kara does have this handy ability called superhearing..." Winn whispered. 

"Yeah, but that just feels wrong, doesn't it? Is that wrong?" I objected, truthfully wanting to hear what was going on. 

"Do it." James whispered to me. 

Before I could use my superhearing, a man came by and turned up the news on the TV by us. 

"The eccentric criminal known as 'Toyman' to his fellow inmates escaped from the Van Kull Maximum Security Prison this morning." The news caster said. Just then, Winn got up and muted the TV again. 

"What's going on with him?" James asked me as Winn left. I shrugged. That's when Ms. Grant and Lucy came out the office. She came over to talk to us when a group of people came in.

"Special Agent Cameron Chase, with the FBI. I'm here for Winslow Scott Jr." They came for Winn? Winn looked over to us.

"That's me." He said sadly. 

They brought Winn into a room to question him. They asked him if he had any contact with his father and he took out a toy that was from his dad telling him to meet him at their favorite place. We had him go there and meet his father. 

Central City - Barry's POV

I was in STAR Labs, trying anything to take my mind off Kara not being here anymore. Cisco ran up to me. 

"Toyman escaped in National City, you can go see your girlfriend and fight crime. Go." He gave me the address and I ran to National City. I ran into the old arcade and hid behind some barrels. I saw a young man. He was watching the lights, looking shaken. 

"I love you. Do you love me?" A creepy doll said. The man walked over and picked it up. He walked into another room and I followed still hiding. 

"Dad?" He called out. That's when I saw him, Toyman. The man walked toward Toyman. 

"God, look at you." The man sighed. 

"You need to turn yourself in." He cautiously walked toward Toyman slowly. 

"I broke out of prison for you, for us. I'm sorry I was gone so long." Toyman apologized. "My son. My good boy. My greatest work."

"I thought this was your greatest work." The man said throwing the doll he still held at Toyman's feet.

"We're the same, you and I." Toyman continued, ignoring the man. "We're linked. Together we can do anything." 

"We- we're not the same." He stuttered, still a little nervous looking. 

"That genius that lesser people call madness. That's inside you, too." He didn't look mad to me. "Why didn't you visit me? I just wanted to know that you were ok."

"I was not okay." He said softly. "I watched my dad get dragged off to prison when I was 11 for murder." I looked down, I knew how he felt. I went through the same thing. "How ok could I be after that, dad?"

Just then an army of agents burst through the door. "Winn, how could you?" Just then they started firing at Toyman. But he just fell to the floor as glass. 

"It's not him. He's not here." Winn said. 

"I told you to come alone. Now run." The doll on the floor said.

"What?" Winn seemed confused. 

"Run!" The doll repeated more harshly. Then all the toys in the arcade started letting out a toxic. Everyone started coughing, including me. Just then someone fell through the ceiling. Kara. She inhaled the toxic gas and then jumped out the roof and let it out. 

National City - Winn's POV

I left from talking with Kara and when I got in the hall, someone grabbed me from before and made me pass out. When I woke up, I saw my dad.

"Don't be scared, I just need you to listen."

"What do you want?" I stammered. 

"To be your father again." He told me. 

"Too late."

"In any case, It's all Dunholtz fault and we're gonna make him pay."

"That's why you broke out of jail, so you could get revenge on him for what, stealing your dumb toy designs?" I asked him, realizing what he wanted. 

"No, this isn't about him stealing a toy, this is about him stealing your childhood." I shook my head. "But I have a plan to make it right."

"Your gonna kill him." I swallowed. 

"No, I'm not gonna kill him. Your gonna kill him for me."

My father told me what to do. I only did it because if I didn't he would set off this alarm that would set off bombs and kill everyone else in the room. I walked into the convention hall and walked onto the stage and pointed the gun at Dunholtz. That's when the FBI stormed in. Instead of shooting at him, I shot toward the ceiling. Kara landed in front me and the Flash sped in. 

"He planted ten bombs here. You have to find them before he blows this place up." I told both of them. 

"He's in the basement." Kara told me looking at the floor. "He's detonating the bombs!" I panicked. "Flash, help me get everyone on the side of the building." 

I ran in the direction Kara pointed and Flash directed everyone to the side the building. Kara used her heat vision to set off the sprinklers. She used her freeze breath to make a frozen wall in between us. The bombs exploded the wall and everyone was fine. 

"Thank you for your help, Flash." Kara told him. He smiled. 

"Anytime." He looked to me. I started to panic as he walked up to me. He held out his hand and I hugged him. He laughed and left. 

My dad was sent back to jail and everything was fine. Kara and everyone and I had a potsticker and pizza night. Kara told us about her boyfriend back in Central City. She showed us pictures and described dates. I was happy she was happy.