21. Thanksgiving with the Danvers'

National City - Kara's POV

It was Thanksgiving, and as always, we were gathered in my apartment. Winn, James, Alex, Barry, and I were all waiting for Eliza to show up. That's when I heard a knock at the door. 

"I'll get it." I said, standing up and racing to the door. I ran to the door to find Eliza standing there. I hugged her and welcomed her inside. When I shut the door, I motioned for Barry to come over, and he did. 

"Kara, is this your friend from Central City you were telling me about?" Eliza asked as she set down her things by the front door. 

"Um, well. This is my boyfriend from Central City. Barry, this is my adopted mother, Eliza."

"Dr. Danvers, it's an honor and a privilege." Barry said, shaking her hand. 

"Please, call me Eliza." Barry nodded. 

"Well, Kara tells me that your a brilliant scientist." Barry commented, trying to win Eliza over. "I'm actually a CSI for CCPD."

"Really?" Eliza asked, impressed. I quietly chuckled as they walked over to the couch to continue their conversation. 

After about an hour, all the food was prepared and we were sitting at the table. Before we ate, Eliza caught my attention. 

"Kara, will you do us the honors?" I nodded and stood up. 

"So, it is a Danvers family tradition that, right before the meal, we go around and we say what we're thankful for." I sat back down. "Whoever wants to go first." 

That's when Winn stood up. "I'll go first." 

"Kara, I for one would like to say how thankful I am to have such an understanding friend." Winn said a few others words, then James, Alex, and Eliza went before Barry stood up. 

"Well, um. I'm thankful for you guys, and letting me join you for this dinner. And I am thankful for Kara, because you are not only an amazing friend and superhero, but also an amazing girlfriend." I smiled before he sat back down and we kissed. 

After we ate, Winn and James left and it was only Eliza, Alex, Barry, and me. 

"Barry, you have to be back in Central soon. You should leave." I told him as we picked up. 

"I'm going to help you clean up the apartment then leave. It's the least I can do for you inviting me." Barry said smiling. 

Alex and Eliza walked into the kitchen and helped clean up. After they finished everyone left. 

Central City - Barry's POV

I walked into S.T.A.R. Labs after just getting back from thanksgiving with Kara. I walked in to see a large table in center of the room. I smiled and saw Joe, Iris, Cisco, Caitlin, and Julian standing around it. 

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Cisco threw his hands in the air and smiled. I walked over and hugged everyone and we ate.