"Isn't she a fine she-wolf, Stone?" Boulder asked, eyes flashing mischievously at Misty.

Stone nodded, still keeping her in a stronghold.

Growling, Rascal dug his claws into the ground. He shoved, hard, past Skylark and faced his brothers coldly.

"Let her go." His voice softened to a deadly whisper.

Stone and Boulder exchanged a glance, then howled with laughter. Rascal didn't say a thing. He froze his eyes on them with a deep fire.

When the laughter died down, Boulder spoke first, still gasping for breath after the outburst. "What's so important about this she-wolf? She's too small, and can't fight us back. She's weak."

Misty visibly flinched, eyes distant, remembering a painful memory.

Boulder stepped forward and tried to nip Rascal, but was shocked when his brother forced him back with a step.

Rascal looked down at Misty. She kicked and thrashed, clawing furiously at Stone's legs.

"She's not weak," Rascal glared at Boulder. "I said to release her...Now."

Skylark shoved into Rascal's face. "We'll kill you if you don't leave now." He snarled.

They have Misty, and we have a mission to complete. I'm not leaving, not yet...

Rascal lifted his tail, and flattened his ears, staring at Skylark. "Then try."

The future alpha drew back in shock. He expected the old Rascal. The one who obeyed his orders without a word. The weak Rascal, that never fought back.....

"Go on," Rascal challenged. "Show them how tough you are." He flicked his tail towards his siblings and Misty.

For a second, uncertainty flicked in Skylark's brown eyes. He shook his head and stared back at Rascal with undisguised hate.

Skylark still stood rooted to the ground. He hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do next.

"Show them." Rascal taunted and pressed himself to the ground, ready to spring into action.

That was it. The silver wolf launched over Rascal and landed behind him. He circled around the black wolf curiously. Sure, he had grown in size and strength a lot since they had last seen each other, but so has Rascal.

Rascal whirled around and bowled over the silver wolf. Howling in rage Skylark scrambled to his paws and closed his teeth over Rascal's throat.

"No!" Misty snarled and twisted fiercely under Stone's paws. She lashed out with her claws and struggled strongly.

"Help me, Boulder! Ella, give us a few extra paws over here!" Stone ordered.

Immediately, Boulder bounded to Stone's side. But Ella stayed where she was, her blue eyes focused on Rascal and Skylark.

Her two brothers looked at her desperately. "Ella, please!" Boulder begged.

The snow-white she-wolf got to her paws and rushed right past them to where Rascal and Skylark were tussling.

Rascal howled when Skylark dug his fangs into his muzzle, gripping harder. Ella tensed her muscles and leaped to her brother's aide.

She drew her claws across the future alpha's flank. He snarled and threw Rascal aside. He spun around and looked at Ella with a mixture of surprise and shock.

Before he could react, Ella slammed her paws down on his muzzle, driving his face into slush and mud.

Rascal was back on his feet and jumped onto Skylark's shoulders, pinning him.

"Take us to your Pack," He whispered. "Now."

Rascal stepped off his enemy and let him stand. Skylark blindly staggered to his balance and gestured for Rascal and the others to follow.

Ella turned to see that the white she-wolf from Flame Woods Pack had won her match against Boulder and Stone.

The two brothers raced to Skylark's side obediently. Ella fell in step with the she-wolf on their way back. She noticed that the she-wolf's pelt was ruffled and spiky. A nervous newcomer.

"Hi," Ella's blue eyes glimmered with welcome. "Who are you?"

The she-wolf looked at her in confusion. Then her green eyes softened to realization. "I'm Misty. You must be Ella."

"Yes. How'd you know?"

"I've heard a lot of good things about you," Misty's muzzle broke into a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you."