You're Mine, Forever ~ Chapter 35

Start bij het begin

***

He didn't touch me that night and the night after that. He slept on his study and my pride didn't want me to asked him to stay in our bed.
I don't want this silent treatment he's giving me. It is such an uneasy situation. It felt like we're having a strained marriage and I know it's because of me.
I should've told him about Simon, about the visit and about the ending-it-totally-communication-part but due to my stupidity, I didn't tell. Maybe because at the back of my mind I wanted to delve his reaction. He sounded jealous and it made me feel triumphant. For that means he really cares a lot about me.
But still there's this thing about his paintings which leaves too much doubts in my head.

I sighed and bit my lower lip, worrying about his whereabouts while I'm preparing my patient's medications is not gonna help. I need to concentrate or I might give the wrong dosage.
After writing my nurses notes, I started think about him again.
God, I want the loving Eric back.
What happened? How can I bring him back?
Well, there's no one to blame but myself.
I got to go to him and explain things. He'll believe me, coz I know he trusts in me.
I checked on the time from the wallclock. I still got four hours before I'm off work but I need to get the hell out of there.
I need to explain to him. Quick.
I don't think this can wait till he'll fetch me after work.
I made up my mind.
I'm gonna run into his arms and declare my greatest love to him.
I called the nursing office and informed them I'll leave early from work with no thorough explanation. That's one of the benefits of marrying one of the hospital owners, people don't question your motives. Sorry to say but I had a reason so I'm not guilty of being lazy.
I endorsed my patient and took my things. I didn't change my clothes. I covered myself up with a wrinkled lab coat and got away from there.

***

It took me forever in traffic to reach his office building. It's warying to say this is my first time to see the place.
I actually didn't know where it is located, good thing the taxi driver has a knowledge of it.
Most of the people there looked crisp in their business suits. Even the receptionist looked so elegant that she raised her brow at me when I told her I came to see the owner of the building. Her eyes avidly feast on my person but I ignored her. There's a bigger task I have to do.
I went to the elevator and pushed the top floor button.
Top floor, imagine that?
I an aware that his family owns a shipping company but to be included in an airline company too is too much for me to handle?
He's that rich and his wife is left in the dust. For I have no idea. Nothing at all.
I felt momentarily like a rag doll.
I married a guy you can google and his name is included in wikipedia.
Where am I from? Ithink I'm from planet gaga.
I scanned the massive elevator with my eyes, it describes how many employees they can accomodate in that area alone.
I got a bit dizzy after the elevator ride that I have to collect myself. Wow! That was a long ride.
I walked over to a long hallway looking for a sign at the door with his name on it. This part of his building looks grim and not a sound can be heard.
Did I come at the right office?
Then to my luck I saw a massive desk at the far corner of the hallway. Atleast someone's around.
As I traced the path towards it ,I saw a lady coming out of the door from the wall that opened up automatically. I smiled. That's it!
So that's what I need to look around the house. A secret door.
I grinned and was still grinning as I approached the woman in her mid-forties who is now sitting and answering a phone call.
'Good afternoon, may I speak with Mr. Morisson please?'
She covered the mouthpiece of the phone and gestured that she will entertain me after the call.
So I stood there, awkwardly waiting for her to finish. My eyes roamed around and my! There are five massive paintings around. They are all painted with flourished. My heart started thudding. I know they are his.
But among them, one particular painting caught my attention. I walked towards it and as I got nearer I frowned.
It was a woman sitting in a bench, looking so sad with only the side of her face visible. Actually you can't even recognize her as if the one who drew it just made a rough draft. The background of the painting also is blurred as how the painter wanted it to look like. It was as if he doesn't want anyone to recognize the model of his art or even the location where it was taken. But there is something very familiar with her.
Something that really piqued my interest.
Who can she be?
As I stood there trying to come up with an idea, the woman called my attention.
I went to her and introduced myself.
Her eyes widened. Oh-oh maybe she thought I'm making that up.
'I'm hi-his wife', I said, in a low tone again. Now I sound so unsure of myself. Who would believe a plain-messy looking woman is the wife of a handsome billionaire?
She raised her brow too but atleast she smiled.
'Sorry Mrs. Morisson, I didn't recognize you there'.
'It's fine', I gave her a small smile.
'Does Mr. Morisson knows you're coming?', she continued, 'He's in a meeting right now but you can wait inside for him so you can be comfortable'.
She ushered me inside that magic door and wow! You can guess what I saw inside his office.
And yes there are paintings there too.
One looked like a real family photo but if you'll look closely it is a painting. Eric is very talented. He really captured each of his family's features in that frame.
'Can I offer you refreshments?'
'Just water please'.
'Right away, Ma'am', then she left.
She called me Ma'am? That's new. I'm just nurse Nicolaa but never ma'am at the hospital.
I tucked my hair behind my ear and let my eyes wander around.
Soft carpeted floor, expensive furnitures, I sighed.
Who is this guy I'm married to?
My hands started sweating.
She came back with a bottled water, a glass with ice on a tray.
'Meeting's over. He'll be here in ten minutes', she informed me smiling.
I smiled back and thanked her for her assistance then I was left alone again.

As I sat there, rumagging my bag for a lipgloss, I heard someone giggling flirtatiously from outside the door.
Then I heard his assistant informing him about my presence.
'Mr. Morisson, your wife is here'.
'Wife?' he sounded confused then there was a paused. 'Nicolaa?!', he sounded surprised.
I frowned. As far as I know I'm the only wife he has or does he has another one?! Or maybe he must have forgotten he's taken when he's strutting like a peacock.
'Wife?! When did you got married?', a heavily accented woman spoke.
There was a long paused.
'It's a long story', he said in a bored manner.
My eyes widened in shock while my heart and breathing became erratic.
Long story?!
The door opened instantly.
They both looked gayishly smug and beautiful with their office business suits while I look out of place with my lab coat and scrubsuits.
Who is this tall, blondie?
Then a wild recognition dawned on me.
I feel like I wanted to destroy things.
My eyes huge with accusations, seeped into his way.
Coz damn it!
That's the woman from the internet!