Realization

———AN———
Here's Tweek's perspective from the last chapter
———————

We knew each other since we were children. Back when we played imaginary and I was a barbarian. You helped me paint my stomach. I was laughing so much and you told me to shut it.

I remember how scary you used to be. How scary you used to be before I met you for you.

When we hit middle school, I realized how everyone went into their own groups. Every child I knew from elementary went into their own groups and everyone left me behind.

When high school hit, you started talking to me. At first I was scared. You had a reputation of a not caring about anything and having a "attitude problem".

I asked you one day what you wanted and you said straight forward that you wanted to hang out. It was strange, I haven't hung out with anyone since the last football game we played in grade 5. I agreed even though I was scared and I can't believe I was even scared.

I realized how calm you were and how much of a dork you really were. I realized you were in all the science classes with high grades. I realized how much you despised coffee because it was too bitter.

I realized nobody got to know you and only knew you based on rumours.

We went from doing stupid things like teepeeing Cartmans house to having deep talks after I closed the coffee shop.

I realized you weren't so scary. I realized how you put a wall between you and everyone around you, even with your own family. You wanted to be so inhuman it made you even more human. You were amazing with all your flaws.

That's when I realized we were quickly becoming best friends. I never had friends so the feeling was weird.

I started changing the more I spent time with you. I felt more confident in speaking out and I had less panic attacks. I realized I didn't like being alone.

One night you took me to your favourite spot in all of South Park. The spot was not too far into the woods but just enough so we can watch the stars. The stars were beautiful. You told me about the stars and you said everyone has stardust in them.

I realized that you had so much more stardust in you.

After that day I realized things about you I never thought of. Your nasally voice started to sound so calming. I realized your hat covered the most lovely jet black hair that challenged the night sky. Your small empty eyes weren't empty but full of life that was always searching.

One day you told me you liked boys more than girls. I was so proud you were able to tell me and I told you I kinda did too. I didn't tell you I liked you more than anyone else I've known.

In our junior year, you were all I could think of. Everything reminded me of you. From seeing the colour blue that matched your jacket to the soft clouds reminding me of how you calm me down from panic attacks.

It's like the more we became closer, the more I realized that I jumped over the wall you built. I'm sure nobody has jumped over this wall.

I quickly realized I was falling in love.

This scared me.

We were too young. I was too young.

Prom came and we were so handsome that night. I heard all the girls said they wanted you as prom king. You didn't even stay for two hours. We didn't even stay for two hours.

I told you I was feeling a panic attack and we were out within minutes.

You took me to the stars. You played music as we laid in the grass.

I calmed down and I felt so bad. I apologized and you told me the prom was crappy. I laughed so much. You were you.

A song came on and I started dancing along. I told you we could have our own prom underneath the stars.

That's when you came up to me and we danced. We danced to a slow song with the stars lighting our way.

When the song ended, I felt your soft lips on my cheek.

I realized you loved me as much as I loved you.

You told me I didn't deserve you and I told you I didn't care. I didn't care if I deserved you or not. I went on my tip toes and kissed you slowly.

I didn't care because we were in love.

———AN———
I struggle to write from Tweek's POV because I relate to Craig so much more. Please tell me if you liked this and as always,

Thank you for reading!