Patrick Stump x Reader x Joe Trohman - Emotional Turbulences

Start from the beginning

You quickly took a few steps forward, taking his face in your hands and kissed him. His lips were soft and he was surprised at your reaction, but he kissed back immediately.

When you pulled away, you were both breathing heavily and smiling like idiots.

"We really should get back to the others now," you finally remembered why you were in the trailer anyway, "or they'll start looking for us."

Patrick nodded. "Hey (y/n), we should keep this our little secret, don't you think?"

"I'd like that," you agreed, the idea making you feel excited.

"Great," Patrick beamed. He walked over to the door, holding it open for you. "After you, Milady."

~*~

Patrick had been serious about keeping you two a secret. And at first you loved it. You loved the secret and hurried kisses when no one was looking, the sneaking away together or the nights you spent in each other's' hotel rooms. Every kiss, every touch, every look was a rush of adrenaline and the feeling of doing something forbidden. It was fun, it was so much fun.

But after some time you started to miss things. You wanted to be able to hold his hand, kiss him after finishing a concert, you wanted to cuddle with him at night or kiss his fingertips after hours of practice. But you knew you could not. You had decided to keep your feelings for each other a secret. And while you pretended to be nothing more than friends with Patrick, you realized how Joe started to notice you more and more. At first it was only a few glances, but by now you could always feel his eyes on you. Almost shamelessly he stared at you when he thought you would not notice and it made your hear beat faster and faster every time. Sure you were in a relationship with Patrick, a secret relationship, but a relationship none the less, but that did not mean the feelings you had for Joe before you and Patrick kissed had just disappeared.

It had been a while that you noticed Joe's looks, when the touches stared. It was little touches, a pad on the shoulder, ruffling through your hair, and lingering hugs after a concert. You knew the signs, and they made you feel special. At the same time you felt guilty. You were kissing Patrick but thinking about Joe, and while flirting with Joe you were thinking about Patrick. That was when you started to feel uneasy. Of course Patrick noticed and asked you about it, but you lied and told him it was the stress of the tour getting to you. Joe also noticed and wanted to talk about it, but you told him the same lie you had told Patrick.

Time passed and the end of tour was nearing. You felt tired and exhausted, not only from the amount of work you had to do, but also from your feelings. You were looking forward to get away from the group of guys for some time, this way you could maybe finally concentrate on figuring your feelings out. It felt as if your feelings for Joe were wrong, since you were basically Patrick's girlfriend. But you wondered, if it would have been the other way around, if Joe had been the one to kiss you first, would you have thought your feelings for Patrick were wrong? It was honestly confusing. You just looked forward to a break so you could forget about Joe and concentrate on having a normal relationship with Patrick. Yet you had the feeling something was up with him, it was as if he was slipping away from you, slowly, every day a little bit. You pushed this feeling aside. Maybe it was because of your confused emotions about Joe, you thought, but that did not change anything about your sleepless nights in which you lay awake, worrying about the trouble you would cause if anyone found out about your feelings for the two men. And eventually someone would find out.

~*~

It was the last evening on tour. It was almost time for everyone to go on stage. Patrick and you were the only ones in the dressing room so you took your chance and wrapped your arms around Patrick's neck, tangling your fingers in his short hair and pulling him close, kissing him passionately. But something was wrong; he was not as relaxed or excited as usually. Instead he stiffened at your touch and barely kissed back. When you noticed you pulled back slowly, your eyes scanning his face and just when you were about to ask if he was alright, Pete walked in. Quickly you stepped back from Patrick, making it look as if you had only brushed away some dirt from his jacket.