"My baby."

My cheeks heat up with the highest temperature upon them and I giggle, shaking my head at him.

"Dork. You're a dork, Julian Davis."

He opens his mouth and I quickly interrupt with a smiling eye roll. "Your dork, yeah I know."

He chuckles before pecking my lips. "Exactly."

I am able to spot Gladys' smirk with the corner of my eye.

Consecutively, Wyatt comes running back into the kitchen, with his mother right behind him, the tiniest smile playing on her lips.

She and Julian look a lot alike. The dark hair, the dark caramel eyes, the pink lips, simply everything.

The only difference is that she looks a bit green on the face and her eyes are narrowed, maybe because of the light.

"Emma!" I squeal as I walk towards her to hug her.

She grins, hugging me back with a tight force. "Kylie Johnson. My beautiful Kylie."

"Are you feeling better, mom?" Julian asks as he places his hands on the counter for support, one of his legs bent.

She squints and takes slow steps towards the counter. It's clear that she isn't feeling better. "I only came here to see Kylie."

"Aw, I could have gone to your room—"

"And to get my food," she proceeds, cutting me off.

"I can take it up to your room, mom," Julian intervenes.

He holds her hand and starts guiding her to the door. "Come on. If you're not feeling better than we should go back up."

She shakes her head. "But Kylie is—"

"You can see her l some other time," he says.

She sighs but obediently exits the kitchen after sending me a sad smile.

It took her guts to come to see me whilst being in such state.

Julian returns to the kitchen after a few minutes and decides that we must begin eating without his father because, in all probability, his father will be arriving home late.

The food is incredibly delicious, making it easier to believe that Julian made it.

After eating, Julian and I go up to his bedroom because he says that he has something to show to me. Pff.
I still have the image of his bedroom covered with blue highlights everywhere in my mind. Julian loves the color blue and I remember that his bedroom used to be decorated with that very same color. Bedsheets, pillowcases, curtains, school backpack and much more.

It was ridiculously cute.

"It's different now," I comment after entering his cluttered bedroom.

The prominent color is now white. It does contain other colors, obviously, but it has mainly white.

I turn to face him and smile. "Didn't know you like the color white."

"People change..." He trails off after shrugging.

I raise an eyebrow at him questioningly and he smirks before walking to his art desk. He slips out a bunch of papers from a grey binder and then places the binder back on the desk as if it has no importance in life, whatsoever.

I cross my arms over my chest and slowly walk towards him, trying to understand him.

"...productively," he completes his sentence as he hands me the papers with a quirky smile on his face.