Chapter 1

"You are just a high ranked slut"

"Yeah, a total whore"

"You are such a whore even the beta's son doesn't want anything to do with you"

These words daunted me. I knew they weren't true, but that didn't mean they didn't hurt. Cynthia and her click followed me down the hall, teasing me constantly. For years she had tried to put me down, simply because she wanted the spotlight, and being the alpha's daughter was apparently too much competition for her.

I sped up my pace, hoping she'd be too busy giggling among her friends to notice my retreating form. Once I got to pack class I would be safe, somewhat. Cynthia would still make snide remarks in class, but nothing as bad as when she'd pin me in the bathroom. She would only be decent in pack class because she thought my best friend Sam was cute, and knew that if she was too mean to me in front of him, he'd never talk to her again.

As I turned the corner I ran into the back of a wall, or should I say person who happened to be built like a wall. I looked up and saw my beta, Michael, looking down with a deep scowl on his face.

"Watch where you're going pipsqueak," he told me as he turned back around towards his other friends and left me scrambling on the floor trying to pick everything up before Cynthia came around the corner.

"Wow, I can't believe our supposed future alpha is such a clutz! She doesn't deserve the Alpha title, I bet her dad is gonna give it to Michael." That made my wolf spirit roar inside of me, but I'd already learned when it came to Cynthia, it was best to stay silent, never upstage her.

I gathered my things in my arms, disregarding the disorganized and chaotic state they were now in and began walking to pack class as quickly as I could and avoiding another incident. I walked into class and took my normal seat where I would be surrounded by faces that were actually happy to see me. I waited for a minute for my friends to walk into the classroom, usually, they were always here before me. Finally, I spotted them walking into the classroom looking annoyed. They sat in their usually seats around me but none of them would look at me, they all just stared angrily forward. I leaned towards Sam and asked him, "Hey, what's got all of you in such a bad mood?"

He turned to look at me and looked at me in disgust, "don't talk to me you disgusting skank, I don't wanna get whatever it is you have."

I leaned back into my chair, aghast at what my best friend just said to me. Could it be true? Could he actually think that of me?

"Stay away from me you ugly bitch, I don't want your disease either!" I flipped around in my seat to see Alex, my other best friend, leaning as far away from me as possible with a scrunched up nose and lips pulled down into a frown.

"Why are you saying these things, you're my friends," I said in disbelief as tears began to prick at my eyes.

"Friends? Hardly! We wouldn't be caught withing a ten-mile radius of you if we had the choice!" Alex spat out at me.

"Don't ever call us your friends again, I don't want people to think I ever got close enough to you that you could talk to me!" Sam sneered at me.

I could hear the scorn in all their voices as the hot tears rushed down my face before their queen walked in to hit me with the final blow.

"Why don't you just kill yourself now and save everyone from the atrocity that is called Sydney Harrison!"

I shot up from my bed as my eyes flew wide open. I breathed heavily as my heart pumped at a million miles an hour and my entire body was covered in a layer of sweat. I clutched the sheets at my sides and shut my eyes tightly. It was just a nightmare. Just a nightmare. My friends would never do that to me. I can't say as much about Cynthia.