Chapter 45

You were bored out of your mind. There was nothing to do. All you've been doing was either sitting and thinking, or watching the outside world from a small view and thinking.

You really couldn't walk in your cell, just pace since the chain was only a few feet long. Not to mention that you were beyond worried, constantly thinking about Midnight, Hiccup, the gang, and everyone else. You knew that they would get worried if you didn't show up soon, thus making them go and search for you.

What worried you was that if you did die and rot in this cell, Dagon would keep his word and go after everyone and destroy Berk. You couldn't let that happen, not after what Drago did to your village.

You did sometimes wonder what would've happened if your parents were still alive and your village was still standing. Would you have ever met Midnight that night where your mother set you off to run? Or beyond that night? Would you found someone else to love instead of Hiccup? Would you even leave the village to go out and explore? Would you ever become chief?

Chief.

If you ever became one, would you ever met Hiccup at a chief meeting?

These questions and thoughts kept swirling through your mind constantly. You needed a distraction, because if you weren't distracted, you would lose it.

You were laying on the hay, throwing a small rock up into the air and catching. Over and over, you repeated this for a long time before your arm had grown tired and your mind began to swirl your thoughts once more.

You then had put the rock down, looking to the right to see that the guard still hasn't moved. Of course he hasn't moved!

You then sat up, leaning against the wall. "So," You started, not really knowing how to start really, "...Care to tell me your name?" He was quiet. "Oh, not much of a talker. I see, more of the listening type?" You asked, getting no response. "Okay, so this is obviously going no where--"

"Why do you keep talking?" The guard ask.

"I'm bored over here! I have nothing else to do but talk! You try being locked up in a cell." You huffed, as the guard went silent once more.

You then had stood up and looked out the window, watching the waves crashing from a distance. You stood there for awhile, just watching and mulling over your thoughts once more. Now you knew how it felt when dragons were in cages. You felt bad for them. You felt as if you were a dragon being locked up.

"Arlo."

You turned around, furrowing your eyebrows. "What?"

"You heard me. I ain't saying it again."

You continued to look at him. He was facing away from you of course. He didn't have to tell you his name, or speak to you for that matter, but he did. He was cold, he had a hard and rough exterior, but maybe he wasn't that cold.

~~~~~

"Any sign of them?" Toothless rumbled, looking up at Cloudjumper.

"No. Haven't seen anything since they left." Cloudjumper glanced down at Toothless.

Toothless gave a nod as he moved off the porch. Toothless was growing worried that you both haven't returned, especially Midnight since she'll be delivering the eggs soon. Toothless kept his calm, not wanting to worry or stress Hiccup more than he already was.

Toothless laid his head on his paws as Hiccup sat next to him. "What's wrong, bud?"

Toothless blinked tiredly. "I'm worried, tired."

Hiccup sighed through his nose as he ran his hand through his hair.

"I know you're worried but they wouldn't just leave. [Name] must know about the younglings by now, she wouldn't keep Midnight and I seperated, nonetheless stay away from you. They'll come back." Toothless nudged Hiccup's hand in comfort.

"The question is just when?" Hiccup sighed, running a hand down his face.