Chapter 23

A few days later...

As the sun decended down below the horizon, you and the gang ate at the Great Hall, as Hiccup attended to one of his late meetings.

"So how did last night go? You know with Ruffnut." You asked Eret, taking a sip of your water.

"Oh, well she tried to cling onto me as usual, she flirted a bit but nothing much." Eret explained shrugging.

"Well that's good I guess." You shrugged. "But at least she's not as clingly as before, so you got to give her that."

"I suppose you're right." He nodded, looking at the end of the table where Ruff and Tuff were talking.

"I think you should giver her a chance." You stated, as you took a bite of your food.

"What?" Eret asked in bewilderment.

You shrugged once more. "Give her a chance. I mean in my opinion, she's calmed down a lot from what I heard when she first met you."

"Are you insane?!" Eret hissed, keeping his voice low.

You rolled your eyes. "Look, it's not like I'm asking you to marry the girl. Just give her a chance, and if you don't like how it's going than drop the whole thing. Plus, she might even surprise you."

You brought your cup to your lips as Eret spoke. "Okay, fine. But what about you Mrs. Haddock?"

"Excuse me? We've been together for six months, if you forgotten." You informed him.

"Oh, I haven't forgotten. I'm talking about marriage." He smirked.

"Marriage? Are you insane?!" You hissed.

"Just give him a chance, and if you don't like it how it's going than drop the whole thing. Plus, he might even surprise you." He smiled smugly, using your words agaisnt you.

"Oh, you think you're funny." You laughed dryly.

"I do." He grinned.

"We've been together for six months, Ferret. Don't you think that, oh, I don't know, that it's a little early for that?!" You asked, kicking his shin from under the table.

"Ow! Well you both act like you've know each other your whole lives and you both are practically the same person." Eret explained, rubbing his shin.

"That doesn't mean anything! It's too early, way too early." You hissed.

"Not in my book." Eret mumbled under his breath as you kicked him again. "Ow! Will you knock it off!"

"Not until you knock some common sense back in that brain of yours." You stated, smiling slightly as Eret rolled his eyes.

"Hey, guys." Hiccup greeted, startling you, which made you kick Eret's shin once more, causing him to grunt in pain.

"That was a total accident! I'm so sorry." You apologized, as Eret waved you off.

"No worries." He whinced.

"Anyway, sorry I'm late. The meeting was longer than expected." Hiccup apologized, as he sat next to you.

"It's fine." You smiled.

Astrid, who was sitting on Eret's right, turned her attention away from Fishlegs and onto Hiccup. "Hiccup, the past few days the dragons have been acting up. If we can't tame them soon, something bad may happen."

Hiccup sighed as you spoke. "We'll figure something out, don't worry too much. Let's just do our shifts tonight, and tomorrow we'll figure things out. I don't think the drgons will act up tonight."

"[Name]'s right. We'll think of something." Eret agreed.

You then turned to Hiccup, who seemed to be in a bit of a daze. "You alright?"

Hiccup smiled slightly. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."

You gave a nod. You were unconviced but you let it slide. Maybe he was just tired, but you were over thinking it. You then turned towards Astrid. "When your shift is over, come by the house, okay?"

"Yes ma'am."