Chapter 5

"So, care to tell me how you found me? I know you just didn't find me by luck," you smiled, as you turned your head to look at Hiccup.

You both were flying side by side as you headed back to Berk.

Hiccup shrugged his shoulders, a smirk sketched onto his lips, "I guess you can say a little birdie told me."

"It was Eret, wasn't it?" you asked, as Hiccup shrugged again, "Hiccup!"

He couldn't help but laugh, "Okay, okay. Maybe it was, but I assumed you were here because I know how much you love Itchy Armpit."

"I do, it's a very beautiful island," you replied, as you gave Midnight a pat on the side.

"Not as beautiful as you," Hiccup stated.

You rolled your eyes playfully, "You're so cheesy."

"Only for you mi'lady," he winked.

Your cheeks flushed slightly as you sat more upright, squaring your shoulders.

"Okay, stable boy. How about a race? Lets see who could reach the fastest to Berk," you challenged.

Hiccup also squared his shoulders, as he flipped his helmet down, "You sure you wanna go against the Dragon Master?"

"Please," you smirked, also flipping your helmet down, "I can beat you any day."

You then looked forward, leaning forward slightly, gripping the saddle tightly, as Hiccup copied your actions.

"On three!" you exclaimed, "One...two...three!"

Midnight and Toothless then shot forward at top speed, trying to do out one another. Then, Toothless shot a plasma blast, causing Midnight to automatically slow down.

"Cheater!" you exclaimed, as you heard Hiccup's muffled laughter.

You huffed in annoyance, as you bent forward slightly once more, whispering into Midnight's ear.

"Fly up and disapper."

She nodded as she flew upwards, getting lost in the clouds. Hiccup looked back, seeing that you weren't behind him. He then looked around, trying to find any sign of where you might be.

After telling Midnight your plan, you jumped onto the saddle, keeping your balance as you bent your knees slightly. After a few moments you stood up straight, running and jumping off the saddle, pulling the lever on your leg, causing your wings to spread out. You then swooped down, flying besides Hiccup.

Hiccup looked at you for a moment, before doing a double look, seeing that you were actually flying beside him. As you pressed the button on your chest to make the back fin pop out, Toothless scanned the sky, looking for Midnight, knowing she was close by.

Midnight though, was flying behind. As she flew underneath Toothless, you angled yourself to fly in front of Toothless, causing him to slow down slightly. Without warning, Midnight flew upwards, causing Toothless to slow automatically so he wouldn't collied into Midnight.

Midnight flew directly under you, making you sit in the saddle. Once you sat securely on the saddle, you blew a kiss towards Hiccup, before turning forward as you and Midnight sped forwards.

Hiccup sat dumbfounded. Toothless took notice in his rider's behavior, so Toothless tilted his head, slapping Hiccup with his ear. Trying to snap Hiccup out of his daze.

Hiccup shook his head, focussing on what was going on as Toothless grumbled.

"Okay, okay. Lets do this bud," Hiccup breathed, as he bent forward slightly once more, as Toothless shot forward.

You then noticed that Berk was coming into view. You smirked as you gripped the saddle more tightly. You then glanced back, noticing that Hiccup and Toothless were gaining speed. You knew that Hiccup was a very determind person, and would do anything to win.

"C'mon, Midnight faster!" you exclaimed, as Midnight flapped her wings harder, trying to enhance her speed.

As you flew closer to Berk, you could make out figures on the docks, seeing that it was the gang.

"Docks Midnight!" you commanded, turning slightly to look at Hiccup, "Docks!"

Hiccup gave a firm nod, now knowing where the finish line was. You and Hiccup played fairly (most of the time), now it was just a matter of time to see who would win the race.