Chapter 6: The Girl Next Door

Becky's POV
I reached down under my bed. I pulled out a cardboard shoe box,I lifted the lid, and pulled out some photos, they were pictures of Adam. He was acting weird before he disappeared
One month earlier (Flashback)
I decided to go to the mall, after all I did need a change I was going up the escalator to where all the clothing stores. since I was waiting to get to the top I decided to look at my surroundings and I saw him the love of my life waiting in line for Burger King. Since I wasn't that far up so i decided to yell "Hey! Adam!" he looked up for a quick second and quickly turned around then ran off. "I don't know what's going on with Adam lately, it's like one day he's happy and the next he's freaking out." I thought to myself. I decided I to cut my shopping trip short and follow Adam.
I ran out the door that I saw Adam run out of, I saw him getting into a van but I saw a piece of paper fall out of his back pocket. When the van drove away I ran across the street and picked up the paper is read " 7, 26, 18, 5" I had no clue what that meant. But after that happened I started following him and taking pictures something was going on.
Flashback over
I looked at the pictures and sighed, "I wonder what happened to Adam" I picked up my phone and called Jack, it rang 6 times before he answered,
"Hey" he said "Hi, I was wondering if we could talk can I meet you and Alex at your place?" I said "I guess" he answered "I'll see you in 20 minutes"
Alex's POV
I was sitting on my couch watching Netflix and eating popcorn when I got a text from Jack
"Meeting at my place in 20 minutes"
"Ok" I answered, I really wanted to study today for my big test coming up in 5 weeks. I always liked getting ahead of things. I picked up my bag and called an Uber, and walked down the hall.
Jacks POV (20 minutes later)
I was sitting on the couch on my phone playing angry birds, when all of a sudden I hear someone knock at the door I quickly got up from the couch where I was sitting and walked to the hallway where the front door is and unlocked it. It was just Alex and becky for our emergency meeting. We all sat on the couch "Why did you want us all here?" Alex said. "It's hard to explain, and I don't even know where to start" Alex and I both looked at each other, then we both looked at Becky and in that moment her face and eyes showed no feelings.

She got up and pulled her phone out and said "I gotta go I forgot I have something to do" "Are you okay?" Alex said as getting up and walking over to the door where she was standing with her backpack "Yes bye" she said

She got up and pulled her phone out and said "I gotta go I forgot I have something to do" "Are you okay?" Alex said as getting up and walking over to the door where she was standing with her backpack "Yes bye" she said. "What the fuck" I said as looking at Alex, "I have no clue man."