Chapter 15

Floyd

I woke up in the hospital in the bed once again. I feel calmer and my arms are not restrained anymore. I looked up and saw my mother crying beside my bed.

"M...mom?" She looked up at me. "Are you okay?"She sniffles and placed her hand over mine.

"There's some things I got to tell you, please don't lash out. Okay?" I nodded feeling a lot better than before. She nodded. "First things first, you were diagnosed with IED, Intermitted Explosive Disorder and depression. They gave you some pills to you while you slept so you should feel calmer and better a little bit." She stopped and I had a feeling that wasn't it though.

"Momma, What is it?" She began to cry again.

"When y...you got here. Brandi felt guilty and felt that it was his fault you were here. He went back to the trailer park, where his mom is and..." she sniffled and took a deep breath. "She tried to kill him, Floyd. Three stab wounds and a vodka bottle to his head." I felt tears arise in my eyes. "He's in the hospital right now in surgery. His dad will give us an update when he gets it." What?

"H...His dad?" She smiled sadly and nodded.

"Yep, his dad was not a one night stand. His mom was dating him. He actually has a twin too. The twin and him are close but the funny thing is that they have absolutely no idea they're related. At all. His dad raised his twin and you know how Brandi grew up." I feel like I missed so much. "When Brandi told his friends dad which he did not know was his, the guy worked for custody on the boy and arresting the mother for abuse and Child neglection. When they got there though, his dad was the one to find Brandi. He had energy left but instead of finding help..." she took a jagged breath. "He wrote one letter to all his friends and family and one letter..." she burst out crying again and shook her head as she handed me a bloody note. Oh god! I sniffled and opened it with my shaky hands and read,

ᖴᒪOYᗪ,
ᑌ ᕼᗩᐯE ᗷEEᑎ TᕼE ᒪIGᕼT Iᑎ ᗰY ᗪᗩᖇKᑎEᔕᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ Iᗰ ᔕOᖇᖇY 4 TᕼE ᕼEᒪᒪ I'ᐯE ᑭᑌT ᑌ Tᕼᖇᑌ. I ᗯᗩᑎT ᑌ 2 KᑎOᗯ, I, ᗷᖇᗩᑎᗪI ᗪOE, ᒪᐯ ᑌ ᖴᒪOYᗪ ᕼᗩYEᔕ. Iᒪᒪ ᒪᐯ ᑌ 4EᐯEᖇ!

ᗷᖇᗩᑎ

He didn't even get to finish the note and a blood dote sat right beside the N of his name. I felt so happy and sad all at the same time. Happy because he loves me and sad because I might not be able to see him again. I curled up in a ball and cried. Cried for Brandi, cried for me and cried for everything I've ever wanted to cry for. My mom left and came back with my father. He gave a sad smile.

"You just got discharged and we can go to the waiting room with Tip and everyone else. If you want?" I didn't trust myself to speak without breaking down so I only nodded.

We walked out of the room and wandered to the hospital waiting room. When we got there, it was not only his friends and family there, it was the whole club and a lot of kids from school. I hid behind my dad so not many could see my tear stained cheeks. When we sat down I turned to see my dad with tears in his eyes. I then looked around the room and saw probably the scariest guys you'll ever meet with tears running down their faces. I never realized how much Brandi had affected us all.

My mom wandered towards a man that Ryker was passed out against and my mother began talking and then he nodded. As my mother wandered back, the man shook Ryker awake and ruffled his hair, simply asked him a question, got up, grabbed Tip and they all wandered to a more private place. By the looks of it, I could tell that was the man my mother spoke of and Ryker was the unknown twin. I curled up in a ball on my chair and silently cried myself to sleep.

—————————
Ryker

I woke up to my dad shaking me awake. I looked up.

"Did something happen?" I asked rubbing my dry eyes. My dad shook his head. Then looked to Tip, then back at me.

"Can we go talk somewhere private?" I nodded and he ruffled my hair and wandered into the hallway, grabbing Tip on the way.

He stopped and pushed me down into a lone chair. "There's something we have to tell you." What would my dad and Tip want to talk about? I shrugged. He took a deep breath. "You know the twin brother I had told you about?" I nodded. Where is this going? "I'll explain but that brother..." he began to cry. "Th...That brother is Brandi and Tips your half brother." I began to cry harder than before now that I know that I, not only am close to losing a good friend but close to loosing a brother too. "I dated this woman, who had a little boy, which ended with her pregnant with twins, you and Brandi. We didn't work out so I took you and she took him. A few months ago, i saw his mother at a bar and she asked if we can try again, for you guys. So we went to her house which resulted in her trying to take me to her room." He took a deep breath before continuing. "He came out of his room and I panicked when I saw him, and I ran. A few weeks later, he came home with you. I saw him and I froze. He started explaining a little bit of why he was there and I began to work behind the scenes of getting custody." He sniffled as tears poured down his face. "When he went missing we knew it had something to do with her, I just had this feeling. So we went to the trailer and we found Brandi bleeding to death in his room." I let out an ugly sob. "When his last thoughts went not only to his friends but to you too, my heart hurt. He had no clue he was your brother but he felt the bond that only brothers could have. I love both you and him. So Tip and I decided that when Brandi gets out, custody goes to me." I wanted to cry in happiness and cry in sadness and it came out like this awkward noise that if I did it any other time, I would've been embarrassed but with everything happening, now was not the time to feel embarrassed.

I really hope Brandi makes it out of this.

(A/N~ Dun Dun Dunnnn! 😩 Dont forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!)