Chapter 14: Hospitalized EDITED

Matt's POV

I was in the middle of filming with my new companion, Jenna Coleman. She's nice and I love her (as a sister) and I have passed down the knowledge of kitchen raiding!

Suddenly, Lauren Miller, one of the make up artists ran forward with my phone.

"Matt, someone from the hospital is saying Levi Rodgers is hospitalized." She explained.

Everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at me. We all remember Levi. She was fun to act with and work with. Always being the rebel who still followed some rules.

"Give me the phone." I said.

She gave me the phone and everyone kept quiet.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Yes, Miss Levi Rodgers is in her last days and wants you Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill to come." A nurse said.

"Her last days? When was she hospitalized?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Two weeks ago." She replied. "I have to go. There are other people I have to call for her."

"Okay. Tell her we'll come." I said.

I hung my head low, painfully wishing that Levi got everything she wanted to get and whatever she wanted to do.

Jenna carefully approached me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Matt? What was that?" Jenna asked. She doesn't know. I should tell her.

"Remember the Christmas Special?" She nodded. "Levi Rodgers is now in her last days."

"Oh. I'm sorry." Jenna said. "If I could do anything, I would do something."

"Thanks, Jenna."

"Steven? Can I go visit her?" I pleaded. "Please?"

"Of course." Steven said.

An hour later, I was in the Hospital and found her room.

"Levi?" I entered her roomand she was there, smiling at me like it was nothing.

"Hi..." She croaked.

She looked so sickly. She was all bones. How could someone's health detoriate this fast? It's just been three months from our last meeting.

Her dark locks of hair was clean shaven and her usual blue sparkling eyes were a bit dull.

"Hi Levi. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She said.

"We came as soon as we heard!"

Karen and Arthur came in, still avoiding

"I'm not... dying... yet." She whispered.

Karen and Arthur's expression was pure sadness for Levi.

"Hey. Don't speak too much. Just rest." I said, my eyes brimming with tears.

"No. I will speak." She said stubbornly. "It... it's my last days... anyways."

I rolled my eyes and kissed her forehead. Still the stubborn Levi I knew.

"I think your family is here. We'll go out." Arthur said.

We all went out with heavy spirits as her family came in with even sadder faces.

Her brother stopped in front of me with curious eyes.

"Why is Levi in there?" He asked.

"Because she's sick. You can't go in there, can't you?" I asked.

"They said only grown ups can go in. It's not fair." He said.

"Well, I think it's so you won't get sick." I said. But I knew the truth. It's because they didn't want him to see Levi and vice versa. It would be too painfull.

"Are you Levi's brother?" Karen asked.

"Wow! She did meet you! I thought she was lying." Chrissy said.

"Nah. We did meet." Arthur said.

We kept Chrissy busy while her parents were in the room. We led him away once we heard shouting and fighting so he wouldn't be worried.

When it was late, everybody left except me. I was staying with her even if it was against the rules.

"So, what do you do now?" I asked.

"I sleep and watch." She said. "Like Doctor Who and Sherlock and some American show about... Angels and Demons."

"What did you do when you travelled?" I asked.

"I met more people... I saw Machu Pichu, I ate maple desserts." I chuckled when I recieved lots of Canadian food from Levi. "I went to Australia."

"Did you see Kangaroos?" I asked.

"Lots in the... not city parts." I laughed at her choice of words.

"Koalas! They were so cute." She whispered. "But they're actually mean, the wild ones."

"I wish I could see it." I said.

"I wish I remember everything." She said. "I... I forgot some."

The she fell asleep.

Huh? She forgot?

I walked out and saw a passing nurse.

"Hello? I was wondering if I could ask." I said.

"Oh sure." He said.

"Levi Rodgers. Does she only have heart cancer?" I asked.

"Levi? Hasn't she told you?" He asked. "He has turbociolosis. And we're doing another scan. It may be a possibility her immune system isn't working."

"What?" I asked, my heart sinking.

"That's why she's not getting any better." He said. "She can't fight all the viruses going in her. She has to keep taking pills and they aren't much of help."

"Oh... I..." I was for a loss of words. I couldn't even tell the lad thank you.

"You must be her close friend, Matt Smith from Doctor Who." He said. "She always talks about you."

"Really? We were and still are close." I said.

"Word of advice, mate. Better say it before it's too late mate. She's been waiting." He walked away and checked in other patients and that left me confused.

What was she waiting for me to say?

EDITED: 12/15/14