Chapter 11: Sadness EDITED

Chapter 11: Sadness

Levi's POV

I woke up at certain points of time, remembering all of it.

The first was Karen screaming at the Doctor while Matt and Arthur were trying to calm her down.

"What do you mean she's going to die!?" She screamed. "We have the latest technology yet you can't save a stage three cancer patient!?"

"Karen calm down." Arthur said.

"She wouldn't like it." Matt said.

Then I slipped to unconciousness. The second time was when Matt was the only one there and he was bringing in get well soon ballons and teddy bears.

The third was my mom crying and my dad comforting her. I wish I could tell them I would be fine.

The next one was my 'lil brother watching over me with sad eyes.

When I was fully awake, it was the middle of the night and Matt was sleeping at the chairs.

"Matt?" I said.

"Huh?" He looked at me and jumped to my side.

"Levi! You're awake!" He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, you see- don't freak out out or anything but," Matt took a deep breath. "You have stage three heart cancer."

"Okay." I said.

"What? You're not even panicking?" Matt asked.

"You said not freak out. So I didn't." I said. "I want to but it won't really help, would it?"

Matt smiled sadly at me and silence engulfed us. It was comfortable but I wish we were talking.

"How are you feeling?" Matt asked quietly.

"Weak. Heart weaker. And I have a craving for muffins." I said.

We both laughed and eased up from the tension.

"You have to be hungry! I'll get you food and muffins!" Matt did a silly dance before shutting the door after him.

"Oh Matt..." I smiled but I felt terrible.

My life was crashing down and it was just hanging by a thread. I was fighting inside but I felt that I was losing. But something was keeping me going. Something that makes me think that I'll be fine and get out of this.

Matt came back with a bowl of chicken soup, two chocolate muffins and a cup of lemonade.

"Hey there Leviosa!" He said.

"Your Harry Potter reference." I chuckled.

"I've been reading the books while you were knocked out." He said.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Two weeks more or less." Matt shrugged.

"That's why I'm sooooo hungry. I would kill to eat." Matt backed away and laughed nervously under my gaze.

"Oh! Your parents are here with your 'lil brother." Matt said.

"Yah. I sometimes wake up and I see my parents, you sleeping, you with my brother amd Karen screaming her head off at the Doctor." I laughed.

"Me and Arthur were so scared. She was like... like..." Matt was thinking of how to describe her.

"Amy Pond?" I suggested.

"Yah! She was like Amy Pond! It took her ten minutes to cool down." Matt said happily.

"Where are they anyways?" I asked.

"Karen and Arthur are back at the hotel and your parents are with them." Matt said.

"Oh. Okay." I said.

Matt's POV

After she ate her muffun and drank all her lemonade, she snuggled up to the covers and slept.

I watched her, determined to memorize every feature of her. I want to know her better in a year. I want to make her last year as memorable as possible. I was going to do that.

"Levi, I promise I will make your last year the most memorable." I whispered.

A/N: Drama, drama, drama. Can there be more drama? Yes there can!

I think there'll be two chapters left and a two part epilogue. It depends on the plot.

Feels on the way,

Fire

EDITED:12/15/14