★Chapitre : Trente•Sept★

Start from the beginning

I shook my head in agreement with her. She was becoming my other half, slowly but surely. My guess was that she wanted to discern for herself the dealers. Getting rid of the onces she did not perceive as truthful.

A doctor finally came out of the operating room taking off his face guard. "Midas is stable and should be awake soon. The bullet missed his heart by a few inches barley grazing his lungs. He should be back to normal soon enough." He smiled and walked away not before he bowed to me and Arden.

I inhaled deeply relaxing my body from being so tense. Arden looked like she was doing the same. The others were man watching Rebecca. I made the quick call bringing them up to speed.

"Tell them do not touch her. She isn't part of the family so her death will be by one hand....mine." Arden said.

"Don't you think Midas should be doing that?" she raised an eyebrow at me and smirked.

"He will be down for a while and she disrespected my mother by doing what she did."

"Ok I will tell them." I kissed her cheek and got up to go into Midas' room.

Arden

Rebecca shocked me. The last time I saw her she probably could not tell where her fingers and toes were. Something was very suspicious about what she did.

So many questions plagued my mind. The funeral was by invitation only. But how did she know where we were? No one else seemed to realize how weird all this was. It was so uncouth because only our family and dad's gang was at the cemetery.

She could not have done this by herself. Someone had to have helped her or at least told her where we were. The question was who?

I was planning on finding out. Blue and Darius were on guard watching her right this minute.

Niko stood watching me like he usually did when I was at work. His mind looked as far as mine so I walked across to him kissing his lips to gain his attention. His arms encircled me, hands dropping onto my ass.

"What's on your mind?" I asked my eyes searching his.

"I don't know, something is so fucking off about what happened." He let out. I felt my hair pulling a bit and I knew he was playing with the end of it.

"Yeah, I was thinking she couldn't have known all this by herself. Someone must have helped her."

"Arden the amount of enemies I have is uncountable. The thing is none of them will cross me. They know I will find them and after that their wish will be for a speedy death." I kissed his neck and held his hand for him to follow me.

"So we are going to find out. All I want you to do is observe. Let me take the lead on the interrogation." I looked at him and he nodded his head to say 'Yes'.

We made our way to the Stairs Of Hell, thats what I like to call it since only torture and death is a frequent occurrence.

I flipped the light on and a perfectly bruised  free Rebecca sat ducked taped to a leathered chair. Niko stood to the far corner of the room. While I slapped her a little to wake her up.

Her eyes turned into large plates at the sight of me. "Ah so you remember me. The last time I saw you before all this mess, was in the toilet of the casino. But now you look totally clean." She nodded her head and I removed the duck tape from her mouth. She gave a small grunt as it came off.

"I am clean." Surprising enough, she looked calm.

"Rebecca how did you know that we will be at the South Rebel Cemetery?"  I stood up and folded my arms over my small chest.