★Chapitre : Dix-Neuf★

Long chapter enjoy people♥

*******

We make ourselves better when shit happens. We learn, improve and move on. Making sure that the next time we are untouchable.

Arden (Three months later)

"Come on bitch get up your fighting Midas today so let's go," Astrid shouted at me waking me up from my sleep.

I was exhausted.

My muscles ached from all the hits I had been receiving, on the daily. My knuckles jelly, from punching different hard surfaces. On top of that, I had a vigorous exercise routine so my body was figuratively crying for me to take a break.

My training began the next day, Niko almost killed me with his eyes. He kept glaring hard at me. I never wanted to feel helpless or hopeless ever again. I realized that my fucking 'Kick em in the balls' trick was not going to cut it in this messed up life full of trained assassins.

I pushed myself harder and harder each and every day. Astrid kicked my ass more times than I could count in the first two months. Now I had to fight that asswipe Midas. He would be the first one other than Astrid I would be fighting.

I hated that guy.

I wasn't a pussy to give up and shy away because of what happened. Of course, I tried to stay the hell away from Nikolaos and it helped that I didn't see him since. Kyra told me he went Columbia to check on his invested business he had there.

Bad part of this was I missed his presence.

Getting off my bed, I took a quick shower, throw on a sports bra and leggings and I jogged down all the way to gym.

There standing before me is a half-naked Midas. He is doing all kinds of fancy foot-work and flips. Astrid gestures for me to join him in the boxing ring and so I do.

"Ok, hurt each other as much as possible. No worries Arden your pretty face will heal." She said a playful tone in her voice.

I had gotten better at fighting. Actually, I kicked Astrid's ass just a week ago. But she bruised me up pretty bad as well. I won when I kneed her in the face resulting in her knocking out, just for a second though. She had a high tolerance for pain.

Astrid stretched out my limbs pushing it to its limits to expand my flexibility. 'A split may just save your damn life.' She believed that what we do can either save you or eventually kill you. I had to learn all the flips and cartwheels in half the time. Thank heavens for my previous gang for teaching me the basics.

Midas smirks at me and I get into position. If he thinks I am losing to him. He better think again. I already beat him once, I can and will do it again. Thanks to my hard word, my balls are now bigger than his. "Pay back is a bitch Arden. " his voice taunts me.