★Chapter : Three★

Arden

"What are you doing? "

I slowly turn around to the deep, gruff voice thats behind me and end up facing four very tall shadows. The darkness of the alley hiding their features which makes them more fierce-looking and scary.

"Elle' a tout it." (She was spying on us). The one to the left said in a language I definitely did not understand. "What are you doing here?" One of them inquires. I was fucking spying on them. I'm sure as heck, not going to sell myself out.

"I was smoking, can't you smell it?" I tell them trying to keep my voice steady and even. I grew up with scary men, they were nothing different, they just happen to be in suits. One of the four men steps into the light and walks right up to me invading my personal space and inhaling the air around me.

His features become a bit clearer. Dark hair, a strongly built face, and brown chestnut eyes. He steps even closer leaning down so he can meet my eye level, then he leans even further so he can sniff my neck. My breath hitches and my stomach knots. He smells like cologne and gunpowder.

"(She is right, but she's lying. We'll take her, it'll be a treat for the boss.)"

He says whatever he says smiling at me and so I smile back playing along. Okay, time to exit. I had an odd feeling in my stomach about what he just said. So I run.

Bad fucking idea. Of course, they run after me and the only way out is through the casino. The four giants are blocking the only entrance out of the alley.

Dashing to the door of the casino my hand reaches for the handle, opening it only for it to close again. A hand slamming into it with so much force it lifts pieces of my hair off my shoulders.

"Why in such a hurry blondie?" They all laugh and encircle me. Trapping me in a bodied jail with no way out. I'm not usually scared of people but these guys may actually get me to pee myself.

I could fight but that will be a losing battle. Four strong tall men stand around me and I  surrender. Fighting is not an option, neither is begging them. Should have just stayed in a corner and smoke my weed instead of being nosey.

Fuck it.

I bring my knee up and connect it with the one in front of me nut's sack. Going down with a grunt he makes an opening for me to run.

Making it out the alley I bolt down the street. Why is the street always vacant when you needed help? I feel a surge of energy invade my system. Adrenaline.

I peek behind me to see if anyone is chasing me. To my surprise, no one was. I slow down to a stop, to take a breather putting my hands on my knees and taking deep breaths.

Do you know how fucking hard it is to run after smoking?

Turning around to look in front of me I'm met head-on with a chest. His arms immediately going around my waist. "PUT ME DOWN ASSHOLE!!!" screaming at the top of my voice, I fight him.

He puts his filthy hand around my mouth to try and quiet my screams. I kick my feet back to kick him and I claw at his face but he shows no signs that I even cause pain.

Hoisting me off the ground he walks back to the alley. "You got her, good let's go," One said coming closer to me "You're feisty... Nikolaos will love that." He claims and my fighting stops with the look he has in his eyes. Deadly.

Shit. The alarms in my head are going off so fucking loud right now. They throw a bag over my head, tie my hands, and put me in the trunk of their car. A bit excessive since I couldn't see shit through the bag. I'm royally fucked.

Well done Arden.

No no-no-no. I can't be taken. My mom. Who is going to take care of her if am gone? She will think I ran away. Tears prick at my eyes. I feel completely helpless. My tough girl act finally crumbling like a fucking biscuit. But I will not give those bitches the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

Whoever Nick- whatever his name is, is gonna get one hell of a girl. I'm determined that within myself he will not break me.

Never Ever.

My mind was made up, if I die, then I die but not before a fight.

☆☆☆☆☆