Chapter 11: No Lumbar Support

Molly and Melanie switched seats when Molly exceeded the speed limit.

"Scumbag. Sorry, Molly. You should have grabbed me sooner, I would have beaten his ass," Melanie said, shaking her head after Molly explained what happened to her and Ricky. "Did you beat his ass?"

"No. I can't believe I was this close to hooking up with him." Molly admitted, Melanie looked at her shocked but kept her mouth shut. The girls were in line at a motel after driving off. Melanie had to drive when Molly exceeded the speed limit in anger. Molly had to calm down, she was shaking. Her throat was tight. When she calmed down, Melanie spotted the Motel.

Two people in front of them as they waited to be next. The receptionist smiled, giving the man and woman their keys.

"Hello, room for one?" the woman asked in a chipper tone. Her name tag read Blair.

"Two actually, just for tonight," Molly replied.

"Room 43."

"Is there a minibar in the room?" Melanie asked.

"Mel, you're not drinking."

"It's for me to sleep, and you," Melanie smirked, Molly shook her head, knowing she's not a big drinker but they are alternating driving tomorrow morning and she didn't want her having a hangover when it's her turn to drive. Arriving in the room, it looked comfy enough. Melanie's first instinct was to go jump on the bed for softness, she didn't bounce back. She laid on her back, rocking from side to side. She groaned.

"This bed sucks," Melanie grimaced. "No lumbar support."

"Relax. It's just for tonight, we'll be on the road in the morning," Molly reassured her.

"I'm gonna feel this in my back tomorrow," Melanie growled.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Molly responded, flopping right on the bed. She felt the bed, mentally agreeing with Melanie about the too-firm bed.

"What are you gonna do about Cole?" Melanie asked with raised eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"Are we ending this trip early? It was your idea, you can end it if you want to."

"Molly shook my head with sadness, feeling the tears well up in her eyes again. The events of earlier and almost seeing Cole, she wanted to go back. She was ready to let her best friend know the trip was over, but despite the derails, she was having fun.

"I want to, but I shouldn't let Cole or Ricky get to me. We can just site see," Molly suggested.

"Sounds good," Melanie nodded. Molly needed this trip. Sidetracking and distractions, not a good thing. As she lied on the pillow, refusing to cry over him. He messed up everything. This was their plan to see each other for spring break. The original plan was to head to Florida.

"Okay, I know it sucks that we're going to different schools, but I have a plan," Cole started while the couple cuddled on his bed. Just graduated from high school, they opened their letters from university, Cole got into Penn State University and Molly Frostburg University. Molly planned for Frostburg since freshman year. She wasn't changing her mind. They argued back and forth until they agreed to long distance. Both supporting each other of their choices but still sucked that they wouldn't see each other every day.

"What's the plan, o great bf?" Molly asked while playing with his fingers, entwined with hers.

"I was thinking of a road trip to Florida."

"Florida?"

"For spring break, just you and me for ten days."

"While other girls come near you and their seduction tricks."

"Don't be insecure; I only want you to seduce me,"

"Aww." She kissed him on the lips and laid on his chest.

"Do you think we'll have enough money for us to drive there?" Molly asked, with driving and gas money, food, it could add up a lot.

"I have enough for both of us; my parents gave me money for emergencies," he reassured.

"Are you sure about this, babe?" Molly leaned on his shoulder.

"Of course I am. I love you. I know I was against long-distance before, however, like you said, we are strong."

"We are. I love you too." Molly smiled, kissing his lips.

The memory faded away from her mind. She closed her eyes for a dreamless sleep.