Chapter 20: Carnival! Part 3

The smell of popcorn, cotton candy, corn dogs and funnel cake fueled the girls as Molly drove through the direction of the event. Melanie loved Carnivals. The food, rides, games, meeting new people. Sure there could be some creeps and maybe perverts but who isn't nowadays? The fumes of the food was making her stomach growl. "I'm hungry," Melanie blurted.

Molly parked near the fence of the Carnival. She could see the kissing booth from here as they got out of the car. Melanie jumped out of the car, skipping off. Molly locked the car, walking past and to the front.

Melanie jumped on Molly's back, "carnival!"

"Get off!" Molly threw her off, Melanie landed on her feet, stumbling a little. Molly shook her head with a grin.

"I'm just trying to cheer my friend up," Melanie said, pushing her shoulder playfully.

"I know, and I'm glad we're here. It's a good detour for us."

Little kids chasing each other, young and old people holding their food and prizes in their hands passing the girls as they walked. "Let's get on the spinning wheel." Melanie pointed at the ride where you lie straight up while standing and it spun around. They get in line, paid for tickets, two dollars per person, then entered the ride and buckled in. The speed was slow at first, then it sped up. It tipped over a little sideways as it sped up faster. Putting her hands in the air, waving it to the music, Molly laughed and whooped along with everyone else, their hair whipping around the wind. Getting off as it ended, a little dizzy but still feeling good.

"Booth games," Molly suggested and Melanie nodded in agreement.

Booth games were a fun way to gain prizes and even some money but you have to watch out for carnies, they're some serious swindlers. Four booths later of balloon darts, ring toss, spill the milk and water gun. The girls were getting exhausted and hungry, each had two small prizes: a turtle, a keychain for Melanie. A rabbit and a snake for Molly.

"I see corn dogs. Two for a dollar," Melanie said pointing to the booth that had a growing line of customers.

"A dollar? I don't think that will be healthy for us. What about some salt water taffy?" Molly told her, pointing to the taffy booth.

"They have that?! I freaking love taffy!" Following the direction of Molly's finger, to the man selling bags of taffy. "How much is it?"

"It's three dollars per bag."

"Do we have enough?" Molly reached into her purse and pulled out her wallet, counting the cash, "100.88."

"Ok, good," Melanie blew out a sigh of relief. "Let's just get two bags for the both of us, one more ride and we're gone. They approached the guy that just finished selling to a little girl. ' "How many?" he asked with a kind smile, he looks kind of young, early twenties, blonde curly hair and hazel eyes. Looked a little like Seth Rogen

"Two bags," Molly said, he reached from his cart.

"What's your name?" Melanie asked flirtatiously, twirling a strand of her hair.

"Seth," he responded with a small smile.

'Perfect.' Melanie had a little crush on Seth Rogen too.

"I'm Melanie and this is Molly," she introduced him.

He muttered, "nice to meet you."

"Are you actually flirting with a carnie?" Molly asked in a low voice.

"He's cute," Melanie shrugged.

"Here you go, ladies." Seth handed the bags of candy to them and he smiled again.

"Thank you Seth, you are very kind," Melanie said waving and walked away. "Damn I should've asked for his number." She stomped her foot in regret.

"What?" Molly asked.

"Nothing. Having fun?"

"Yeah, thanks. This really took my mind off of-"

"Molly!" The girls both turned to the voice that called her name, Molly's jaw dropped.