Chapter 8: Are You Allowed To Do That?

Melanie was going on about why Molly needed to keep Brad's number.

"He wasn't my type anyway," Molly told her while Melanie drove.

"But you are not looking for a type; you're looking for a hookup," she said as she turned the corner.

"I'm not looking for that either."

"Then what are you doing?" They came to a red stop.

"To party."

"Hence the hook-ups." Molly hit Melanie, Melanie hit her back, it repeated until the light turned green. Molly hit her once more. "I'm driving!"

"You started it."

Molly rolled her eyes. Sitting back in her seat, she got impatient. She looked out the window, frowning. "Where are we?" Molly asked.

"Dover," Melanie answered.

"What's in Dover?"

"I don't know, check Google Maps." Molly pulled her phone out to pinpoint the location. There were bowling alleys, shopping malls, and restaurants nearby.

"Oh, we're almost near Delaware state. Two miles away." Molly pointed out.

"Is it a party school?" Asked Mel. Molly shrugged.

"I'm hungry," Melanie groaned.

Molly saw that a Walmart was coming up, Melanie parked closer to the entrance. They entered. "I want chocolate," Melanie said, taking a bag of M&Ms.

"Chocolate is not nutritious," Molly told her. She grabbed a basket.

"Chocolate gives you endorphins, which makes you happy."

"Exercising gives you endorphins," Molly said in a deadpanned tone.

"Yeah, yeah." Melanie waved off, heading to the candy aisle.

Molly walked to the toy aisle. Her favorite thing to do was collect them, especially bears and raccoons. She had a bear she took with her to college, which she named Autumn because the color of his fur reminds her of the leaves changing.

"Help me, I'm lost." A little girl came to Molly in a small voice. She had sandy blonde hair, grey eyes, and was wearing a pink dress. She was so cute.

"Um, okay. Where are your parents?" Molly asked her.

"I didn't come with my parents, I came with my brother. I lost him," she answered.

"Aww. Let's see if we can find him. Tell me how he looks like?" The little girl described to Molly. Molly had to look for tall and blonde hair. She couldn't help but smile at her. She was kind of like her when she was younger.

"Clarissa! Thank God. Don't run from me like that again. Sorry, she tends to wander." The guy coming from another aisle relieved, hugging his sister. He had the same color eyes as the little girl, wearing board shorts and a short-sleeve blue button-down shirt.

"It's fine, she's safe now and found you." Molly smiled and he smiled back, revealing his pearly whites. She swooned a little, rocking on the heels of her feet.

"Thank you; I'm Ricky, by the way." He gestured to himself.

"Molly, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too."

"Ricky, she's pretty." Clarissa squeaked; Molly giggled a little.

"Yeah, she is. Having a fun spring break?"

"Yeah, me and my best friend are driving around. Enjoying the views."

"Oh cool. If you get tired, there's a house party going on," he offered.

A chilly feeling happened in her stomach at the handsome stranger, 'he's asking me to go to a party in a state I know little about,' she thought skeptically. "I just met you. I'm not sure."

"I'm not crazy or anything," he said, trying to assure her, and smiled.

"Isn't that what crazy people say before hacking you up in pieces?" Molly asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"You have a very imaginative mind." He chuckled. It was true, she watched too many horror flicks. The last one she watched of the killer with the chainsaw stayed in her mind. "It's a birthday party for my mom and I'm extending an invitation."

"Are you allowed to do that?"

"She said I could invite my friends." Pulling a piece of paper and pen, he wrote his address and phone number, "if you want to stop by." He winked, taking his sister's hand. She waved a bye to her.

Molly waved back, looking at the sheet he wrote on. "Maybe." She pocketed the paper, took a brown bear on the lower shelf.

"We need to go. Now." Melanie came out of nowhere, linking her elbow with Molly.

"A cute boy invited us to a party, where's your candy?" Molly wondered.

"Here." She held out her hand of gummy bears and an assorted chocolate bag, water, and juice. Melanie looked back, speed walking to the cash register.

"What's wrong with you?" Molly frowned.

"They're here."

"Who?"

"Cole and Matt."

"What?" Molly opened her eyes wide.

"Come on." Melanie and Molly placed their items on the line, looking back if they were close. Molly paid and they rushed out to the exit.

Cole:

The boys ended up in Delaware. Matt complained that the girls left early from the last place they were, and the keg tapped out, so they bailed. Cole saw a Walmart coming up ahead at the road, Matt was hungry while Cole was thirsty. They browse the aisles, Cole spotted 'Crazy, Stupid, Love', Molly's favorite movie. He enjoyed the movie because it was funny and romantic. Molly drooled over Ryan Gosling. He was checking out Emma Stone. 'We are human and can appreciate others' features,' he remembered Molly said. She'll take me back, he thought in determination.

Cole flipped through the movies. He felt a pair of eyes staring at him in his peripheral vision. Ignoring it at first, but curiosity got to him, and looked. A brown-haired girl with blue eyes in her bikini top and shorts. She was hot, giving him a seductive look in her eyes and biting her bottom lip as she checked him out. She walked, sauntering to him.

"Hey, handsome. If you're interested, there's a beach party going on." She handed him a blue flyer, brushed her fingertips on his arms.

"Sounds fun," he responded in a bored tone. He placed it on top of the DVDs.

"When you come, just look for me." She whispered, kissed him on the cheek lightly, and walked away, swaying her hips. She looked back to see if he was watching. Shaking his head, he placed the random DVD back on the shelf. He took two mountain dews before he went to the register to pay. Looking around the spacious store for Matt, Cole took a glimpse at the exit. He had to do a double-take, a familiar blonde head in view. "Molly?" He muttered.