Chapter 24: Damn it!

Wattpad changed the story from chicklit to teenfiction. more of a filler but I enjoyed writing it, the chapter title makes me laugh. Dedicated to @wattpad for adding my story to their reading list!! thank you so much hope u like it :)

Chapter 24: Damn it!

The time read Ten am. The girls woke up around nine. Showered and dressed, they headed out the door. Melanie gave the receptionist the key, which she grabbed with annoyance and huffed out a breath.

"Rough night?" Melanie asked with a concerned tone. What's her deal?

"Rough week," she replied tiredly. Melanie nodded, not knowing what else to say. She had the same frown, exhaustion all over her face.

"Hopefully, it gets better." Melanie and Molly smiled at her.

"Mmm," she mumbled, resting her fist on her cheek.

"Have a good day," Molly waved, pushing the door open to exit.

"Where to next?" asked Molly while they walked out of the motel, the sunlight hitting their faces. The smell of petrol from the buses and cabs, hot dog water wafting in the air. Molly tapped her chin with her index finger and pondered at it for a while.

"Console Google Maps," Molly suggested.

"Yes we should." Reaching the parking lot, Molly pressed the alarm button, the car didn't make a sound. She looked around the parking lot. It's not here.

"Um where is the car?" Molly asked Melanie, she looked up from her phone.

"We parked over," Melanie pointed to the right, trailing off her words. Confused, she searched again and she didn't see it either. "We parked right here, I remember that yellow beetle car next to it."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. We almost collided because it was dark. Look at the paint coming off the door!" She exclaimed, flailing her arms around in fear and pacing. "We've been robbed, Molly! Damn it!"

Molly grabbed her arms in place to calm her down. "Calm down. Let's just go back to the motel and explain what happened." Melanie nodded in agreement and they went back inside. The same receptionist that has been working since last night was reading a book. 'Anna and the French Kiss' by Stephanie Perkins. Molly has her own copy but hasn't finished it yet. "Nice book, don't you just love Stephanie Perkins?" She looked without dropping the book, furrowing her brows. Molly smiled lightly at her to ease the tension.

"Yeah. Don't ruin the ending for me" she said coldly, going back to reading.

"I haven't finished it yet," Molly said, getting a little annoyed by her attitude.

"Whatever, what do you want anyway?" she questioned, still irritated.

"What the hell is your-" Melanie raised her voice but Molly halted the potential argument.

"Mel stop," She turned to the receptionist, reading her name tag that said Melissa and in her sweetest voice she said, "Melissa, we came back to ask if you have ever witnessed any robberies around here."

"Why?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because our car was stolen."

"That's impossible, we have security cameras."

"Then can we see them, please?" Molly gave her a pleading expression. She sighed, glancing back and forth at them.

"Fine, you guys seem desperate anyway. Do you guys remember where you parked?" she asked.

Ignoring her snippet tone. Melanie told her where it was. She played the tape from last night, seeing no activity yet. Melanie asked if she could fast forward the video. Doing so, there was nothing until this morning. A man and woman wearing blue and black matching clothes approached their car, the truck with a hook and connected it to the car bumper. "Shit, a towing company," Melanie muttered frustrated.

"Has this ever happened around here before?" Molly asked Melissa.

"Yeah, the towing company is two miles from here called Feldmont. They only come when guests have parked here for more than five hours without a pass."

'More than five hours, what the hell?! Why didn't she tell us this before?!' Fuming internally, Molly breathed in and out to calm herself, then Mel shouted "Why the hell didn't you tell us this before?!"

"Whoops," she shrugged but held a smirk when her phone rang, she answered it with hushed words.

"I can't believe it. This is bullshit. How are we gonna go home?!" Melanie gritted her teeth, her hands grasping the desk so tightly. Molly pulled her hands off the desk, pulling her away from Melissa.

"I'm pissed too, but we have to be level headed. Let's just ask her for the Feldmont address and get out of here." Molly had a feeling Melanie was going to hurt someone, they both do yoga breathing to settle their anger.

"Did you ladies say Feldmont?" The girls turned to the voice, a middle aged Hispanic man with bags in his arms.

"Yes," Molly and Melanie said in unison. He explained the address, number, opening and closing time, and their number. Melanie entered it all on her phone.

"Thank you so much, sir!" Molly said so excitedly, both gave him a hug, grabbing their stuff and heading out.

"Ok I'm calling them right now," Melanie said.

"Cool, I'll see if I can get a cab to go there."

"Molly!"

"Huh?" She turned behind her to the owner of the voice. Matt, which means Cole was here.

"Matt, what are you doing here?" Molly frowned.

"Me and Cole were craving New York pizza so here we are," he explained. "What about you guys?" Molly shook her head, planting her palm on her forehead. Cole walked up, wiping his hands with some napkins, pizza sauce on the side of his mouth. He saw Molly, gave a meek smile and waved to her.

"Our car got towed when we stayed here. You know, the usual," Melanie answered sarcastically when she hung up the call. "What are you doing here? Are you following us?"

"The world doesn't revolve around you. Wait, you guys got towed, how?" Matt wondered.

"Says the two boys following us."

"Haha," Matt let out a humorless laugh. "That's Cole."

"Shut up," Cole hit his shoulder. "What happened to your car?" he questioned.

"Apparently, guests can't park more than five hours without a pass, so we have to haggle our way to get the car back from the tow," Molly told him.

"Do you want us to take you there?" Cole suggested.

"That's ok, we'll get a cab," Molly said, shaking her head.

"No cab, it's expensive even just for a ride around the corner. We insist."

"Then we'll use uber or lyft, it's cheaper."

"Thought of that, the next ride is in two hours until they finish their ride," Melanie said, showing Molly the app. The car had another passenger, texting her that they will let her know when the next ride will be available.

"Damn." Molly pursed her lips in thought, not knowing if it's a good idea being in the same car with Cole. They were friends. She didn't want her or Melanie to spend so much money. Looking at Melanie, she shrugged not knowing what else to do.

"Fine," she groaned. Cole and Matt guided them to their car. Molly and Melanie sat in the back with their bags on their laps. The rest of the car ride was silent. Molly laid her head against the window, watching the cars zip by. As Melanie stared straight ahead, she and Matt made eye contact for a quick second before looking away.