Chapter 6: Welcome To Motel 8

Chapter 6: Welcome to Motel 8

"Mol, let's find a motel. I'm tired of sitting in this seat and falling off the dashboard," Melanie said in a groggy voice, slumping down in the passenger seat. Molly rolled her eyes at her complaining. She was feeling sleepy, rubbing it away with her fists.

As Molly searched the road for motel signs, finding one on the passenger side. She pulled up and parked in a space. Entering the moderate-sized lobby, a skinny guy with shaggy hair was reading 'The Great Gatsby' at the receptionist desk.

"Welcome to Motel 8. How many rooming?" he asked in a deadpan voice.

"Two." Melanie responded, "I love your eyes, is it blue or green?"

The guy hid behind his book kinda shy, "green." He tried to keep his boring demeanor. Melanie saw him hiding his blush as he handed the Molly keys to the room.

"Room 12, one night is $50."

"Cool," Molly pulled out a fifty-dollar bill, "you're paying for the next one," she told Melanie.

"Fine." Both girls headed to the rooms, Molly unlocked the door. It was a pretty decent room: two beds, a small TV and dark curtains. Clean enough, Molly appreciated.

"Let me see if the bathroom is usable," Molly told Melanie as she sat on the bed.

"The bed is bouncy and soft!" Melanie yelled out, Molly peeked her head out the crack of the door seeing her bounced up and down on the bed slightly. Molly shook her head, amused, and brushed her teeth. As she finished, she changed into PJ shorts and a tank top. Making her way to the bed, she saw Melanie scrolling on her phone.

"I thought you wanted to sleep," Molly told Melanie as she covered her body with the thin blanket.

"I am, I'm reading this chapter of Pretty Little Liars," Melanie responded, concentrated on the screen, laying on her stomach. Molly pulled her phone out too, checking her Facebook newsfeed. Status updates from some of Molly's friends posting pics at parties/barbecues.

One post seemed to catch her eye: Kyle and her kissing at that frat party.

"Oh, my God. Mel, look," Molly frowned, got out of bed, and shoved the phone in her face.

Melanie widened her eyes and mouth, "that's awesome." She brought her hand out for a high five, Molly looked at her hand blankly.

"This isn't funny. My parents could see this." She stressed.

"Your parents will understand, just tell them you were having fun," Melanie told Molly.

"And Cole?" Why do I care if he does? She shook her head.

"You broke up with him. Does he care?"

Molly moaned, dropping her head backward. She went back to her single bed, slammed her head on the pillow over and over. "Why, why, why?" she repeated. It was a force of habit thinking about him. She still didn't want her picture online by someone else.

"Don't worry. Let's sleep until two and find another party, sound good?" Melanie suggested, holding out her hand out for a handshake; Molly shook it begrudgingly, laid on the bed for sleep to take over her body.

Don't worry, was her last thoughts before shutting her eyes.

Cole:

"Drive faster, grandma!" Matt yelled to Cole. pulling the steering wheel as he swerved the two lanes.

"What the hell, man?! You want to get us killed?!" Cole screamed, getting into the right lane. The boys left campus hours ago, tired as hell. Cole realized that trying to find the girl he loved was very hard. A needle in a haystack. She could be anywhere by now. Matt's scrolling on his phone, checking if the girls on social media. Cole knew Molly was not the type of girl that posts everything online. She didn't even confirm her relationship status on her profile.

"You really think she would take you back?" asked Matt.

"She loves me and I love her," Cole told him, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Then why did you cheat on her?"

"What do you expect? She was just there."

"You know her long enough that she hates cheaters."

"She will forgive me. I can't let her go yet."

Matt shook his head and looked out the window. "Waffle house, pull over. I'm hungry." Rolling his eyes, Cole parked the car in a space. The boys getting in and sitting in a booth, both ordered a waffle platter and started eating in silence. "Why don't we just enjoy spring break instead of wasting time?" Matt questioned with his mouth full.

"She's my girlfriend," Cole corrected.

"Ex-girlfriend." Matt stated, "and I don't think she will like you stalking her."

"She will understand." Cole took the last bite of his waffles, he wiped his mouth with a napkin "Anything on your newsfeed, dude?"

Matt pulled out his phone to check, shook his head, "no."

Cole sighed, wondering how he will find her. "Come on, let's get back on the road." Both split the check, they exited the restaurant. He pulled out his phone and pressed Molly's contact number. It went straight to her voicemail.

"Dammit. Molly, please talk to me. Call me back, I'm sorry." He hung up.