Chapter 10: What?

Chapter 10: What?

"How old is your mom turning?" Molly asked before taking a bite of her hot dog.

"40th. Five years in a row," Ricky answered, winking. Molly giggled. Typical. her mom did that too.

When she was younger, Molly would ask how old she was. Her mom said, "15."

Molly and Ricky made their way to two available chairs to sit and eat. She saw Melanie standing on a wall enjoying her food, shaking her head at how's she's scarfing the macaroni salad. She should have she stayed by my side, but she means well.

Molly ran a hand through her hair, catching a strand with her index finger, and twirled it.

"Do you have any siblings?" Ricky questioned.

"I have an older brother," Molly answered.

"A boyfriend?" She tensed up, thinking about Cole. And the girl. She looked at her knuckles, the red bruise was still there. He was here. Following them.

"Uh, no." she answered, taking a small sip of her soda.

"Oh, so you're single." He moved in closer.

"Yep," she said with a small smile.

"I just got out of a relationship. She told me she doesn't love me anymore," Ricky said in a low voice.

"Sorry," Molly mumbled. She stared at his profile: straight nose, strong jawline, molded into perfection. "I got out of one recently, too."

"Guess we're unlovable."

"No, don't say that." Molly rubbed his back and laughed, "we can find someone."

"Can I just say I'm glad you were the one to find my sister?"

"Thank you."

"No, thank you." Molly kissed him on the cheek, he smiled. Mirroring his expression, he leaned in closer. Her eyes fluttering shut, ready for his lips, she backed away.

"What?" Ricky wondered, still leaned in.

"I don't think we should do anything. Your mom's party and all," Molly replied, backing away.

"We can go somewhere private." He got up, holding out his hand. She looked up, blinked three times, and took his hand. Ricky led her from the living room to the stairs. "Everyone wouldn't notice we're gone." He continued to lead the way, holding her hand behind him. This isn't too bad, right? Molly nibbled on her upper lip, squeezing his hand tight. He opened one room door, "this is good."

"It's nice." Molly looked around the spacious room. The bed made neatly, with no pictures of any family members. "I don't hear the music."

"Good for us." Ricky reached behind her, caressing her neck before planting small kisses on her neck. Molly shivered, shutting her eyes.

"Um, let's talk some more. What's your favorite show?"

"The Office," he replied beneath her neck.

"Me too! My favorite character is Dwight."

"What?" He laughed.

"Yeah. He's a no nonsense type. Focus on work. Work hard, play hard." Molly admired Dwight for that. Jim's pranks were funny, but he did too much to torture him.

"Let's be Dwight and Angela." He kissed her slowly, she kissed him back. He held the back of her head. Molly melted into his body, gripping his shoulders. He lifted one of her legs. She pushed him off, coughing into her fist.

"That was good," Molly said, shaking her hands. I can't do this.

"We haven't finished," Ricky said,inching closer to her.

"We shouldn't, your mom is probably looking for you," Molly told him, moving away.

"She doesn't cut her cake until an hour from now. We have plenty of time." Ricky grabbed the back of her neck, attempting to kiss her again, reaching between her legs.

"Stop!" Molly pushed him harder.

"What's your problem?" Ricky asked, his tone was hard.

"My problem?"

"Come on, no one will hear us." He took her hand.

"No. not like this." She released his hold.

"Wow, you college chicks are so prudish. We're all hooking up, no big deal." Ricky threw his hands up. Molly squinted at him. Disgusted of his actions, she got up. He grabbed her arm, attempting to stop her, earning him a hard slap across the face. Molly stomped away. Away from the room. Away from him. I never thought that someone would use me like that. This was a mistake. She didn't want to cry; she wanted to scream. Hit. Thrash. They had to leave, it was time to leave.