Chapter 9: Stay The Night

"That fucking stalker!" Melanie yelled out as they made their way into the jeep.

"How did you know?" asked Molly, closing the door behind her.

"I saw him where the DVDs were." Melanie started the ignition and drove off the parking lot. She looked in the rearview mirror to see any familiar cars behind them since he owns a green Altima. Her eyes went on the road. She stuck out her tongue, pulling a confused face. Is he following us? What the hell? "Look, they're here so make sure that you don't call or text him. No tweets to where we're going. We're here for fun. So what about this party?"

"Yeah, Ricky. There's a house party for his mom's birthday."

"Is he cute?" Melanie questioned, glanced at Molly, she gave her a blank expression. "What? Is he?" Her eyes went back to the road.

"He is," Molly answered, Melanie knew she's rolling her eyes, so she smirked.

"Do you want to go? Did he give you the address?"

"Uh-huh."

"Is that uh-huh you want to go or uh-huh he gave you the address?"

"Uh-huh to both."

"All right." Molly typed in the address on her phone. The audio navigation spoke.

Melanie got confused reading the street signs. It said Decker Street, but she didn't see it yet. Until she turned, she found it. The navigation directed her to keep straight for the next 2 miles. Turning on the radio, it was playing Zedd ft. Hayley Williams 'Stay the Night'.

I know that we are upside down
So hold your tongue and hear me out
I know that we were made to break
So what? I don't mind.

"I love this song!" It took Melanie forever to find this song, she used to hear it on the shoedazzle.com commercials. Melanie and Molly's heads bopped when the beat broke down, singing as loud as they can to the song. As the song ends, going to a commercial. Melanie turned a corner. Seeing 144 Decker St., Molly informed her the house number was 149.

"Here it is." Molly pointed out to a friendly light blue house with a garden and lamppost in front of it. People walking across the lawn and they spotted their car, curiosity on their face as to who the girls are. "Maybe we should turn back." Melanie loved small parties but was skeptical. Was this a good idea to come? To a family party? Melanie pouted in concern.

"If anything bad happens, our code is 'Alex Pettyfer'," Molly suggested.

Melanie let out a laugh and shook her head, agreeing to the code.

"Hey, you made it!" Turning around to the source, a cute guy coming to them.

"I did, this is my best friend Melanie." Melanie smiled, taking her hand out of the window for a handshake. He shook it lightly.

"Nice to meet you, uh," Melanie drawing a blank to his name.

"Ricky."

"Ah, right. So Molly tells me it's your mom's bday?" She asked in an amused tone.

"Yeah,' he chuckled, "but don't say 'bday' around her. She's very... formal"

Meaning old-timer, Melanie joked to herself. She nodded in agreement, unbuckling her seatbelt, exiting out of the driver's seat. Right behind Molly, she fell in step and linked arms as they followed Ricky to the front door.

"Will she mind that we're here?" Asked Molly.

"Don't worry, I'll just tell her you're my friends from school." He nudged her ribs playfully, Melanie unlinked her arm from Molly's, walking behind both of them. She swooned silently watching them. He opened the door, gesturing the ladies to enter, some adults with glasses and plates in their hands in the living room. Hope this kid is in college and he has some friends that look like him and not end in disaster.

"Let's get some food," he said, the girls hustled behind him. Melanie was hungry as ever, she silenced the growling from her stomach. Approaching the table of food, Melanie grabbed a plate, eyeing potato chips, burgers, hot dogs, fries, and macaroni salad. After taking some food and a soda, she stood in a corner scooping the salad in her mouth.

Molly flirted with the Ricky guy, twirling her hair, and leaning closer.  Melanie approved, nodding her head. She seems good now. Cole was a real dick for cheating on her. He said it was a mistake, but he was still wrong. Someone cheating while in a relationship was still a mystery to me. When someone claimed they love someone but then screw around. Having needs was a copout. Why is there any communication anymore?

"Hi." A deep male voice broke Melanie's mini thought rant. Brown eyes, fit body, and curly hair.

"Hi," Melanie responded with a giggle.

"You're not from around here, are you?" He asked.

"I might be, but you've never seen me around." She tilted her head to the side.

"I'm Bill."

"Can I call you vampire Bill?" He laughed, shaking his head no. "Melanie."

"Enjoying the food?"

"It's really delicious"

"How do you know Ricky?"

"We met him at the Wal mart. How about you?"

"I'm his cousin."

"Family gathering?"

"Pretty much, we brought some college friends too"

College boys, score!! Melanie told him her major was Computer Science, Bill was Biochemistry. She felt comfortable, however, keeping a distance. His eyes were mesmerizing, deep, and intoxicating.

He asked if she was on Twitter; "I am."

"@killsbill."

"I'm @iammelanie."

"Cool."

"Cool." Melanie bit her bottom lip.

'"Alex Pettyfer." Molly came by. Her face was red and brows furrowed. Bill gave a questioning look, Melanie shrugged, waving bye to him.

"Mol, what is it?" Melanie asked in a hushed tone.

"I'll tell you when we find a hotel." Molly went to the driver's side. Melanie held her plate carefully when she entered the passenger, wearing her seatbelt as Molly sped off and away from the party.