Chapter 25: I'm Getting That Bad Feeling Again

"450 dollars, Are you kidding me?!" Melanie screeched to the worker, named Jared. He was holding Molly's keys waiting for them to pay. He puffed up his cheeks as the sun hit his brown skin of his impatient expression. That's how much it was to get the car off the hook. It took ten minutes to arrive here, forty-minute wait time and an hour of arguing. Melanie accused them of breaking the passenger side mirror. He even had the nerve to say it was like that when it was towed. With a charge to fix it for an extra 100 dollars, and told them it's a discount. "You really think I'm gonna fall for that?" Melanie was this close to slapping the shit out of him, ready to lunge, Cole and Matt stopped her.

"Mel, stop, you can get arrested," Molly said in a warning tone as the boys tried to hold her back.

"This is a scam. He is swindling us. They're all swindlers," Melanie said loudly, glaring at the worker.

"Swindlers? Ok, Rolf," Matt chuckled. Melanie turned to him and gave him a hard stare as he continued to laugh.

"Look, we don't have that much. Can't you just give us a discount or something? We're tourists," Melanie asked Jared, fluttering her eyes.

"That is the discount. Take it or leave it," he pointed out. Melanie made a hmph sound, trying so hard to not to kick him in the balls. That didn't work.

"Ok," Molly told him in defeat.

"What?!" Melanie squeaked.

"We have to," Molly shrugged.

"But what about the rest of our trip?" Melanie whined to her.

"We can still have it. We're in the greatest place on earth." Molly suggested.

"Yeah, without them trying to bleed us dry and rob us."

"That can happen anywhere and to anyone. Let's just pay the guy so we can get back on the road."

"Do we even have enough?" Molly pulled out her purse, counting the leftover bills

"About one hundred bucks," Molly mumbled sadly.

"Uuuugggggghhhhh!" Melanie threw her arms and head back. "What the hell are we gonna do now?"

"Here you go." The sound of Cole's voice as he gave Jared money, he nodded and handed Molly the keys.

"What are you doing?" asked Molly with confusion on her face.

"You guys need your car to get home," Cole insisted with a small smile.

"Thanks but we don't need your charity," Molly told him, shaking her hand dismissively.

"It's not charity, it's me being nice. We have more cash. Take it," he trailed off. Melanie and Molly both looked at each other, she gave a shrug.

"Thanks," the girls said in unison. He nodded and met Matt where their car was.

"So are we actually going home?" Melanie asked.

"Not yet," Molly responded.

"Yay!" Melanie clapped.

"You know, I was the one that dragged you here with me."

"And I'm in it for the long haul. We should party," Melanie said with a smirk.

"Yeah, who's throwing a party tonight?"

"Let's check instagram." Pulling out her phone to check, Melanie began to scroll down the newsfeed.

Matt's voice chimed in, "there's actually a party tonight at Pace University, my brother goes there. He has an apartment close to the campus so we can crash. You guys can come if you want," he finished.