Portal City

by Wolf-Prince-Leon, Mar 14, 2015, 11:11:14 PM

Literature / Prose / Fiction / General Fiction / Short Stories

In a dark, gloomy chamber, two beings were talking to one another.

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?" one asked.

"Yeah yeah, course I am! I'm older aren't I?" The other answered, a confident tone to their voice.

"Very well, the human cubs shall not be aware of the true intentions behind what shall happen. But I warn you, no harm is to come to them. Understand?"

The other gave of a laugh and just smirked to their partner "I understand I understand~ Calm down, will ya?".

"One scratch, or anything remotely do to alter their minds, and this operation is over."

"I know I know! But to be honest with ya, I think it will go just perfectly. After all, the ones who are gonna take them in is THAT couple, remember? I think things will work out all by itself".

"I'll trust you."

~~~

A young boy was waiting patiently in the city plaza. Muscles tense, sweat coming down his face, and rubbing his bruised up left arm. "Please be okay..." he said.

Out of nowhere, from behind the boy, a figure jumped on him, wrapping her arms around him "And why are you looking so glum, huh Leon?" asked a familiar girl's voice.

"Yuki!" Leon, the boy, said, his muscle relaxing and his mind at ease. "I was worried about you. Remember what happened with Nick Conner?" He rubbed the bruised up arm again.

"Ahh...yeah." Yuki, the slightly older girl sighed to herself as she let go of her best friend "But you know you brought that onto yourself right?".

"I was just trying to stand up for myself for once." Leon sighed.

She shook her head, letting out yet another sigh "You should know by now that Nick is your friend, he just can't show it well...".

"Friend?! He steals my stuff, hurts me, and humiliates me in public. And that's just on his good days." Leon said, frowning and clenching his fists.

She smiled gently and rubbed Leon's hair to calm him down "Hey...who was the first person to protect you when that new boy joined and wanted to fight you?".

"You did." Leon said.

"Then listen to me, he doesn't hate you. Though...I don't think he likes you as a friend either. I just want to know what happened between you two, you were so close when you were younger and now you both...".

"Enough about Nicky. Did you get the goods from Gamestop?"

She smirked, holding up a bag "Course I did...but firstttt~" She laughed, running a bit ahead and pointing to a nearby bus stop "How about we head home?".

"...fine." Leon put his hands in his pocket as he followed Yuki.

"...You know, why don't we try walking through the forest to get there instead of taking the bus?" She said with a smile, knowing how Leon prefers the nature.

"Oh, Sure!" Leon perked up, smiling. "Thanks, Yuki?"

"Welcome buddy~ But you know, your the one who has to protect me incase I get another attack..." She said, refering to her unique case of Narcolepsy. A illness that causes the person who has it to randomly fall asleep at any given time.

"I can!" Leon smiled, despite his Aspeger's Syndrome, Leon was a good kid. He never abandoned Yuki.

Yuki smiled and held his hand, leading him towards the forest with the bag in her other hand, she hummed a tune that she used to help Leon fall asleep.

~~~

In the forest, they casually strolled.

"...May I have it please?" Leon asked, looking eager for whatever was in the bag.

Yuki only lifted it above his head, shaking her finger like a mother would "Ah ah ah, You need to be patient young man~" She told him, keeping a mature tone.

"Please... I wanna play..." Leon pleaded.

She sighed "mmmm....Fine, but just this once okay?" She said, reaching into the bag but made sure to rest it on Leon's head so he couldn't see what was inside till she showed him.

It was a New Nintendo 3DS XL, in a vibrate blue color, and a copy of Pokemon X. The packaging was still on, showing that they were brand new.

Yuki smiled, showing them to Leon and putting the bag under her armpit as she started to open the packaging for him.

"You get Y?" Leon asked.

The brunette nodded, pulling it out but sighed sadly to herself "Didn't have enough to get another 3DS sadly...Guess I have to get another part time job..."

"I'll help you this time." Leon smiled.

She smiled happily but shook her head no, looking at him and rubbing his head "Sadly, I will do it myself~ You know how I am, I don't like involving others."

"Okay... By the way, you know about the rumors?" Leon asked.

"Rumors...? Ah, you mean the one about the factory here in the forest? Where there's strange sounds all night and people see this "mysterious" light before it vanishes, however when they go to check it's gone? That one?" Yuki asked, blinking in confusion as to why he would even bring it up.

"There's more, starting last saturday, kids our age began disappearing into the factory at night."

Yuki shivered, looking down at Leon and sighed "You know it's not good to believe in the rumors right? And if it's true, we should avoid that factory. Who knows what happens there..."

"Beats the life we got here." Leon countered.

"You idiot! What if you got hurt or even died huh?! Then you wouldn't even have a life!" She shouted, being over protective.

"Then at least people can't hurt me anymore."

Her eyes widened in shock as she blinks, then begining to glare down at him "How...how could...how do you think I would feel...y...you..." She could feel her eyes begginnig to fill with tears before she threw the bag and 3DS down, along with the games before beggining to storm ahead, speed walking.

Then, they heard a sound. Like someone whistling a caring tone.

The sound caused the angry and sad girl to stop, looking around as she wiped her eyes to hide her tears "Who...Who's there...?!"

"That whistle... it sounds nice..." Leon said, enjoying it.

Yuki looked between Leon and where she can hear the sound coming from, gulping as she recognizes the location "That's...the factory...but that's impossible...it's blocked off..." She whispered to herself, unaware her legs were moving her towards the sound.

Leon, as if under some kind of spell, began to running towards the voice, eager to learn what the source was.

Yuki's eyes widened as she saw him chasing it, going after him and despite wanting to call out to him...she found her mouth unable to open, infact...was she even in control of her own body?! It didn't feel like it...! is what she thought as she ran after him.

~~~

The Dakota City game production factory, once the biggest source of Gameboy games. Yet after several accidents, the factory ceased production. The accidents ranged from simple missing people to even accidental deaths. It was a place many dared not to go because of this.

Leon, following the voice arrived quickly, desperate to find the source. Yuki was right behind him, breathing hard as she finally catched up "W-what...is going on right now?!" She asked, scared but also frustrated.

Leon didn't answer, he was awe-struck. He was wide eyed, drop jawed, looking at a factory door. Yuki's eyes wondered to Leon only to see him awe-struck, slowly and with a gulp, she turned her head to where he was looking and gasped.

It was Pokemon, a REAL Pokemon, a Gardevoir singing a lovely little melody for some younger Pokemon cubs.

Yuki couldn't help but be skeptical, after all she was taught logic over all else and so she stood tall and gulped as if it was meant to give her courage and asked a simple enough question "Who are you and why are you dressed as a...a...Gardevoir...?"

Noticing the two kids, the Gardevoir panicked, and guided the cubs into the factory in a hurry.

"Did I cause her...him...whatever it was to run away...? Is this what happens at night?...L-Leon, let's leave...please..." She asked, trying to mask her fear.

Leon wasn't with Yuki, he was running after the Pokemon that ran off, following them quickly into the factory.

The young brunette gasped and ran to the enterance of the factory "Hey...! Leon! come back...! if...if you don't I will leave by myself!...Come on! This isn't funny...it's a prank..h-has to be..." She sighed, shaking lightly and wiped the sweat off her forehead, sighing "...Don't leave me alone..."

~~~

Leon and Yuki followed the Pokemon into the factory, finding some kind of strange circle of bright blue light.

Yuki looked apon it then looked back to Leon, shaking her head "See! No one's here...we were seeing things! Let's just go back...please!" She begged, looking at him

"Yuki... I think this is a Gate to the Pokemon World. Let's go through! Maybe we can start over. We can have better lives there... What do we have to lose?"

"L...Leon...I know what your saying b-but it just sounds crazy you know...? And so what...w-we can make our own future so...so..." She sighed, knowing that was unlikely. After all, the world was cruel and those who are unfortunate like Leon and Yuki...it was as if there lives were set out already. It's as if they were doomed from the start...and being in a world filled with creatures called humans that are naturaly selfish, angry and use there so called "knoweldge" to their own gain...People like Leon and Yuki didn't have a place in that society...and if they did, it would be the gravel beneath other's shoes. They were nobodies.

"Come on, Yuki. Let's take this step, we could find the better lives we truly have wanted."

"...Leon...Fine, we will take a look...just...don't get your hopes up, please."

"Let's just give it a try." Leon offered Yuki a hand.

The hesitation was clear on her face and yet, she had already took his hand. Even though her brain took time to catch up to what she really wanted, her body knew. And that was all Leon needed.

"Ready?" Leon asked.

"..." She took several deep breaths and with her free hand, she placed it on her chest to calm herself...and finally, she looked to Leon with a look of deterimation and spoke the words Leon wanted to hear "Ready!"

The two nodded at one another, and jumped into the circle.

~~~

The sunlight beamed down in the forest, shining brightly through the overcasting branches above the sleeping form of a young boy, the sounds of birds and other such were loud and showed just how much life there was out here. The grass bristled in the calming breeze...a nice peaceful day...almost like a dream. Yet, it felt off...and what was off was obvious if you thought about it. It was the sleeping boy in the center of this "dream", a boy who was quietly beggining to wake...

"Huh..." Leon opened his eyes, and sat up. "Whoa... what the? Is this a forest?" The boy looked around. Instead of a dark, rusty old factory, he was now a in a large, serene forest, trees as far as the eye can see. Sounds that he could only imagine hearing in movies and in his dreams was all he could hear now. Even the forest he takes to get to the orphanage doesn't have much wildlife and was instead very empty. Despite not seeing any, the sounds of birds was everywhere and given the bright light, to Leon, it might have even felt like a dream. A false reality...and yet...something inside him told him it was real.

"Whoa..." Leon was in awe, as he stood up. "Oh! What a minute." Leon quickly looked all around. "Uh... yuki?" Leon's smile turn into a frown, as he gulped. "Yuki? Where are you?!" His excitement slowly decayed into fear, He was alone. "Yuki? this isn't funny anymore..."

A figure began to approach, at first Leon thought it was Yuki! but as it got closer...he quickly learned it was the opposite...a creature with a yellow chest and what appeared to be blue shorts...black legs and black rolled up sleeves?, it even had a pointed blue muzzle with what appeared to be a blue mask on, red eyes staring at Leon...yet, the creature was familiar and gave of a calming impression instead of an intimidating one.

Then, it hit Leon, it wasn't a human at all. "Are... you... a Lucario?" He asked.

The creature nodded, "Yes... I'm a Lucario." He said through telepathy.

The world around Leon seemed to slow down to a halt as before him was something he could only think about seeing in his dreams...a creature that shouldn't exist...and yet here it was...his world only focused on this Lucario now and all the questions he wanted to ask!...but he felt like he was forgetting something...

"I sense your presense, you found a portal to our world and crossed through it, didn't you?" the Lucario asked.

It was then that it hit Leon, he was alone. The only person who ever treated him like a person, the person who had always been there...and the person who came through the portal...was gone. She wasn't there. Fear began to take hold of Leon, so much that the Lucario's question went unheard.

"Please... help me... I'm all alone. I can't find my friend, and all alone... I'm helpless. Please!" Suddenly, he grabbed the Lucario's paw, and pleaded. "Please! Help me! I can't survive on my own! PLEASE!"

The Lucario could feel Leon's fear, the pain in his heart. The Pokemon couldn't ignore such a child. Thus, he could to a decision as he gently placed his free paw against the boys forehead and focused.

Suddenly, Leon's mind grew calm, something had taken hold and his pleas ceased, as the Lucario gently seated him against a tree. "sssshhhh, relax little cub. I'll help you. Soon your fear will cease, and you'll be with your friend again. But I must also obey the laws of my world. Relax, let your mind relax as your rebirth takes place."

The calm feeling never left yet a new feeling rose, all along his skin starting from his chest he felt a strange sensation, as if something was crawling along it. When he went to look by opening his shirt collar, he was surprised to see what appeared to be black fur growing from his chest, it continued to grow till it grew past the collar and his sleeves and yet the colour of the fur on his arms was different, a blue colour. It spread all the same till it completely coating the boy's arms. Looking at his legs, he could see the fur had long gone past his shorts and it was black in nature. It eventually "consumed" his legs. Yet the calming feeling never left, not once. He felt something strange appear around his neck and when he touched it with a hand, it was what appeared to be a collar of sorts. Talking about his hand, it took him several moments to register the fact it had shrunk and lost 2 fingers, instead being 3 thick fingers and on the back of his "hands" was a white stub. He felt strange as he watched his nose grow black at the top and start to extend outwards till it became a canine muzzle. His vision went black for a second and when it came back, he could more clearly and when he sniffed, lots of scents filled his nose. He felt his ears grow to the top of his head as his hair shrunk away into blue fur. What appeared to be the last change was the aura sensers growing out of his head...and now sat in the place of Leon the Human was a new creature...Leon the Riolu. Yet it didn't end...and he found the world growing bigger and inside himself, he felt various changes...when he finally talked after the experience, he could hear his words come out as the name of his new species and yet he still understood them.

<"What the... what did you..."> Leon was shocked to discover his new form, his fear began to grow once more. But then, the Lucario returned Leon to that calm, silent state from before.

<"Shhhh, it's going to be alright. Relax, let your eyes grow heavy. Drift in a deep slumber, with wonderful dreams, let your mind rest, so it may adapt to your new form. Sleep, little cub, Sleep."> The Lucario instructed.

It began slowly but the singing he heard before began to sound in Leon's head, it calmed him down even more then the Lucario's ability...slowly, the world around Leon grew dark and despite wanting to fight it, he couldn't...and he closed his eyes, his final thought as he finally slept was about a single person. Yuki, and this desire was felt strongly by the Lucario.

The little Riolu just slept there adorably against the tree. <"Such a sweet little cub."> He said, as he picked Leon up and piggybacked him. <"Just sleep, little one. I'll have you safe and sound in no time, and my friends will find your friend in no time."> THe Fighting type jumped into the trees, moving Quickly through the forest, taking Leon to a safe place.

~~~

"Leon...Leon! Where are you...! Leeeeoooooonnnnn!!!" shouted a voice that would of disturbed the silence of the forest if that had been where she were, however the human girl was currently in a place that was close to the forest but wasn't part of it.

The area was a huge mountain, she couldn't believe her luck! First she followed Leon into a portal of some kind and now she was on a mountain she was sure didn't exist anywhere close to the orphange or even civilization. She was stuck here in the middle of nowhere looking down at a forest down below her. She figured going up high would of been best but instead it shattered her hopes of finding anyone soon...The thought crossed her mind that only she had gotten through but that would have only made her more scared, so she quickly threw that thought away and instead looked for a way back down the mountain.

But as she walked, she got the strange feeling that she wasn't alone. She couldn't shake the notion that she was being... watched.

She leaned against a rock and sighed to herself, trying to think of another way down. After all, she wanted to be with Leon no matter how much people disagreed with it. She never would admit that she was the one who purposefully made Leon look bad infront of people looking to adopt in the orphange just so Leon could stay there with her. She knew it was against what was right but she was afraid more of being alone and she would rather Leon hate her then be alone...and it was at that point she felt something grab a hold of her and she couldn't move! She turned her head to try and see what had ahold of her but couldn't see anything but the rock with eyes!...wait...rock with eyes?!

Realization set in as she began to squirm and scream, shocked to find that a rock had eyes and more shocked to know that it had a hold of her! She continued to squirm and kick, shouting "LET ME GO!" as loud as she could.

<"A Human! I captured a human!"> The creature shouted proudly.

She continued to scream and squirm, catching a sight of the creature's creamish horn and underbelly but she cared little for what it looked like and more for what it was doing. She finally resorted to a cheap trick.

"Look! over there!" She said, looking to the side of the mountains.

<"Nice try, brat,"> The creature said, <"I'm not a rock brain. Now prepare for Pokefication!">

<"AURA SPHERE!">

Yuki's eyes widened as she saw what appeared to be a blue ball of flames heading towards her face! instincivly, she ducked her head and the ball hit the creature right in the face. Using this instance, she did the unthinkable and kicked the creature between it's legs.

Next thing she knew, she was free, and something came to her side.

Her eyes widened as she instantly recognized the creature standing beside her and she gasped, falling over onto her backside and pointed at him! "A...a....a Lucario?!".

"Calm down, I'm here to help you. do you know a boy named Leon?" the Lucario thought asked.

"You talked...and wait! you mentioned Leon! D-do you know him?! Where is he? What is he doing right now?! is he okay?!" She asked all at once, though it was more like a demand.

The Lucario quickly put his paw against her head. "shhhhhh..."

She calmed down quickly, her face looking calmer then before as she slowly smiled...and then her body flopped to the floor as her consciousness left all together.

~~~

Morning once more, as the sun shined once more upon a small Pokemon village of treehouses. A scene familiar to everyone who has lived here except from a pair of individuals in one house...

The sunrays shone in through an open window as the breeze carried a fresh smell through the door, hitting the new sensetive nose of the Riolu boy who was sat up in his bed, looking around the room as if it was somewhere he had never been before...and that was the case, the boy's tired brain finally began to fully function as the gears began to turn and he took in his new surroundings...and form.

He was in a nice cozy little one person bedroom with toys, books, games, a closet, and of course a comfy bed he was tucked into. He found himself dressed in a rather comfy pair of mitted footie pajamas in a vibrant shade of blue. Whoever brought him here must've wanted him to be nice and comfy.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened and a familiar figure walked in the room carrying what appeared to be a tray, ontop of which resided something that gave of a smell that made the young cub's stomach growl.

But it wasn't the same Lucario, this one was female, looking more gentle and motherly than the one that transformed him. <"You're Leon, yes?"> She asked.

It took several moments for Leon to register what she said, but his head had already gave a nod. He strangely could feel himself smiling bigger then he has before.

<"Nice to meet you, I'm Aleena."> The female Lucario greeted, setting the tray on a nightstand, then with what could only be described as the Psychic move, she unzipped the mitts of the Pajamas and rolled them up. <"There, you can eat without ruining your cute little jammie now.">

With unusual eagerness, Leon reached out for the tray and looked on it to see something he didn't expect, Cinnamon rolls with a tall glass of milk. Leon's little riolu mouth was watering at how tasty it looked.

<"I haven't had a decent breakfast in years."> Leon said. <"May I have the milk please?">

There wasn't a reply but it wasn't needed as the milk floated to Leon carefully, as she was trying not to spill it.

Leon happily accepted the glass, and gulped the milk.

<"Oh my, you must be parched.">

<"Yeah... The orphan barely ever fed us kids decent food, but the caretakers conveniently get much better meals.">

The Lucario known as Aleena sighed gently, having expected as much already from all the rumors she had heard about the human world, She came over and handed him the Cinnamon rolls personally instead of with psychic.

The little Riolu happily ate up the roll, enjoying every bite.

Aleena asked a question this time instead of the other way around and she asked <"How do you feel about living here and being our child?">

THis made Leon go still for a sec. <"You... wanna adopt me?">

<"Yes, my mate and I found you and your friend. We know how cruel earth was to you... and we wish to give you the good lives you deserve."> As Leon finished the rolls, Aleena cleaned his paws, unrolled the mitts and rezipped them up. <"would you like the good life you truly deserve?"

The other sounded too good to be true, and yet here it was before him...what did he have to lose anyway? and he would be with Yuki! He would have a family and a sister!

<"Yes! A million times yes.">

<"That's good to hear."> Aleena gently got Leon back in the bed, tucked in with his arms and paws free. <"Now just get comfy sweetie, I have a few things to tell about being a Pokemon.">

Nice and cozy, Leon listened carefully to everything Aleena had to say.

~~~

The world around her grew into focus as Yuki opened her eyes. At first, she was confused, then she was scared. She sat up in the bed she found herself in and looked around. Surrounding the bed was lots of what could only be described as plushies and toys were all gathered in the corner of the room with a closet to the side of the bed, beside the nightstand. She found the room looked nice as the world was a nice pink, with the carpet being a pale blue and her new bedsheets being blue and pink heart covered, it was then...she looked at her new paws. Quickly she lifted the bed sheets up and almost screamed at what she saw. She found herself in what appeared to be vibrant baby blue and pink mitted footie pajamas that even though she didn't want to admit it, were very comfy. What scared her however was her new black paw feet and her new body overall, that of a Riolu.

Then, her ears perked up as someone came in. It was the Male Lucario that save her from the rock creature.

<"Oh, you're up. I brought you breakfast.">

Her eyes widened but she felt calm in his presense, not even noticing she was smiling as she slowly nodded, looking at him and slowly began to speak

<"Th...Thank you..."> and her eyes widened, feeling something was weird about how she sounded.

<"You've noticed I see. You're not just a Pokemon now. You're a cub again."> the Lucario said, bringing over a tray with food.

She gulped and sniffed at the food while processing what he said <"A...cub...?"> She asked him

<"Yes... I believe humans call them... children?">

<"I guess... H-hey, what is that smell? What are they?">

<"It's a human delicacy, I believe it's called... an omelette.">

Then, Yuki looked at the food, her mouth watering.

<"Hold on.">

Yuki blinked as she watched the Jammies begin to undoe themselves before it slips off, folding up and going to the side of the bed away from the food, she guessed it was from the move Psychic.

<"Now they won't get dirty.">

Yuki felt herself giggle as she nodded, looking at the food again with her mouth watering.

The Lucario offered her a fork. <"Omelette and Moo Moo Milk, fresh as it can be,">

She took the fork and looked to the Moo Moo Milk <"Can I...Can I have a bit of the milk now please?"> She asked with a blush

The Lucario happily obliged, simply handing her the milk bottle.

She brought it to her mouth and began to drink it down till there wasn't a drop left in the bottle, pulling away with a satisfed murr.

<"That hit the spot, kiddo?"> asked Lucario.

She nodded eargerly before starting to eat, she was extremely happy right now but yet still had a pinge of sadness as she gradually stopped eating <"Where is Leon...?">

<"Oh, the other Riolu cub's right next door, in his own room.">

<"Other...Riolu cub...? You mean...he's also...?">

<"It's the law, any human that is found in the Pokemon World must me transformed into a Pokemon at once."> The Lucario said. <"But don't worry, my mate is with him, talking to him as I am talking to you. He's fine.">

She sighed in relief and began eating again, smiling softly <"So he's safe...I'm glad...But does this mean we can never go home?">

<"What did you have that was worth going back too? I looked at your Auras, both yours and Leon's. Earth was cruel to you, yes?">

Her eyes widened but she nodded with a sigh, looking at him <"It was...It was...I wish I could have a family...but Leon comes first...I tried to protect him from the world...I might have been doing the opposite">

<"I can help you get it all. Would you like to be my cub? Leon has already agreed to adoption, if you agree, Aleena and I can give you a family, Leon as a brother, and the happy life you both deserve.">

Her Riolu eyes widened in surprise as she continued to eat, finally stopping only to have the Lucario use Psychc to carry the plate away and to fasten the Jammies back onto her before she finally smiled and gave him a reply...

<"Yes! Yes yes yes yes! I want...I want to be your cub...! I want to be Leon's Sister...!">

Lucario smiled. "Now get yourself comfy in your bed, I'm sure you have questions, and I'll answer them. But I'd like my cub to be cozy first so she doesn't feel uneasy.">

She smiled and laid back in the bed as Lucario tucked her into the bed, making sure her arms and paws were free first before he began to talk, his new cub daughter listening with her full attention with a bright smile on her face.

<"Ask away, sweetie">

<"F-Firstly...why turn humans into Pokémon when they come here?">

<"It's a bit... difficult to explain.">

<"Try your best, Papa.">

<"I will sweetie, well firstly...A few years ago, a certain Pokémon wanted to expand his territory and to do so, he tried to access a new world...This plan worked, but the world was already inhabited. The Pokémon then ventured to that world and was never heard from again but the portal remained, over the years we gathered information on this world we didn't know and we discovered the ones ruling it...were creatures called humans. These creatures were intellegent but many of them let it go to their heads and many of the humans lived poor lifes thanks to others... But we don't want to see innocent humans like you and your new brother suffer. So the higher ups came up with a plan. Several smaller gates are opened around your world, in special places. We come and watch your world, as humans willingly find the gates then cross over. To be precise, these gates are not opened by Pokémon alone...but by the will of special humans through out the world you lived in. While it is helped by some of the Pokémon in this world, the gates only open when a human wishes for escape from their world...and you might be thinking, there should be lots of gates then...but that isn't the case...it takes an extremely strong will to force the gates open...normal humans...no...most Pokémon can't even do it...the humans that can are extrodinary...they can make things happen just by will...I think your world calls them...Psychics?...">

<"Wait... Leon and I are Psychics?">

<"well... not anymore now that you're Pokemon but what's amazing...is that portal is still open there. It's the biggest portal we have seen so far...and we believe there are many...many children there that need our help...and it's thanks to you two we realized this. If you hadn't entered the portal, we wouldn't of been able to locate it...but how did you find it anyway?">

<"A gardevoir was singing to some Pokemon cubs,">

<"Aria... she must've sensed the gate before anyone. She's far too reckless though...often acting before thinking...she knows to tell us first...and that's an important rule I'm saying now, If you find a portal...do not enter and tell an adult straight away. It is forbidden to enter unless you are given permission from the higher ups. Many portals are unsteady...some go through the portal...don't come back and don't even end up on the other side...that's why it's dangerous. Anyway, children like you willingly come to our world, we find you, pokefy you, adopt you, and give you better lives. And thanks to you and Leon, we found a city with plenty of those kids to save.">

<"...Plenty? The...city?! So it's not just the orphanage...?"> She asked as her eyes widened, finally reliezing something <"The city...that city...now that I think about it...everyone who is in the orphanage...and many of the kids in the city were all part of an explosion that took place a few years ago...where a light consumed everything..."> and that was likely when the first portal was opened...and when lots of children gained the powers needed to open the portals.

<"What...? Is that the connection...?! Sweetie, I need you to go to sleep now...you might have more questions...but those will have to wait...!"> He announced, getting the idea to sing the same song Aria had...causing the Riolu to fall asleep and at that point, he gave her a kiss to the forehead...and left the room.

~~~

<"A connection?"> Asked the legendary Pokemon, Articuno. <"You found something connecting all the psychic children in that city?">

<"Yes Ma'am, apparently from what I have heard...when the first portal was opened, it's likely it caused a rift in time and space and an entire city was consumed by the rift...It's likely that even if it was just for a split second, several children were lost in time and space...maybe even some adults...but...those that were lost in time and space...it's likely that is what gave them psychic powers...but...I think it's more like...those special children of earth have become the key to the portals...instead of being just psychic children, it appears only the children here...can open the portal."> Spoke the familiar figure of the Lucario, father of Leon and Yuki.

<"I see... but... can we still rescue the children?">

<"Yes, we can...I believe the children that have already been pokefied can still open the portals Ma'am. It's likely...because they aren't psychics like we thought, I feel like they...are more like left out of space and time...they themselves...are the portals.">

<"As long as we can continue to rescue children, that is all that matters for now. Now that we have completed three successful rescues. It's time for your promise. I'd like to be a mother. So, shall we find the perfect children for me?">

Meanwhile, in a familiar dark chamber...

"It appears they are finally figuring things out huh...~ ohoho~ things are starting to get interesting..."

"Soon, all the children of earth will be ours."

"But the Pokemon seemed to have made this mission more like helping those that need help. How wrong they are~"

"Yes, but it is too early to reveal the true nature of the plan...our eutopia...is in sight."

"Fufufu...I can't wait dear friend~ It shall be fun...~"

"As long as the fools don't take the mission as their own... Again, soon, the children of earth will be ours."

"And then...we can keep our promise to him~...The one who started it all...even if he's gone, we will...complete his work~ but...can I start to mess with them a little...~? I just want to make things...more fun~"

"Not yet my friend, let them have their mission."

"As you wish friend...~ fufufu...ahaha...~ Ahahahahahahahaha!"