Roar of Time (Dialga TF)

by WeebWriteMan, Feb 12, 2017, 8:52:59 PM

Literature / Prose / Fiction / General Fiction / Short Stories

The man, with his bare, dirty chest exposed to the stale air slowly awoke, his bowed head raising to stare at the area around him. The floor was covered in dust, the brickwork beneath his kneeled legs ancient and worn. A circle of dim light kept him illuminated, but beyond the circle was darkness. His arms were held above him in dulled shackles, tightly wrapped chains binding them together that connected to far off points into the darkness, more chains binding his body and legs perfectly still. He looked around with his head, face expressionless as he tested his bindings. The chains faintly jangled, but otherwise would not budge. For reasons unknown to him, for his memory was hazy, he was rooted to the floor. With quite the job done to ensure he was held in place. He remained calm, his breathing steady. His questions will be answered soon enough... for better or worse.

Time passed. An hour, maybe two, the only sound being the sound of the chains clinking as he breathed. Still, he had no answers. He was tempted to call but knew there would be no answer; just the foolish mockery of his echo rebounding back to him.

There was a sound. The sensation of the chains attached to the hidden walls swinging as he looked up, trying to look around. A faint humming filled the air as he crooked his head just in time to see that the chains were indeed in motion... with a blue glow of energy rapidly flowing down the links-

It didn't register quick enough and the energy hit him like a truck, the energy flowing into the chains entangling him and branding him as it pooled into his shackles. He yelled in pain, lurching forward as much as he could as saliva sprayed from his mouth, beginning to breath heavily. He could feel his stomach sink and his pulse begin to hammer in his throat, the burning pain from his bindings feeding the fires of a fiery rage that began to grow inside him. Strength he had never felt before flowed through him as he dug his feet into the worn stone, leaning forward further as the magic further removed his mind from rationality.

Slowly, as his ragged breathing kept him from screaming, his muscles began to bulge and tighten, almost pulsing before slowly swelling with muscle mass. His shoulders began to bulk up and widen, the power to break the cuffs slowly becoming a reality as his chest barreled out, thick veins running across his arms and neck as he looked up at the darkness with destructive red eyes. An exasperated growl escaped from his throat as his neck thickened, all while his skin colour darkened in tone, an accelerating discolouration as he was forced to drink deep of the power pouring into him.

His shackles glowed and pulsed as he hunched forward, his body becoming more grotesque and muscular by the second, blotches of ever darkening blue spreading across his back as even his loose pants that he had were getting uncomfortable from his larger size, his thick wrists being choked by the shackles. With a loud roar, fangs bared, he broke the metal shackles binding them with a loud shattering sound as the pieces began to fall... slower and slower, until they froze in the middle of the air.

He fell to the floor, his palms hitting the dusty stone with a powerful thud, a bright blue aura emanating off him like a halo of light as his brow furrowed, the primal rage burning up inside him. His eyes, with every blink darkened, turning black with a red at the center. Large fangs jutted out the bottom of his mouth, his head increasingly misshapen as clumps of hair fell down around him, going unnoticed in the man's moment of strife... if you could call him a man any longer.

Yet even as he tried to step forward, he found himself still bound by his ankles, the chains jingling and mocking him as his limbs swelled with mass and muscle, the dark blue skin as hard as steel. The concept of his hands was rapidly fading, his wrist losing mobility as the area around it thickened as thick, sharp steel claws rose out of the ridges of his fingers, continuing to rise further up his arm as he was wracked with pain, screwing up his eyes until it was done. When he looked down, a simple thought crossed his mind, one he thought of looking at the fragments of chain, floating in the air.

Growing.

If it weren't clear for the previous, grotesque muscles that he had prior, now hardened and smooth, forcing his skeletal structure into something more suited for walking on two legs and supporting his ever lengthening neck, he certainly was growing. Very fast. While the monstrous changes contorted his body into an alien shape, he was quickly gaining height. Even while kneeled as he was, he was over two meters tall. A giant by normal standards, but yet he still kept growing. His neck continued to stretch while his skull was pulled painfully into a new shape, the blue colour weeding out the weak flesh as his neck was bowed, even as his feet themselves swelled with newfound muscle, becoming simple and flat-footed while wicked claws curved out from the ridges of his late toes, with a metal band to unite them all.

His tight pants, once baggy had the final straw as his tailbone began to lengthen, even the slight nub was enough to tear the remaining shreds of humanity from the behemoth's form. To make matters worse... not that he cared, for the more agony he was put through the more powerful he became, above his tailbone a shiny metal fan began to push out from the skin, the blades once uniform beginning to fan out as it grew to full size, much like him. While metal spines grew out of the back of his neck, a metallic visor formed upon his brow, spanning either sides of his long head.

The beast let out a roar as the changes, his growth came to an end. It might've been over, but the primal instincts, the rage and the shedding of humanity still stayed. His power, the aura that surrounded him and changed him began to coalesce inside him, light blue outlines appearing on his legendary body, glowing and pulsing... before all that power condensed into a blue diamond on his chest, one that swam with light endlessly as a heavy armour plate coated his chest, protecting the precious jewel.

As the pain and exhaustion ebbed away, his head just inches away from the ceiling, he could feel it; the power, everything to do with time right under his control. The primal, fundamental power...

But he was pissed. Really pissed.

Raising his head to the ceiling, he let out a thunderous, blood-curdling roar that shook the room to its core, even knocking rocks loose before they stopped mid-air, frozen in time. A large, swirling rift opened before him, sending the chains to rattle loudly as the air in the room swirled with great intensity. The darkened room around him began to quake and collapse from the sheer power of the rift as it grew beneath his feet, the pillars hidden in the darkness of the room toppling over as the beast rose his head again and let out another, powerful roar.

And then he was gone, the debris finally falling around him as the room collapsed.