Rekindling Adventure

by Zohaku, Aug 14, 2016, 10:02:47 AM

Literature / Fan Fiction / General Fiction

Ash flopped onto his couch, flicking on the television. Once more he had returned from journeying around a region and beating its gyms and strongest trainers before returning home, to Pallet Town. Just like every time before, he loved being home at first, sleeping his own bed, tasting his mother's cooking, everything wonderful about being home!

Then it started to grow dull, he missed the open roads, the battles, the adventure, and the excitement! But where was a Pokémon Master supposed to find the thrill of battle when no opponent held challenge for him anymore? Maybe he could start a gym, or join an Elite Four, he was certainly strong enough! But just using a single type wasn't that fun, and there wasn't much adventure to it either.

Pikachu dropped in beside him, smelling of vanilla, clearly his mother had recently given the rodent a bath again. Yes, his Pikachu, the battle-hardened veteran of hundreds of battles, some against Legendary Pokémon, was relaxing and smelling of vanilla.

The television really held no interest for Ash, he was sixteen and already a master. He needed a break, something to bring him away from his normal plans until he found the joys of battle and adventure again! His mother had gone for the day, so until she got back it was just him and Pikachu.

DING DONG

And whoever was at the door. He got up with a little complaint and opened the door. There was a postman, holding a large package.

"Ash Ketchum," The postman didn't even ask Ash to confirm it, who would? Practically everyone knew who he was nowadays. "I have a delivery for you here from Silph Co."

"Silph Co? Delivery? But I didn't order anything," Ash replied in confusion. The delivery person just held out a contract.

"It is a gift, compliments of the Silph Corporation, sign here?" he said, so Ash did, received the package, and like that the mailman left. Ash shrugged, heading back inside to his couch and once more getting comfortable.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked, crawling up next to his friend. Ash nodded and Pikachu used his small claws to slice the tape and let Ash open the box.

Inside of the box were two objects: an envelope and a heavy, metal bracelet. Of course, first thing he did was read the envelope, maybe the bracelet was some cool new device to help Pokémon trainers out somehow.

Dear Mr. Ketchum;

For your prodigious talents you have exemplified throughout a world journey, as well as personal services to Silph Co. itself we would like to offer you a place in our trial of the Pokken Fighting Tournament Entry Band.

The associated band, when worn, has the ability to transform you, the wearer, into a Pokémon of your choice. The effects last for thirty minutes if the band is removed or indefinitely as long as it is worn. Instructions for use are on the other side of this letter

As you, Mr. Ketchum, have heard, the Pokken Tournament is taking place soon, and we cordially invite you to attend, as a contender. As you know, there are no trainers in the Pokken Tournament, the Pokémon fight with their own skills and intellect. We hope you will use the band to enter, your talents are most impressive, Mr. Ketchum.

With the Highest Regards,

Lorraine Silph, Daughter of Silph Co.'s President

Ash was a little confused at first, he had to reread the letter a few times before he understood, but when he did he grinned. This was the adventure and excitement he was looking for! If it worked, of course.

He flipped the sheet over, reading the backside of it, and grinning; the instructions were so simple even an idiot like James could follow them!
"Come on Pikachu!" He said, grabbing the band and running outside to his backyard. Most people were at work or busy, so the outdoors was pretty empty, beyond him and Pikachu. He kicked off his shoes, put the band on his ankle before he stomped and lifted his arm dramatically! He knew just which Pokémon he wanted to be, he'd always wondered how it would feel to be one!

"Charizard, traaaaansform!" he called out. As a trainer who was normally pretty dramatic, this did not embarrass him in the slightest.

Nothing happened.

He waited for what felt like hours, though in truth but a few minutes, and still nothing happened. He didn't feel anything, he wasn't taller, stronger, draconic, anything! He was still just Ash.

He tapped the bracelet, shaking it. Was it broken? He picked up the instructions, rereading them, although before he reached the end he felt something. No, not just anything, he felt it!

A hot flash flowing through his body, filling him with the power of a thousand blazing suns! It was incredible! He grinned widely, Pikachu getting a front row seat to see his trainer's teeth sharpen into lethal fangs! Twin horns sprouted from the back of his head, leaving Ash clueless to the change, until scales began forming!

He watched the fine orange scales began to grow on his nose, which also began to stretch out longer, his nostrils repositioning themselves atop the snout. He was growing a fine snout, finely shaped for funneling flames at his enemies! He snapped, listening to the satisfying sound of his teeth clashing together, it was intimidating! Impressive!

"Pika?" The rodent was quite amused by the change, his trainer was enjoying the change and therefore he was too. Of course, he was also planning on being Ash's first opponent! The soon-to-be Charizard looked down at Pikachu, realizing his neck was growing!

That would be a bit of a weakness, he realized, rubbing it with his hand. It was warm and scaly, it felt so strange. Then he felt another, extremely strange thing on his neck. Near his chin, he felt two decently sized...sacks it felt like, that were very hot! They actually almost burned him before he pulled his still human fingers away. Fire glands? He focused, but couldn't figure out how to breath flames, unfortunately.

Irrelevant, of course, as he was confident he wouldn't even need to breathe fire to breath, as he was feeling strength flooding through his body, lithe muscles growing over his mutating skeletal structure. If this was how being a Pokémon felt, he was starting to grow uncertain on whether or not he'd ever remove the transformative band! Unless it was to try being a different Pokémon, of course!

He raised his hands before his draconic face, watching as his fingers pulled together, merging into three, strong digits with a lethal claw curving out from the ends of them. His arms looked a little scrawny, but he knew they had the destructive power of a real Charizard behind them!

"How do I look?" He asks Pikachu, his belly starting to grow out, white scales covering it. That was a little embarrassing, he was a bit plump looking now, hopefully it didn't stop him from being badass once he tried fighting!
Though, for now the weight was beginning to grow too much for his pathetically weak human legs. First, they wobbled, and then they gave out, causing him to fall on his plump rump. The impact shocked out a tail from his rear, long and heavy. All he had to do was spin and he was certain he'd be able to take down any foe!

Pikachu was laughing, Ash looked ridiculous! A big, plump dragon with small human legs, it was ridiculous! A small, ashamed blush coloured the dragon's cheeks, he tried focusing to speed the change, he didn't want the little human legs ruining his overwhelmingly powerful appearance. First his thighs began to bulk up, scales running over them like water, dripping down along his pale skin until it was gone. His legs probably looked shorter but they were the same size, he was just that big and strong looking now!
Large claws grew from his toes, he stomped a foot and lifted to reveal he actually made a foot-shaped hole in the ground. He grinned, Pallet Town had pretty hard ground, especially as dry as it had been. He hadn't even needed to exert much effort to do that.

It was a small exercise of his newfound power, and it was the first of many! Bu first? He had something important.

"Hey, Pikachu, think you could train me to fight before the tournament?" Ash asked, to which the rodent nodded.

"Yeah, Ash!" was the response, which made Ash's jaw drop. Pikachu talked? The mouse Pokémon laughed, folding his arms cockily. "Come on, you're a Pokémon! Of course you can understand me!" Pikachu climbed up Ash easily, sitting on his shoulder just like he had when the Charizard had been a human.

A burning itch began on Ash's shoulder blades, he turned his head to see, which was easy enough to do seeing as his neck was huge now. Small little nubs were forming, which soon unfurled into the tiniest wings! They were absolutely adorable!

Which of course meant they weren't fully grown yet, a badass Charizard like Ash? He didn't need cute! He needed powerful! He stomped heavily again, feeling a surge of power flow through him, from his fingertips to his tail tip, which erupted in a huge gout of flame, before shrinking down into a cheerful inferno atop the tip of his tail. His wings filled with energy, time to finish this change!

They grew bigger and bigger, Ash flapping them occasionally. Soon they caused tiny gusts, then he blew all the seeds off a dandelion. Finally...He felt lift! A few more testing flaps and the grass around him was flattened and he was off the ground!

"Hold tight Pikachu!" Ash grinned, turning around towards Viridian City. Maybe he'd stop by Cerulean and see an old friend, after all, there were some good places to train there.

Like a bolt of greased lightning he was off! Flying like it had always been second nature to him!

Ending up panting and exhausted near Mount Moon wasn't part of his plan, but for his first flight he was pretty proud! He barely even remembered he had the bracelet on still, he was having so much fun just being a Charizard.

This was it, this was exactly what he had been looking for. Who knew that restarting the fire in his heart would have ended up being so literal?