Chapter 40

I wake up not knowing what's going to happen between me and Olli. I really do like him and what happened wasn't my fault. Olli is the best guy I've ever dated, he's sweet, nice, handsome and all around a great guy.

I hear someone knock at my door so I put a sweater on over my pyjama shirt and walk downstairs to see who it is.

"What's happening between you and Olli?" Karen asks as she walks in. "I don't know..." I sigh as I lay on the couch. "You have to know something!" Karen tells me as she sits on the other side of the couch. "I don't. We got in a fight the day of the gold medal game and we haven't talked since. I don't even know if we are still together!" I go on. "Gemma, he's one text away. Text him!" "No. If he wants to end things he can. It's up to him. He can text me first!" I tell her. "Gemma Miller. Listen to me! You and Olli are perfect for each other. You both love each other and you have so much in common. You both love and play hockey, you both got that blonde hair, even if yours is dyed, and you two are both quirky and have kinda weird personalities!" Karen tells me. "Thanks Karen!" I roll my eyes. "You know what I mean. The two of you are meant to be Gem. Just text him!" She says. "Ya but he saw the four pictures of us!" I sit up and tell her. "There's five!" "What?" "There's five pictures!" Karen tells me. "WHAT?" I scream. Karen sits quietly on her phone. "Look through these!" She hands me her phone. The first four are the ones I saw, but the last one I completely missed. This breaks my heart. "Process those! I'll text you later." Karen says and walks out.

I stay on the couch just thinking about Olli and what he must be thinking. I totally forgotten James had kissed me. It slipped my mined.

~

A few hours have past and I change from my pyjamas to sweatpants and black t-shirt.

I make some popcorn and I watch some movies as I lay on the couch. I hear a knock on the door and I debate whether to answer it or not. May as well get off my ass and answer it.

When I open it, it's Olli. I can tell he's been a wreck because, well, he looks like it. His hair is messy and he hasn't slept a wink.

"Olli!" I say. "Let me just say this!" He takes a deep breathe. "Gemma, you're the best girlfriend I've ever had, and I haven't had many, you made me feel like I was the only guy in the world and that felt amazing. When I saw those pictures I was heartbroken. I hated the guy that you were with and I hated that he kissed you. I should've been a better boyfriend to you. I've always loved you from the beginning. I'll never forget when we first met in Starbucks!" He grins as he takes a pause. "Are you breaking up with me?" I ask. "What? I thought you were going to break up with me after the fight!" Olli says shocked. "No. I was just pissed cause I thought you were mad at me because you though I would cheat on you! I also thought you were going to break up with me!" "Like it ran through my mind!" He admits. "Olli I would never cheat on you! I didn't know James was going to kiss me. It was as much as a surprise to me as it was to you!" I explain. "Can I tell you something Gemma?" Olli looks me in the eye. "Anything!" I say and grab his hand. "I love you. I've loved you when we met at Starbucks. And I loved you before I asked you out. I've never stopped loving you!" Olli tells me. I lean up towards Olli and kiss him. He kisses back. "I love you too Olli!" I smile at him. "Does this mean we're still together?" He smiles places his forehead on mine. "What do you think?" I smile kissing him again. Olli smiles and I lead him inside. "Gemma?" He smiles. "Olli!" I kiss him again. "I love you!"