Chapter 14

Gemma's P.O.V

"Okay it's 6:00. We better start to get ready!" I say and stand up. "Uh. I want to keep watching this!" Olli grunts and complains. "If you want to be late then keep watching. I'm going to get ready!" I say and start to walk towards the stairs. "Let's get ready!" Olli complains again as he grabs my hand as we walk up the stairs.

"I still can't believe you beat me!" Olli says with another grunt. "Quit grunting. And just face the facts that you will never beat me!" I smile when I say that. "You're too good!" He smiles.

I grab my dress that's sitting on Olli's bed and I walk to the bathroom to put it on.

When I walk back out Olli is putting on his shirt. "Hey can you zip this up?" I ask turning around. "Sure!" He takes the zipper and zips it right up. "That's a nice dress!" He says. "Thanks. I was going to wear it to the teams Christmas party but that was a few days after I hurt my knee and I stayed home!" I tell him. "Okay. It still looks nice!" He smiles as he grabs my hips. "Thanks!" I smile. He leans in and kisses me. "Focus Määttä. We have to keep getting ready!" I smile and back away. He smiles and shakes his head.

I sit on his bed and put on my black flats to match my black dress. I stand up and turn to see Olli starring at me. "What? Is something wrong?" I ask. "No. You look beautiful!" He tells me with a smile. "Thanks!" I smile. "You don't look bad yourself!" I tell him. "Thanks. You ready to go?" Olli asks. "Ya, let's go!" I grab my little purse and put my phone in it.

We grab our coats and we head out to the rink.

*

Once we arrive almost the whole team is here. We walk into where the dressing room was and it had some decorations.

"Gemmaaa!" I hear some girls call. It's Jordan, Christina and Kelsey. "Hey girls!" I smile as we have a little group hug. "Congrats on the Olympics. We heard you go on the team!" Jordan smiles. "Thanks!" I smile. "Bring back gold for Canada!" Christina says to me with a huge smile. "I'll try my best!" I tell her and the other two.

"Ya congrats Gemma. At least we know someone who can actually go to the Olympics!" Sidney tells me. "Thanks Sidney! I wish you guys could go, then I would actually know some people!" I say to him. "You'll do fine. Just focus on your games and you'll bring back gold for sure!" He says. "Thanks!" I smile. "But Russia number one!" Malkin says while having one finger up. "I'm not to sure about that Malkin. Us Canadians are pretty good!" I say with a smile. We both laugh and then everyone starts talking more.

Everyone eventually starts walking out on the ice where all the tables are set up.

"Where do you want to sit?" Olli asks as he puts his arm around my waist. "Want to sit over there?" I point toward and empty table. "If people want to sit with us they can!" I tell him. "Let's go!" He smiles. He takes his hand off of my waist and we walk to the empty table.

As we get there, Kris and Catherine get there too. "Where got two going to sit here?" Kris asks. "Ya. You two can sit with us!" Olli tells them. "Okay!" Catherine says. The four of us sit down and make some small talk.

"So are you two official yet?" Kris asks. "Ya we are now!" Olli blushes a little. "Good!" Kris smiles. "Hey Gemma congrats on the Olympics! You'll do great and you ladies better bring home gold!" Catherine tells me. "Thanks. And I think we all want to!" "I heard Sidney say him and some other guys on the men's team were worried about how their team would do. Since ya know they can't go!" Catherine tells me. "Ya I was talking to one girl on the team and she said that we all are going to try to win gold for the Canadian NHL players that can't go, and Canada as well!" I explain to her. "After you win gold and they interview you, say what you just said!" Kris tells me. "Okay!" I smile.

~

After three hours at the rink some of the guys are drunk, including Olli, and people start leaving.

"Hey let's go!" I tell Olli. "What?" He turns around. "Let's go!" I tell him again. "Are you sleeping over again?" He asks putting and arm around my shoulders. I put my hand around his back so I can hold him up. "Maybe. Depends how drunk you actually are and how you act!" I tell him. "Okay!" He smiles.

Once we get to his truck I put him in the passengers seat and get the keys out of his pocket and climb into the drivers seat.

"Hey Gem you know how to drive this?" He asks with a little bit of a slur. "Yes. I know how to drive a truck!" I tell him.

Olli stays quiet the rest of the way back to his house. He's usually never this quiet, and he's a pretty quiet dude.

I open his side if the door so I can get him out. "Olli!" I skate him. "Ya?" He opens his eyes. "Let's go inside so you can drink some water and sleep!" I tell him. He grins and hops out. When he does get out he almost falls, and I have to catch him, which almost makes me fall.

I eventually get him upstairs and in his pyjamas. He gets into bed himself and I get him some water.

"You alright?" I ask. He nods his head. Good thing he isn't hammered.

***
December 23

I decided to stay the night again in case Olli needed something. I would hate if he needed something and I wasn't here to help him and something bad happened.

"Gem you awake?" I hear Olli say as he just wakes up. "Now I am!" I say and turn over to see him. "Did I wake you?" He asks. "It's fine!" I smile. "When are you going home for Christmas?" He asks. "Tonight at like 6:00 and I should be at the airport for like 4:30!" "That soon!" He says with a sad face. "Yeah. I'm spending time with my family Christmas Eve and then we're having family over Christmas Day!" I tell him. "Okay. I'm flying home tomorrow and coming back on the 26!" "What do you guys do for Christmas?" "On Christmas Day we have a lot of my family over to my parents house and have a big dinner!" "That sounds like fun!" I smile. "When do you get back?" Olli asks me. "28!" "Oh good. You'll be back for my New Years kiss!" He smirks. I laugh and hit him on the arm. "Omg I still haven't pack for home. Can you come over with me today so I can pack?" I ask. "Of course!" He smiles. "Good!" I grin. I put my head down on the pillow more and close my eyes. "Still tired?" I nod. "Aw come here!" He smiles and pulls me in so my head his against his chest. I fall asleep pretty quickly.