Chapter 5

"Gem How are you feeling?" He asks. "Great! Ready to go back out!" I say while putting my shin pad back on and pulling my sock up. "Are you sure?" "Coach I'm ready!" "Okay!" He says and gives us a pep talk.

When we go back out onto the ice I see we were losing 2-0. My line is on next and I really want to score or to get is back in the game. I also really want to show the Pittsburgh players what I can do.

Once we get on the ice for the face off I see the defence that hit me is on. She gives me a smirk like she wants to hit me again, but this time I'm not going to let that happen.

The ref drops the puck and I bring it back to our defence and then I skate up paste the defence. Jamie banks it off the boards and up to me. I'm past the their defence and I'm on a break away. I get over the blue line and I'm coming in on an angle. I cut in and deek the goalie a few times and back had it and it goes top shelf. I go to the left and jump on the boards down where the penguins boys are. They're standing up and banging on the class. The team comes over and hugs me and tells me good job. I then go high five the bench and back to the centre circle.

I'm in the position to take the face off and o just hear "you bitch" come from a girl. I look up and it's the other centre man. I just shake my head and win the face off and pass it to over to Lily.

This time Lily skates up with the puck and passes it over the blue line. I pick it up and pass it over Karen who is open. She takes a shot and the goalie saves it. I quickly pick it up and put the puck in back hand again. Now we're tied 2-2. Two quick goals and now our team is back in it.

All five of us get off and have a little breather. "Hey Miller!" I hear. I look up and it's Coach. "Great job. Way to get us back in the game!" He smiles and looks back on the ice. I take a sip of water and stand up to watch the game. Just as I stand up I see Melissa wire one towards the net and score. We all cheer as she puts us up by a goal.

~

The third period is beginning now and my line is next out to go. I'm ready to beat Philadelphia and show that Pittsburgh is the best city in Pennsylvania.

Once I jump on the ice I get another pass from Melissa I'm on another 1 on 1. And it's against the same girl who slashed me. I deek her and actually get past her without a slash. I take a wrist shot and it goes top shelf again. That's a hat trick. I glide my knee across the ice and do the same with my hand then I stand up and jump into my teammates.

I see Karen grab the puck and give it to the coach because that is my first hat trick ever.

Once I get off I hear "congrats" all around.

*

The game is over and 4-2 was the final score. Once Coach comes into the room he throws the puck to me and everyone claps.

*

I finish getting my clothes on and I walk out of the dressing room. When I turn the corner I see the 5 boys.

"Hey there she is!" Kris Letang says. "Good game!" Olli says. "Thank you!" "Nice hat trick!" Brian says. "Thanks!" "How's your knee?" Patric asks. "It hurts but I'll live." "How hard was the slash?" Sidney asks. "On a scale from 1-10 and 10 being the worst, a 9." "Probably a bone bruise." He tells me. "Probably!" "I think you two will get along great!" Brian says and makes us laugh. "Dumo I think she's dating Olli!" Patric chuckles. "We're not dating!" We both says. "Mhm!" Brian says. "Whatever." I shake my head. "Okay us four are going to leave you two alone and you can talk!" Kris says and they leave me and Olli alone.

"Sorry about what Dumo said..." Olli apologizes. "It's fine!" I smile. "That was a good game!" He smiles. "Thank you!" I smile back. "You have to teach me how to do the back handed shot!" He says. "You could probably do a better one!" I tell him. "Not really. I haven't really worked on it." "I'll be glad to teach you one!" I smile. "You should really ice your knee!" Olli tells me. "Should I?" I chuckle. "Yeah!" Olli laughs with me. "Want to come over? Then you can actually know that I'm icing it." "Sure." "Okay just follow my car." I tell him as we walk towards the garage.

I'm walking with a bit of a limp because my knee hurts so much.

*

We arrive at my apartment and Olli is in shock. I guess he never thought my apartment could be this big. "Holy moly your apartment is huge!" He says in shock still. "Yeah. They pay us a lot." "Wow. Okay you go sit on the couch and put that leg up. I'll grab the ice!" He goes to the freezer and grabs and ice pack. When he comes back he puts my leg on his lap and puts the ice on my knee where the slash was.

"That's going to be a big bruise. It did seem like a hard slash!" "Yeah it was!" I say. I am in quite a lot of pain. "Are you sure you're okay? You seem like your in quite a lot of pain!" Olli says and puts his other hand on my lap. "It does really hurt!" I say and lay back on the couch. "Gem let me take you to the hospital!!!" He says. "I'll be fine. Can you get me a some water and Advil?" I ask. "No but I'll take you to the hospital!" He says and picks me up.

Olli takes me down in the elevator and it feels like it's going so slow.

"Olli you could at least put me down and help me walk!" "No. I don't want you walking on it!" "Put me down!!" I complain. "Not until we get to my truck!" "Olli you have to put me do-" Olli cuts me off with a kiss just as the elevator doors open.

We look each other in the eyes and all that comes out is "wow!"