Chapter 16

I take my seat and I sit on inside where the window is. There's my seat and two beside it.

A lady that's maybe in her late 20's, early 30's, sits beside me.

"Hey so you know if anyone else is sitting here?" She asks me. "No I don't!" I tell her with a smile. "Okay. Hey aren't you Gemma Miller? The newbie on Team Canada's women's hockey team?" I smile when she says that. "Yeah I am!" "Congrats on making the team!" She tells me. "Thank you!" I smile. "I'm Alicia by the way!" She tells me. "Nice to meet you!" "You too!" I smile as we shake hands.

The seat belt light comes on before we take off and I can't wait to get home.

Once we take off and the seat belt light comes off and I put in my headphones to fall asleep to my music until we land.

***

Once we land and I get my luggage I see a sign that says my name. It's over the persons face but I know who it is.

"Hey!!!" I say as I hug him. "Hey sis!" He hugs me back. "How's Pittsburgh?" Johnathan asks. "Great. How's New York?" "Could be better!" He groans. "I heard you hurt your knee?" Johnathan asks. "Ya. All better know!" I say trying to avoid anymore questions. "How?" He asks. I guess I spoke to soon. "I girl from Philly did a two handed slash on my knee and I badly fractured it. I can't play until I after Christmas!" "Sucks to suck!" He smiles and hits me.

We get to his truck and I put my suitcase in the very back. I see his suitcase and a hockey bag.

"Hey why did you bring your gear home?" I ask getting into the truck. "Oh I wanted mom to wash some stuff!" "Do they not wash it at the rink?" "Yeah but mom always does it just the way I like it!" "Mommas boy!" I laugh. "Shut up!" He hits me again.

"So any boys in Pittsburgh?" Johnathan asks. "Maybe!" I smile. "Omg who?" He smiles. "A guy!" "Gemma you have to tell me! I'm your twin brother!" "Well Johnathan, you might known him!" "Are you dating an NHLer?" "Yup!" "Who? Does he play for Pittsburgh? Is he nice? Do I need to beat him up?" He goes on. "Omg Johnathan-Tanner you are not beating him up!" I say really loud. "Okay okay calm down!" He says. "He's nice and he does play for Pittsburgh!" "What one?" "Olli Määttä!" "Really? He seems like a nice guy! How long have you two been dating?" "Umm. Four days I think!" "Really?" "Yeah."

We drive the hour home and I can't wait to see mom and dad; and our dog, bear.

I grab my bag and get inside from the freezing cold.

"Mom, dad!" I shout. "In the kitchen!" I hear my mom say. I leave my suitcase at the door and walk into the kitchen to see mom and dad sitting in on their computers.

"Congrats on the Olympics!" They say as they hug me. "Thank you!" "How's your knee?" Dad asks. "Better!" "Good. Where's your brother?" "Coming!" I smile. Just as I say that Johnathan comes in. "Hey Johnathan!" Our parents say. Everyone in our family calls him Johnathan and his friends call him J.T.

Our parents say hi to him and I bring my suitcase to my room upstairs.

As I'm unpacking I hear a thump and following that I hear a "fuck!" I step out of my room and see Johnathan struggling to get up the stairs.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask. "Trying to get to my room!" He says. Johnathan's room is across from mine and he is trying to carry his suitcase, his hockey bag and his sticks. "Maybe if you asked for help then you wouldn't struggle!" I say as I walk back into my room. "Gemma get the hell out here and help me!" I hear him yell. "Jesus Christ calm down!" I say as I walk out of my room. He hands me his hockey bag of all things.

"Why did you give me your hockey bag? It's so much heavier than mine!" I complain as I lay on my bed. "Suck it up princess! And get off my bed." He says annoyed. I walk out and get back into my room.

After a bit Johnathan comes in my room and sits on my bed. "Excuse me. Get off my bed!" "I'm no. We need to talk about this boyfriend of yours!" He tells me. "No we don't. I told you everything in the car!" "Not everything!" "Okay Johnathan if you want to know if I've had sex with him, no!" "Okay good!" He grins.

"Okay, what do you guys want to do tonight?" Our dad asks. Johnathan and I look at each other and smile. We looks at our parents and smile. "Pizza and hockey!" We both say. "Why didn't we see this coming?" Dad says to mom. "I don't know. We should've known this!" They say and walk out. "Make it pepperoni!" We shout at them. "We know!" Our mom says back.

We walk downstairs and sit on the couch beside our dad.

"So you two. How's the USA treating you?" Dad asks. "Good!" We say. "Just good?" "Great!" I smile. "Of course you say great!" Johnathan smirks. "What's going on with you?" Dad asks. "Nothing." "She has a boyfriend!" Johnathan blurts out. "What?" "Yes..." I groan. "How old is he? What does he do? Is he nice?" "Omg dad. He's 23, he's nice, and he plays on the Pittsburgh Penguins!" "When can I meet him?" Dad keeps asking. "Not sure!" "Well Gem we cant wait to meet him!" Mom says from the kitchen. I smile and keep looking at the tv.