Chapter 3

Woo. Game day today against Buffalo. The team that's right behind us in the standings. I'm ready to beat them and get even more ahead of them in the standings.

I wake up at 11:00 and eat a toast, bacon and eggs. After I eat my breakfast I'll go get changed and go to Starbucks and gets drink then I'll go to the rink for around 12:00 for the game at 1:00.

*

I walk into Starbucks and see Olli sitting with what I assume is a coffee and he's on his phone. I get my order and go sit beside him.

"Hey!" I smile. "Hey Gemma!" He grins. "How's it going?" "Good. How are you?" "Good!" I smile. "You look nice!" He compliments. "Thanks. I have a game today!" "Ooh. Who are you playing?" "Buffalo." "Good luck!" He smiles. "Thanks!" I smile back. "I gotta go to the rink. See you Friday!" "Bye Gem!" "See ya Määttä!" I get up with my drink and leave to get in my car and drive to the rink.

I arrive at the rink and I walk in to see Carley and Melissa stretching in the dressing. "Hey girls!" I smile. "Hey Gemma!" Carley says. "Hey Girl!" Melissa smiles. I sit in my stall and change into under armour stuff and stretch. The three is us go play two touch as the others roll into the rink and join the game.

By the time it's 12:30 we all head the the dressing room and start to put on our equipment.

*

We're all dressed and the couches come in to give us a little pep talk.

"Okay girls! This is a big game. We can get the 2 points and get farther ahead of this team or we can lose and they're a few points closer to us! Here are the lines!" Coach reads off the lines and I'm starting with my two wingers, Karen on the left and Lily on the right.

"LETS GO GIRLS!" Carley yells and we all pile out for our warm up then the game.

*

The game begins and I win the face off and I pass the puck back to the defence. Sarah takes a few strides and passes it to Karen, she passes it to me and I carry it over the blue line. I passes the puck over to Lily, who takes the shot and hits the goalies pad. The puck rebounds out and I slam it in the net. 1-0 us 15 seconds into the period.

We get in a group hug then shake hands with our bench.

*

The rest of the game was a breeze. It actually went better than I thought. We ended up wining 6-0. We congratulate our goalie on the big shut out.

We all get undressed and head back to our apartments.

When I got back I take a shower and change into my pyjamas, even though it 3:30. I check my phone and I have three messages from Olli.

Hey!
What's up?
What to hang?

Ya sure!

I get changed quickly and dry my hair then I hop in my car and drive over to Olli's house. I hope we're still hangout on Friday.

I arrive at his house a d walk to the door. The outside of his house is huge. I knock on the door and he opens it fairly quickly. "Hey!" He smiles. "Hey!" I reply. "Come on in!" He opens the door more so I can walk in. "How was your game?" He asks. "Great. We won 6-0!" "Omg really? That's great." "Ya. No one on the team expected that big of a win." "I wouldn't either. Did you score?" Olli asks with a smile. "Yup!" I smile. "Good. Come sit on the couch." He leads me towards the couch.

Olli and I talk for a while and we get to know ourselves better. "So how many siblings to you have?" Olli asks. "And older brother and sister. What about you?" "I have 2 older brothers." "Wow. I wish I had another brother instead of my sister!" "Really? How come?" "We don't get along very well." "Why?" "Idk. Different personalities I guess." "Ya..." We keep talking after that.

We finish taking and its 5:00. "Have we really been talking for an hour?" Olli chuckles. "I guess so!" I chuckle with him. "Want to go get some food?" Olli asks. "Sure!" We hop up and go to his truck. "Where do you want to go?" I ask. "Chick-Fil-A?" "Ooh. I love it their!!!!" "Me too!!!!" We both smile and laugh and soon we arrive there.

"What do you want?" Olli asks me. "You go ahead, I'll order my own!" "No let me pay!" "No!" "Okay I'll get a chicken sandwich and a medium coke and she will get the same!" Olli says to the lady. "Okay!" She gives Olli the price and Olli hand sober the money. "Olli you didn't have to do that!" I tell him as we wait for the person to make them. "Ya but I wanted to!" He smiles.