Chapter 34

January 20, Olli and I's 1 month and the day I leave for Pyeonchang.

I wake up at 10:00 and finish packing. I put my toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, shampoo, conditioner and some extra elastics in my bag and put it by the door. I put a pair of shoes in my bag as well and walk up to see Olli still asleep in bed.

I grab my phone and text Karen.

I really don't want to leave Olli today! It's our one month, it may not be a big deal, but it seems like we've been dating for more than that!

Gemma, the Olympics are an amazing experience, be glad you're getting to go. Olli will understand why you have to go, he's been to the Olympics.

I know. I just really like him Karen.

Spend time with your guy. I'll see you when you get home. Good luck. Even though I'm American, bring back gold for Canada!

Thanks Karen. I'll try my best!

Just as I put my phone down, Olli wakes up.

"Morning Gem!" He smiles at me. "Morning Olli!" "Do you have to go today?" "I do. Sorry!" "You say sorry a lot!" He smirks. "That's what happens when you date a Canadian!" I tell him. He chuckles a bit and gets a little sad. "I'm going to miss you. Why do you have to leave on out one month?" "I was thinking the same thing. I'll miss you too Määttä!" I lay down beside him and he pulls me in so my head is laying on his chest. "I'm going to miss this!" I frown. "Even when I get back to Pittsburgh, it'll be after our two month!" I tell him. "Noo!" He says sadly. "Ya. The Olympics start February 9th and end the 25!" "So you're gone for a month! More than a month!" Olli complains and hugs me tighter. "I'll miss you Määttä!" I smile. "I'll miss you too!" He tells me. "Know what we can do before I leave though!" I smile. Olli smirks at me. "Not sex Olli! My flight leaves at 2:00, we can go out for brunch!" I smile. "Okay!" Olli smiles and gets up.

"Can you meet me at my apartment?" I need to bring my car back and get a few things for Pyeongchang!" "Ya. Meet you there!" Olli says getting into his truck.

Once I get back to my apartment I put some more clean clothes and stuff.

I hear a knock on the door and I open it to see Olli.

"Hey. I'm just putting more stuff in my suitcase!" I tell him. "That's fine!" He tells me and sits on the couch.

~

"Okay I'm done!" I walk downstairs. "Let's go!" Olli stands up. "Last meal in Pittsburgh!" I say as we walk downstairs. "Don't say stuff like that. You're already bumming out that you're leaving for a more than a month!" Olli says and grabs my hand. "I know. I'm sad too. I'm going to miss you!" "I'm going to miss you too! But you're going to be an Olympian!" Olli tries to cheer me up. "Ya!" I smile at him.

Olli drives to a diner close to my apartment. "I haven't been here in so long!" I smile. "Is it good here?" "Pretty good!" I tell him and we sit in a booth.

"What do you think you're getting?" Olli asks me. "Probably waffles with a side of bacon. What about you?" "I was thinking of pancakes and a side of bacon!" He tells me with a smile. "You should try the milkshakes! They are so good!" "Okay!" Olli smiles at me and closes his menu. I do the same and the waitress comes over.

It's takes a few minutes for the waitress brings our food over. Olli gets the biggest grin on his face. "Looks good eh?" I smile. "Eh? There's the Canadian again!" Olli chuckles. I smile and chuckle with him.

"Before you take a sip of your milkshake, let me take a picture!" "Why?" "Because I want to remember this, last milkshake before being an Olympian, and one month smoothies!" I smirk. "Fine, go ahead!" Olli smiles.

gemmamiller16

47k likesgemmamiller16- Last milkshake before Pyeonchang!!

47k likes
gemmamiller16- Last milkshake before Pyeonchang!!

~

It's 12:30 by the time we finish our food.

"Want to drive me to the airport?" I ask Olli as we get to his truck. "Ya. Cause then I can properly say bye to you!" He tells me.

~

We arrive at the airport and Olli walks to where I have to bored.

"Why are we over here so early? My plane doesn't leave until like 2." "It's better to be early than late!" "I guess!" I smile. Olli hugs me and I hug him back. I really don't want to leave him. I wish he was going to the Olympics too. Stupid Bettman. "I wish you didn't have to leave so soon!" Olli tells me. "I know, but we have to practice as a team and get use to how we all play!" I explain. "Ya. You better bring back gold!" "What about the Finland girls?" "They can get second!" He smiles.

~

I hear my boarding flight number be called and I stand up from where I was sitting.

"Bye Olli!" I say with a sad tone. "Bye Gemma!"
He says and grabs one of my hands. "I got to go Olli!" "I know!" He looks down. "Hey, Olli, don't be sad. You can always call or text me!" "I know!" He smiles. "I'll see you later!" I say. "Bye!" He smiles. He leans down and kisses me. I smile and grab my luggage and walk away from Olli.

I'll miss you!!!

I get a text from Olli. I turn around and smile.

I'll miss you too!

I respond and walk to where my flight boards.

***

I get to my seat and it's just a single seat for myself. I'm so glad, then I can fall asleep and listen to music.

Hey Gem, good luck in Pyeonchang, bring back gold for Canada!

Thanks Jonathan!

I get lots of text from my hockey team wishing me luck, and from my parents. Even the WAGS have texted me wishing me luck.

I'm so nervous!