chapter 5- paradise?

"Callaway!"

my eyes stryggle to blink open and I look at my clock. 7 in the morning.

"Cal!" my mom shouts again and in moments shes bursting through my door.

"what?" I sit up groaning. "what is it?"

"look." she switches on the tv and on the screen, is me and harry.

I choke and I I turn up the volume. what is happening? how, why?

"the two sweethearts were seen going to this high end restraunt in downtown l.a last week, confirmation of the twos relationship by a waitor at the restraunt named Chris palazollo. he says they were quite sweet together and pretty handsy."

of course. of course he had to say something. stupid, handsome chris. "what the hell..." I whisper under mu breath and my mom giving me a confused glance.

"possible problems in paradise already reported last night when a passer byer beleived to have to seen the couple fighting outside the studio where styles and his band are working on their newest album."

they flash a picture of two shadowed figures . harrys hands on his face, my hand suggesting im yelling at him.. which I probably was.

"no word from styles or his girlfriend, Callaway Sharp."

oh. my god. they know my name.

"what exactly happened?" my mom asks, quite bluntly and confused.

"ughhh" I groan and flop back down, pulling my pillow over my face. maybe I can disappear into thin air. "it doesnt even matter . he just left again,,"

"cal, relax. what happened, and what do you mean again?"

"hes was being harry. thats what happened. he avoided confrentation."

" I think you should call him right now and figure all this out. Harry has been ypur best friends  for years and this is not going to end this relationship."

" are you kidding me? we can't stand each other. we always end up fighting and he's always trying to one up me. it will never work ewn if I wanted it to."

"do you want it to work?"

"no. I dont."

my mom stands and goes over to my window that over looks the high end suburban street.

"well you might want to rethink that."

"why?.."

she only laughs and the door bell rings a moment later.

"put some pants on and come down." she then leaves me to my room and the tv. I stand and look out the window where harrys car is parked crookedly in our drive way

I stand completley still and I hear the familiar deep voice downstairs speak to my mom. id rather not talk to him..

"knock knock" harry says popping his head into the room.

"oh my god harry! im not wearing pants!" I scream diving to my bed and yanking the blankets up.

mortifying.

"oh relax. its not like I havent seen your arse before." he says so casually and lays on my bed, propping himself up on an elbow.

"well my 'arse' is all over the tv screen..." I reach down next to the bed and pick up an old pair of sweat pants ive owned for years.

"those are mine..." harry says.

looking down, I see the british flag on the upper thigh and london written down the side. he got these years ago, and I stole them one night. how could I have forgotten..

"yeah." I sigh. "I guess they are."

harry reaches his hand out to to me and just like that I feel myself breaking again, and falling into his arms.

"why did you leave?" I ask slipping my hand into his and he pulls me into him. his stomach pressed against my back.

"I felt something that scared me... and I didnt want to hurt you..."

"Harry, theres erm, a group of peole here for you?" my mom is looking into the room a smirk on her lips. awkward. harry sits up awkwardly rubbing his head.

"oh okay..." he stands and slips past my mom and I follow him. watching him from behind makes me feel like im 7 again chasing him through the house not letting him beat me.

"harry! where the hell have you been?" I see louis pacing the living room clearly angry.

"wh-whats going on?" Harry mumbles.

"mate... weve been looking for you all morning. we have to record." niall trys to say it quietly, as if not wanting to step on his toes.

"all morning? " I ask, "where have you been?"

"you mean.. he hasnt been here?" louis asks eyeing between harry and I, very skeptical, and frankly I am too. has he just been driving around? was he with another girl?

"only the last few minutes..."

"it, it doesnt matter we can leave now." harry snaps, grabbing his keys off the counter. cheaks bright pink now.

"well there will be pictures here soon I bet. there already video of your two's little spat last night." louis glances at me as if hes annoyed by existance.

"just. lets leave." harrys out the door slamming it behind him.