Rustling was heard from Blossom's den. Misty glanced up to see Wren stumble out in a blank daze. She staggered to her den and disappeared in its shadows.

Wren must've seen Moondancer for the first time since the accident.

Misty stood and looked at her meal. She lost her appetite and grabbed it, placing it back on the pile and trotted back over to Wren's den.

"Wren?" Misty poked her head in and allowed herself to adjust to the dim light. She stared straight ahead, eyes falling upon a red figure hunched in the center.

Wren turned around, amber eyes aglow with a deep sadness that couldn't be explained. Dragging a paw over the pelted floor, she faced the young wolf without a word.

"So?" Misty asked, sitting just out of reach of Wren. "How's Moondancer?"

Wren met her gaze, confusion lit them up, not answering Misty. "Do you think I'll ever have any more pups?"

Misty flinched back. Wren looked Misty in the eyes expectantly now, wanting an answer. She's being serious.

The young she-wolf searched for the right words. "Er...Um..." She gulped and took a deep wary breath. "Wren, Moondancer is still alive."

The red wolf blinked blankly, unconvinced. "She's dead though."

Misty's jaw fell. She couldn't believe her ears! Moondancer is still alive! She regained consciousness and could sip water now! Why would she think her pup was dead?

"Wren," Misty stepped forward and placed a paw on Wren's shoulder. "You saw her today. She lost a leg sure, but she isn't dead. I promise."

"Now you're lying," The sad mother shook her head and her ears drooped. "Blossom tried to tell me the same thing. But I know it's not the truth."

Stifling a growl of frustration, Misty stepped back, never taking her green eyes off the amber ones. She's being ridiculous! And so stubborn! How could Wren think her daughter was dead? Misty shook her head and stared on in silence.

Wren got to her paws and began to head for the exit. But Misty stepped in her way.

"Where are you going?" The white she-wolf studied Wren with a suspicious glare.

Wren blinked. "Outside."

"To do what?" Misty sat firmly and tilted her head.

"Just follow me." Wren shouldered her way past Misty and entered the clearing.

Oh dear.....Help us all... Misty groaned inwardly and rolled her eyes, emerging beside the old wolf.

The two she-wolves left camp and followed the river until a steep slope veered off to the right. Wind sharply bit into Misty's fur, making her stop, urging her to turn and run back to the warmth of camp.

Wren beckoned for Misty to follow when she noticed the young wolf had stopped.

Misty was hesitant, unsure of why Wren brought her out here. She shook her thoughts away and bounded up the slope beside her Packmate.

The trees creaked and groaned in the wind. Squirrels scuttled to safety when they saw the two wolves approaching. They padded up and entered an open clearing with a cliff side that overlooked the South side of the territory.

Silently, Wren strode forth and sat two-bounds away from the cliff. Looking into the distance. Misty could tell the she-wolf was deep in thought and kept to herself so not to disturb her.

After what felt like a lifetime, Wren spoke, keeping her eyes on the rolling hills and trees in the distance.

"This is where I met Comet," She fell silent and clenched her paws together.