Prologue

"Long ago, the Earth was inhabited by happy, joyful, and never-dying people. They could easily change the shape of their bodies, turning from humans into animals or plants. If someone wanted to become an eagle, they could grow wings and fly; if someone wanted to change into a rose, they had only to ask Mother Earth for such a gift. And they could grow and blossom, giving joy to themselves and others.

But the Black God, who had sown so many evil seeds in the world, envied these kind beings. So he divided each of them into man and woman. At that very moment, hate and vice appeared in nature; predators roared in the forests and plains; clouds of stinging insects rose into the air, craving blood.

And yet people learned how to find their sundered halves to become a whole being again. It happened like this.

When the Black God divided the inhabitants of our world into men and women, each had an open spot on the chest. Through this spot the heart was seen; the heart that did not sleep even at night. When it met its other half, it would blaze with rainbow fire and longed to become a whole being again.

The king of darkness ordered the closure of the open heart-spot from childhood, so that people would not even hear the sound in their chest. Little by little, love went extinct in the world and everyone forgot the time when the never-dying people lived on the Earth..."

From an ancient legend