Patrick Stump x Reader - Trouble

Start from the beginning

Again you swallowed down the words you so badly wanted to say, and just nodded.

"Okay," you said and quickly turned around, leaving the classroom. You had just walked a few steps when someone called your name. You were really tempted to just keep walking but you turned around to the soft voice anyway. Much to your surprise it was one of the other students, Patrick. He was short, had blond hair and blue eyes. You liked him. He was calm and never got in trouble, which made you almost feel sorry for him. Now he looked at you scared.

"What?" You were unnerved; just one more person to keep you from your weekend.

"Hey, I... I wondered... you said you couldn't read the blackboard. If you want you can have my notes," he offered stuttering.

You looked at him confused. Never before had anyone offered you to copy their notes. "Why?"

"Just... 'cause... I don't know," he admitted. "I thought you might need them." He held his notebook out to you.

"Thanks," you slowly took the book from him and shot him a quick smile.

"What did Meyer want?" Patrick curiously followed you down the corridor.

"Gave me Detention for next week," you growled, still mad at the teacher.

"The entire week?" Patrick seemed shocked.

"Yeah, what'd you think? He's an ass."

Patrick giggled at your comment which made you blush. It was nice to walk through school with someone by your side. You had no friends so you always walked through school by your own. No one wanted to be friends with the rebel, the troublemaker.

When you reached the parking lot, you said good bye to Patrick. Maybe you would talk to him again next week, he was nice and seemed not to judge you.

~*~

You had just stepped through the front door when you already regretted having come home at all. Your mum was having one of the famous fights with your dad. You could hear their voices from upstairs, something about your dad spending too much money on going to football games. You quickly hung up your jacket and ran to your room, throwing the door closed. Dropping your bag in one corner of the room you jumped onto your bed and put in your headphones to drown out the noises of the fight. The other day your neighbor Gerard, basically the only friend you had, had given you a sample of his bands first album. You always went to their concerts and planned to do so today as well, so you were already familiar with the songs.

Laying down on the bed, you contemplated whether or not to do homework. If you were doing anything at all, you really should copy the stuff from Patrick's math notebook. He had gone out of his way to help you, so you could at least make sure that he got his stuff back as soon as possible. Just then you began to wonder how he planned on doing his math homework without his notes.

The thought of Patrick did not leave your mind all afternoon. You were still confused why he suddenly had decided to talk to you.

But dinner finally brought other thoughts. It was the usual talk about work and about school and when you finally revealed to your parents that you had detention for the entire next week there was first a shit storm before asking how that happened. When you tried to explain to them that it was because you went to the bathroom without permission, they had thousand better ideas what could have been done instead of just walking out. Maybe their solutions really were better, but that was no help to you now, you had already solved the problem; and created another along the way. But it did not matter, it all was in the past now. You quickly tried to change the topic, asking if you could go to the concert tonight.