A matter of life and death (Grey wolf prequel-short)

“So… why have you called me here?” She asked glaring at him with her big black eyes.

“Don’t you mean us?” The more physically matured woman asked in a slick velvet tone. They both ignored her.

“You know all too well, when we meet in this large old hall it only means one thing-” Said the man with a naturally soft voice but with a heavy dose of stern emotion due to the situation.

“Oh how right you are. Looking to us for help again! One would think that an entity with so much power and help would not need to turn to darker forces to clean up their mess.” Her pale lips painted a cruel and very slight smirk.

“Oh don’t be so cruel Annie; mockery will not serve well in this formal situation young lady!" The woman said suppressing a sly smile. The man glanced at the woman out of the corner of his eye with distaste.

“Oh shut you’re filthy unnatural mouth Gretta! That is not my name and I have lived far longer then you have YOUNG LADY!” The girl with the black eyes stood up, staring down at the woman. The girl did appear to be only about fourteen or fifteen years old but in actual fact she had been around for many, many years.

“I would hardly call anything less than a millennium farlonger!” The woman was once again pleased with herself, her half smile and look of self-importance showed this.

“When will you learn to speak to your superiors with respect?!” The 'girl' with the black eyes raised her voice to the next level.

“I am more than an angel around, Death himself.” The woman said in a candy tone winking at the boy as a state of irony. The boy of whose age looked to be around seventeen or eighteen eyes grew wide and he ruffled his large gold wings in discomfort.

“Why is she here anyway?” asked the boy to the girl whilst signalling to the woman.

“Death asked me to make notes on the meeting, besides I knew Ann would be far too bogged down in gloating about Deaths marvellous plans to annoy you properly.” The woman placed the tip of her pen in her mouth, and looked at the boy, a glint of light hovered in her red eyes. She had done a very good job of annoying them both that day.

“Look,” He said turning back to Ann, his head with business again, “We need something, something to stop the vampire menace. Death created them, he can stop them.”

“One thing you clearly don’t know about my dear master is that, unlike yours, mine is always one step ahead.” Ann had a mean half smile on her face and looked up at him with her face tilted down.

“What does that mean? Life is the creator of all, we see all and we know all! What is it you have? Nothing; save for your small world of destruction!” He yelled.

“Ha! Death is creative he plans ahead! There’s no point waiting and seeing how the wind blows if you already know how the story will end!” She retorted still smirking.

“Humanity is not a game to us; we have a thing called free will.” He was truly angry now. Both Life and Death could hear the conversation; they could communicate thoughts with their successor but neither were part of this petty battle. The red eyed woman sat back in her chair, and watched with glee.

“You’re such a fool Eric! You create these people, you choose when they die! People, animals, they are your puppets! We do not destroy them, you do. You choose when there’s destruction, then you point us in the right direction. And you think we are cruel and sadistic, look at yourselves and that doll house of a blue planet!” They had both gotten up during the argument in frustration.