Birthday

"Even though all three of us heirs have finally reunited, I decided there is some business I must go over in the mortal world," Jaspar announces on live Hell TV, "Please anticipate my return, and then we'll finally get started."

"Once they finally meet, there will be the official brawl." Jenx comments, "Jaspar is definitely preparing something in the mortal world, he will miss his dear brother's birthday."

"It's Jack's birthday?!" I exclaim, "When?!"

"Today." She assures me, "Don't worry birthday's aren't really a thing here."

I stood up abruptly from the sofa, "They should be." I firmly say and then exit the lounge and I stand upon the center of the multiple hallways going all the way down to where my eyes can't even reach.

Where can I find such a thing that was lost so long ago? I need to trace back my steps when did I last see it?

I walk into old Rapunzel's place, and try searching for something, a clue of some sorts. I look through her old diary logs. I learnt some relevant information, however nothing about the location of the item. It makes sense though of how she lost track of it.

The last person I know who touched it must've been Jenx. I run back to the lounge to see her writing in a large book but in a totally different language.

"Jenx," I address her, "Do you know where the ...."

Jenx was deep in thought, and suggested me a location. But she was very unsure.

I visit her old tower she once lived in. It was a wreck, how am I suppose to search this tower full of genius junk? The day may end after I finish searching this place. Oh Lord, what must I do to find such a small item?

This is the only hinted place where I could find it, I search for 2 hours looking for it. I found a peculiar box under the bed and a thick layer of dust was covered over the top and I open it and sigh in relief.

A smile grew on my face, even though it's a bit rattled up a little bit of handy work and it'll be good as new.

I return back to the Palace, I go to the workshop room and fix it up with the knowledge I have already. I didn't know how to fix things like that unfortunately, it took a few sore fingers and I got the desired look. This place didn't have any wrapping paper so I think I'll have to use my body to hide it.

I excitedly run around the whole palace looking for Jack, but even after looking through the whole place my energy was running out. I wanted to hit myself for being so stupid and acting on my raw enthusiasm, he's obviously in that training room outside of the palace.

My energy suddenly went up, but my heart started racing and I became all stiff when I was at the door of the training place. I can hear the strokes of his blade, cutting through the air.

I spent a good minute contemplating how I should deliver my birthday wishes to him, I gulp and open the door and Jack was there practicing with his sword, he was sweating and seemed restless. His hair didn't stand up anymore it flopped in front of his face, and strands of his hair overlapped his eyes. He had a simple white long-sleeve shirt and a vest over it, and his gloves gripping on the blade. Which is quite dressed down, as he always wears that cloak with his fancy royal accent pieces.

All of my energy tended to my emotion of nervousness. I gripped the item tighter that was hidden behind my back.

"What do you want? I'm busy." He tells me, not paying any attention to my presence.

"Can you at least look at me?" I ask.

"You're a nuisance. Get lost." He tells me with a strained voice, continuing his blade strokes, "Don't forget your position, you are my slave. I don't need to look at you. You just have to hear my orders."

I small smirk formed on me and I wryly laugh, "Things are the same, huh? Here I was thinking something shifted after I came back from the past."

"Why would you think that?" He says.

"You're right," I nod my head, "I'm stupid. You're still the arrogant, demanding and cold Demon Prince, I first met."

Jack stops swinging the blade and his arms loosened.

I can feel tears surfacing to my eyes.

Stop. 

I can't be in this state, after such a dumb thing. 

The tears travel down my cheek, and I am overwhelmed with emotion I clutch the item and I threw it aggressively at his back. 

That item was his Teddy Bear, the Bear he received from Rapunzel. When I saw him playing with it in the past, it seemed like he was happy and had a genuine connection to it. Like it was his first friend.

Jack turns around to grab the item and his face was looking down, and he runs his hands on it, feeling the texture and he mutters to himself, "It's still soft."

He proceeds to place it on top of a table.

I turn my back to him, and silently approach the door but then he starts to speak.

"I don't understand." Jack says, "I don't act normal when I see you, I want things to go back to how they were. But when I see your face ... I am reminded."

Surprised I turn back, with such wide eyes. 

"Say it again." Jack says in a sort of a loud whisper, "Say you want me to look at you."

My lips suddenly separate from each other, confused and shocked, these words that are coming out of his mouth, he slowly approaches me.

Out of pressure I say it, "Look at me." But this sentence somehow made my heart beat crazily and my cheeks flushed, no, my whole face is flushed with red.

He is closer to me now, he is half a meter away now. He looks up at me, revealing his eyes, the golden eyes that sucked me into his charm. Seeing him, this feeling of warmth overwhelms my body.

"I-I am going to go." I say, I can't handle this sudden feeling.

Jack blocks the entrance with his arm, like he was pinning me against the wall.

"W-What's wrong?" I ask nervously.

A smirk forms on his face, "You said some pretty mean thing early."

"S-Sorry!" I exclaim looking down, panicking, "I was mad! It was out of impulse! I didn't think it through!"

He caresses my chin, his hand felt gentle but the action was rough and pushes my face up to look at him. I flinch a bit.

Jack whispers, "Then you won't struggle .... if I also act on impulse."

_______________________________________

A/N

I may of underestimated the amount of school work I have. However do not fret, I am in the works of pre-writing as many chapters as possible to suffice since I am on holidays so yes.

REMEMBER TO SMASH THAT VOTE BUTTON AND FOLLOW ME.

sorry.